The OFFICIAL 2021 Houston Astros Thread

Wild74

Last time I saw a team comeback after being down that much early in a game was the Atlanta Braves back in the 90's. They were down by 9, I believe. Can't remember who they were playing, just remember it being a amazing comeback and winning the game.

That was back when the Atlanta Braves and the N.Y. Yankees were the top dogs for a period of time. In fact John Smoltz that's doing the announcing with Joe Buck was one of the Braves pitchers back then. 

28 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Last time I saw a team comeback after being down that much early in a game was the Atlanta Braves back in the 90's. They were down by 9, I believe. Can't remember who they were playing, just remember it being a amazing comeback and winning the game.

That was back when the Atlanta Braves and the N.Y. Yankees were the top dogs for a period of time. In fact John Smoltz that's doing the announcing with Joe Buck was one of the Braves pitchers back then. 

I would like the Stros to score some runs make their pitchers work even if we can’t come back 

• Like 1

Astros pitching was always going to be a problem this year, I think the management thinking was if they could get at least 5 innings out of the starters without giving up a lot they could fix the relief pitching. Boston is a hot team right now and the Astros pitching is keeping them that way we do not have a stopper as a starting pitcher. The Astros can get back in the series but they are going to need to score a lot of runs and their bats are as cold as ice. They can turn it around but they need to win today

Hopefully we can get 1 of the next 2.  If we can get into the WS without McCullers it would be an unbelievable feat. Still can't get over going to ALCS 5 years in a row.   Good Times in Houston.  Probably gonna lose Correa, but there are a bunch of SS on the market.  Losing Correa and the salaries of Verlander and Greinke we should have $ to spend on a SP.   No reason this shouldn't continue for the near future.

Go Stros !!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

I confess......i broke the boycott and watched.....😂😂😂

I watched very little on TV but gameday was another story, I was keeping up with the score while at Harleton and got home in time to watch Tuckers tatter

6 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

My favorite part of the series (other than winning) was hearing the Red Sox fans boo those "cheating Astros".   Completely forgetting they got caught doing the same thing and their manager was part of the whole thing.

Good times  !!!!!

Somehow they did not see the irony in their hate, they where easily manipulated by their local media