Pittsburg VS Mount Pleasant Week 1

ETX33

Pittsburg VS Mount Pleasant Week 1   

32 members have voted

1. 1. I know its a little early but what's every one pick for Pittsburg VS Mount Pleasant Week 1

• Pittsburg
    • Mount Pleasant

On 7/20/2022 at 9:21 PM, BlackShirtD said:

PG

Gilmer

Pitt/LE winner 3rd and the loser 4th

SH

NL

You are underestimating SH.  They had LE beat with under 3 mins to play in 2021 and gave the game away.  We will be improved in 2022.  Will have a SR heavy team with many having 2 years of varsity experience already.  Won’t be at the Gilmer/PG level.  But we can play with Pitt/LE.  Question is will we?

9 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

You are underestimating SH.  They had LE beat with under 3 mins to play in 2021 and gave the game away.  We will be improved in 2022.  Will have a SR heavy team with many having 2 years of varsity experience already.  Won’t be at the Gilmer/PG level.  But we can play with Pitt/LE.  Question is will we?

I agree that SH will be better, But until they knock off a Pitt or an LE they will still be bottom feeders.   To win you have to play 4 full quarters, not 3 Qtrs and 8 min.  

Lose/Lose for Mount Pleasant. Win and its the equivalent of a D-1 FBS school beating a D-I FCS school. Lose and your a Sportcenter Top 10 Moment. 

With that said, Mount Pleasant at home will be too much for the Pirates. Close game. Mount Pleasant by 10. 

10 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

I agree that SH will be better, But until they knock off a Pitt or an LE they will still be bottom feeders.   To win you have to play 4 full quarters, not 3 Qtrs and 8 min.  

True story.  That’s where culture and knowing how to win come into play.

over/under on patrol units in the parking lots after game? 25?

should be a good match up...worth making the trip to watch in week one

• Like 3

On 7/24/2022 at 8:01 AM, Bock said:

over/under on patrol units in the parking lots after game? 25?

should be a good match up...worth making the trip to watch in week one

OVER will be a madhouse

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Is the qb/rb that took over mid season coming back or did he graduate? 

Tigers had a ton of talent when they played PT last year. Never could get it all on track. Think two of their kids went D1. 

On 7/22/2022 at 7:02 PM, tomlandry said:

Lose/Lose for Mount Pleasant. Win and its the equivalent of a D-1 FBS school beating a D-I FCS school. Lose and your a Sportcenter Top 10 Moment. 

With that said, Mount Pleasant at home will be too much for the Pirates. Close game. Mount Pleasant by 10. 

That is a bit of a stretch lol. MP losing this game would not even be a huge upset...or even an upset at all really. 

48 minutes ago, TxBroadcaster said:

That is a bit of a stretch lol. MP losing this game would not even be a huge upset...or even an upset at all really. 

Exactly.  I’m not sure MP can stop Pitt consistently in game one.  Pitt will stop MP enough times to get the W.  Close game decided by 8 points or less.  Pitt goes home 1-0 and hosts the Panola County Dawgs in week two.  May not be so fortunate in week two.