East Texas Rivalries That Have Fizzled Out Recently

Sportsjunkiee

12 hours ago, PelvisPresley said:

Gilmer vs Gladewater

Gilmer vs Dangerfield

Gilmer vs Mt Pleasant

these were good ones in the old days but the Buckeyes would run these guys off the field most years now...

I don't recall Gilmer having a rivalry with Mt.Pleasant! I think MP could beat Gilmer!

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

A lot of Gilmer vs Gladewater on here.  The battle of 271.  The G Town rivalry.  Orange and Black vs. Orange and Black.  And the 2014 game selling out and overflowing Lobo Stadium.  

I understand why it, and Gilmer vs. Daingerfield have come to an end.  Enrollment disparity means teams will never be in the same district, and it probably doesn’t benefit the programs to have non district games either.  But all you had to do was watch the Gilmer / Gladewater scrimmage last week to realize the intensity of the rivalry is still alive and strong!

3 hours ago, PelvisPresley said:

Mt Pleasant might could beat the Buckeyes 1 out of 20 years maybe...

American football

You have to forgive him . He tends to get delusional . I think it is drinking while posting.  If he start posting Spring Hill winning District watch out.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2023 at 6:58 AM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Carthage versus Henderson

New coach from Henderson so you never know. I would like to be like Kilgore. Yeah take a Loss but be better for it . I am not sure Henderson is ready for that type of team. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CasualObserver70 said:

A lot of Gilmer vs Gladewater on here.  The battle of 271.  The G Town rivalry.  Orange and Black vs. Orange and Black.  And the 2014 game selling out and overflowing Lobo Stadium.  

I understand why it, and Gilmer vs. Daingerfield have come to an end.  Enrollment disparity means teams will never be in the same district, and it probably doesn’t benefit the programs to have non district games either.  But all you had to do was watch the Gilmer / Gladewater scrimmage last week to realize the intensity of the rivalry is still alive and strong!

If Daingerfield would have not been so hard headed they would’ve had a flawless 3 peat and Boyd would have been high school’s all time winningest quarterback. Those 3 losses were lopsided and Daingerfield was absolutely loaded. Shows you how loaded Gilmer was. Well they’re still loaded. They just have to deal with the East Texas All Stars every year. 

20 hours ago, kooldown54 said:

IDK, we’ll sure see about it

I’m not disrespecting NB but you don’t want that smoke. Not unless you have a Jefferson or Haskins lined up. Y’all had a run there with some exceptional backs. DF is exceptional every year. Leadership problem but players out of this world. Towel boys run 4.75’s down there. 

1 hour ago, Haymaker said:

I’m not disrespecting NB but you don’t want that smoke. Not unless you have a Jefferson or Haskins lined up. Y’all had a run there with some exceptional backs. DF is exceptional every year. Leadership problem but players out of this world. Towel boys run 4.75’s down there. 

Why the hell you think it hasn’t happened since them days of old?!  Hell, i been minding my business and was called out. 

On 8/18/2023 at 5:32 PM, Haymaker said:

If Daingerfield would have not been so hard headed they would’ve had a flawless 3 peat and Boyd would have been high school’s all time winningest quarterback. Those 3 losses were lopsided and Daingerfield was absolutely loaded. Shows you how loaded Gilmer was. Well they’re still loaded. They just have to deal with the East Texas All Stars every year. 

If DF had NOT played Gilmer in those years there would have been trouble in DF.  The locals EXPECTED DF and Gilmer to play every year because DF had beaten the pants off of Gilmer for years.  Then Gilmer hired Traylor.  DF got smaller and.........