Hughes Springs

giant

On 1/19/2024 at 9:22 PM, BlackShirtD said:

Because after this year’s debacle they can’t find jobs and not leaving.  HS has gone south FAST.

We are in a coaching shortage anyone can find a job. Its actually the flip side now, if there's another mass exodus at HS they will struggle to fill a staff again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrclean69 said:

We are in a coaching shortage anyone can find a job. Its actually the flip side now, if there's another mass exodus at HS they will struggle to fill a staff again. 

Very true Mrclean. If you can breathe, you can get a coaching job. Head coaching jobs are a little harder to get however, because of places like this who absolutely don’t know what they are doing, and walk over multiple good coaches and hire a slap. 

• 2 weeks later...

SMH....this new district is not exactly where you want to land when your hoping to bounce back from an 0-10 season! Hopefully we can schedule really soft in non district and get a couple of wins. I know all the experts on here will be quick to criticize that but geez!

14 minutes ago, HS1988 said:

SMH....this new district is not exactly where you want to land when your hoping to bounce back from an 0-10 season! Hopefully we can schedule really soft in non district and get a couple of wins. I know all the experts on here will be quick to criticize that but geez!

Please do that. The kids and your community need something to shake. I'd hate for yall to have 2 OhFfers B2B 👀

28 minutes ago, DogEatDog said:

Serious question. Did Ed ever go 2 years in a row without at least making the playoffs? If not, it’s a big year. 

Good question. Don't know that answer but I do know he didn't go two years without winning a game.

33 minutes ago, DogEatDog said:

Serious question. Did Ed ever go 2 years in a row without at least making the playoffs? If not, it’s a big year. 

No. Ed missed the playoffs only 2 years in his 16 years at HS. One he rebounded to 9-3 (from 3-6) and won a district championship. The next he rebounded to 9-3 (from 4-6) and placed third. 2009-2010 and 2016-2017. 

4 hours ago, giant said:

Still no jobs open looks like a chance for some wins non district maybe the off-season going well in second season 

People don’t resign from jobs until they have other jobs lined up. 

If these jobs open it will show up in April, May, June, and July.