WEEK 4: Mount Vernon @ Sabine

MVFAN1

Sabine played a good game.Ā  QB is legit.Ā  They got the breaks when they needed them and did their job.Ā  MV can't have 4 possessions inside the 5 and only.comr away with 3 points.Ā  Time to figure out a heavy package and move into District play.Ā  This could definitely be a first round playoff match.

Good job Sabine, they came to play. MV needs to make a QB change, 7 throws the ball too quick because he doesnā€™t wanna get hit and his throws have no zip on em. We are lucky he didnā€™t have about 3 int tonight. Our secondary gave up too many plays to 11 when the QB was scrambling around and would find him. A lot to clean up and fix before they start to count.Ā 

Edited by Mike2171

1 minute ago, Blazin97 said:

Lol yep. We did, wouldnā€™t be surprised if yā€™all do too. Sabine is solid, and we are happy to make the playoffs and make some noise this year. We are young and inexperiencedĀ 

No. They arenā€™t. Yā€™all are back down to normal now.Ā 

2 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

No. They arenā€™t. Yā€™all are back down to normal now.Ā 

Ā Fair enough. I still think Sabine beats Tatum this year. Their QB is a gamer and makes things happen.Ā 
MV is coming back to earth but still is a playoff team and will be a fun matchup to whoever they draw from D6

Just now, Blazin97 said:

Ā Fair enough. I still think Sabine beats Tatum this year. Their QB is a gamer and makes things happen.Ā 
MV is coming back to earth but still is a playoff team and will be a fun matchup to whoever they draw from D6

Our QB is a gamer.Ā 

Just my opinion, (which doesn't mean anything) but I think we need to find a way to work #6 and #23 into the offense.Ā  Not all the time, but some packages that utilize them.Ā  Short yardage situations and things like that.Ā  One of our issues last night, was not making anything on first down. Too predictable I think. Most of the time we were working with 2nd and 9, so then we are forced to pass to make up the difference. Thoughts?

I personally feel like it would benefit MV in the long run to move some kids down that arenā€™t getting any playing time to get more experience. Then your best players need to be playing both ways. 23 at tight end would be a nightmare for defenses. I also felt like last night the qbs already knew where the ball was being thrown before the ball was snapped.

3 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I personally feel like it would benefit MV in the long run to move some kids down that arenā€™t getting any playing time to get more experience. Then your best players need to be playing both ways. 23 at tight end would be a nightmare for defenses. I also felt like last night the qbs already knew where the ball was being thrown before the ball was snapped.

I agree 100%.Ā  It's been that way all year with the QB.Ā  A soph with a lot to learn.Ā  We haven't tried to run the qb at all this year either.Ā  That last drive where we settled for a field goal. From where I was sitting it appeared it was open for him to run, but he threw to the back of the endzone.Ā  He may be told not to run, I don't know.