Week Four: Longview vs Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (2-1, 0-0) vs Lufkin Panthers (3-0, 0-0)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

14 hours ago, kingwolf said:

For real…I see the confidence in winning but other than a few people, I don’t see a lot of blowout predictions

I'm on record I think Longview wins but I don't think it's going to be nearly as easy as some of them think. Don't let the QB hit easy PA passes. Make him work and take away his first read. Gang tackle Tatum. Need Zion to own the middle. I'm excited.

Edited by Gametyme

27 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I'm on record I think Longview wins but I don't think it's going to be nearly as easy as some of them think. Don't let the QB hit easy PA passes. Make him work and take away his first read. Gang tackle Tatum. Need Zion to own the middle. I'm excited.

What are your thoughts from the A&M game??

33 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

What are your thoughts from the A&M game??

We need to neutralize the blitz better. They need to lineup faster and get the defense to show the look and either call or adjust the play. Dropped a TD pass and had one called back. Console was a little better then I thought defensively but our offensive line is nothing special and I suspect they will struggle Friday again.We could have easily lost that game but credit the defense they stayed active and made plays. We're allowing 2.1 ypc through 3 games. I think it's a quality win against a playoff team. Real test is Friday. I'm not looking for a win that would be a bonus but we need to play well. We can't get our teeth kicked in again. That would surprise me.

This was the perfect time for an Aggie joke but I'm going to take the high road. They going to suffer bad enough getting fleeced by Jimbo

Edited by Gametyme

2 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

That's the main fan club right there 😂. Look I'm just having fun. Texas beat Bama I'm already on cloud 9. 

To be fair, the fact that two of the main Lobo fans are calling blowout has me pretty pumped. If Quick made it a perfect trifecta I'd be absolutely elated. 

• LOL! 1
  • Crybaby 1

It easily could go the other way, in terms of being a close affair. Especially if the penalties and turnovers return.

Friday night was the first time all season we've had a team actually drive on us. And that was in part to a penalty plus the headache of the season thus far...containment. We'll see but that definitely has to get addressed.

If Lufkin can get consistent pressure, that changes a lot. But I don't think they're better than McKinney's defense. It was very obvious Tatum was not going to be used that much last Friday and he wasn't apart of the touchdown scores he had.

Get Boosie more involved. DK will be there. Tatum no doubt will get his yards.

I have no reason not to believe in a 14 point win.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

To be fair, the fact that two of the main Lobo fans are calling blowout has me pretty pumped. If Quick made it a perfect trifecta I'd be absolutely elated. 

I'm not saying it can't happen because I really like the Longview defense and maybe they can overwhelm the Lufkin offense to the point it gets out of hand. I think Lufkin has made tremendous strides on the defense and I'm banking on that. The offense has to hit a few big plays to make it interesting and they're capable. Rosters can change in a year and make a totally different game. Just like Longview beating Temple 45-7 only to lose 40-13 the next season. Your big 3 didn't see that coming. These are different teams from the 49-7 beating Lufkin received last year and I expect a much different game. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Last year's game has absolutely nothing to do with how this year's game will turn out. We all know that.

I think it's just human nature to look at last year's scores. It's more about returning starters and what did you lose and what did you replace it with. For Longview I look at you losing Hale and having to replace a 3 year starter at QB. Offense just doesn't look as dynamic as last year. Defense looks better and that worries me for sure. Maybe I'm way off but we all we find out Friday soon enough. This is the only game I root against your Lobos.

Losing Hale is no doubt a big issue. But I do believe we have the potential to be just as explosive as last season. Are we there yet? Probably not.

Tutt is not my worry. He'll make some throws here and there. That's what we need. But he doesn't have the arm strength of a QB that you would want. But again, he has not made any big errors that have cost us anything this season. If our O line does it's job, we have a chance against anybody IMO. If we don't fumble the football, we have a chance against anyone in this division.

Tatum will get more carries as the season goes on. Can he keep hold of the football when we need him to the most? He lost it vs Aledo when we were going for the final score. He lost it vs McKinney that put them right back up two scores and killed all momentum. He's a leader and the best player on the team. Those are the mistakes he just can't be making.

But again, its the first game of district. I expect to see the playbook opened back up a little more like it was against McKinney. Our defense and containment continues to be my biggest worry, especially going into the post season. Young will get his yards on Friday, he's too good of a back not to. It's just about containing him enough, like our D did last year.

It's a good test before we head to LT for sure.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

Far as I know we still old school don't do the online tickets lol sure we send so many tickets to lufkin like usually 

Yep, just found out they are selling 1000 tickets here, cash or check only Wed - Thurs. Then at the gate in Longview Friday, credit card only. 

Edited by PackAttack

1 hour ago, Gametyme said:

I'm going to stay home and watch it. Get a pack of swisher sweets and relax 😂

Valid point, just save that $100 for tickets, gas and eats, the 5 hour round trip time. Game free online, when over, already home baby! 

Edited by PackAttack

28 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Valid point, just save that $100 for tickets, gas and eats, the 5 hour round trip time. Game free online, when over, already home baby! 

Also don't have to worry about getting hit with batteries and ice 😂. I ain't got time to play with nobodies kid.

• LOL! 2