Anna vs Celina

TCU44

Folks, Anna is the real deal. They are as explosive of a team as I’ve seen. Ziondre Williams is still learning his complete QB toolset, and they are going to be SPOOKY come November. He is methodical, and getting better as a passer. And they played tonight without Jacob Emmers. I’m telling you, they are still a top 3 team in 4A Div. I.

Celina showed tonight they belong in that top tier conversation. Bobcats showed so much heart and character in this game. Just so proud of those kids and so proud of the coaches.

I don’t think it will be the last time we face off with Anna this season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

The Bobcats fought and won this game with grit even though I counted 4 bad calls against Celina that were major calls that really hurt the Bobcats.  Congrats to the Celina Bobcats for never giving up and coming together for this win.  

Those were some awful awful calls. But I think the refs felt an obligation to be pretty tight and strict, because this game was chippy early, and I’m gonna tell ya, Anna was pretty dirty. They cleaned it up later on, but it was ugly earlier in the game. Officials had to try and get control of it.

3 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Folks, Anna is the real deal. They are as explosive of a team as I’ve seen. Ziondre Williams is still learning his complete QB toolset, and they are going to be SPOOKY come November. He is methodical, and getting better as a passer. And they played tonight without Jacob Emmers. I’m telling you, they are still a top 3 team in 4A Div. I.

Celina showed tonight they belong in that top tier conversation. Bobcats showed so much heart and character in this game. Just so proud of those kids and so proud of the coaches.

I don’t think it will be the last time we face off with Anna this season.

I agree with this statement.  For a soph. QB without gametime experience, Williams is equipped with all the tools you look for in a high-quality QB to run the offense.  He's very poised, has great vision, has speed, makes good decisions, and throws the ball accurately to open receivers.....even on the move.  He's very talented and very dangerous.....he just needs more playing time at this level.  The receivers are also very good, and speedy.  The 0-line is big.....they have RB's with speed.  Their D is pretty darn good too......secondary is very good.  Anna looks like it has the makings for a deep run by the time the playoffs get here.  They could possibly drop another game......but maybe not. There is room for so much improvement.....I think they will get there.

6 hours ago, regaleagle said:

I agree with this statement.  For a soph. QB without gametime experience, Williams is equipped with all the tools you look for in a high-quality QB to run the offense.  He's very poised, has great vision, has speed, makes good decisions, and throws the ball accurately to open receivers.....even on the move.  He's very talented and very dangerous.....he just needs more playing time at this level.  The receivers are also very good, and speedy.  The 0-line is big.....they have RB's with speed.  Their D is pretty darn good too......secondary is very good.  Anna looks like it has the makings for a deep run by the time the playoffs get here.  They could possibly drop another game......but maybe not. There is room for so much improvement.....I think they will get there.

Anna has speed alllll over the field. They have size in the trenches on both sides. They have what feels like an infinite assortment of weapons on offense.

But their undoing will be a team that can really, really run the ball. Granted, they may not face another offensive line at Celina’s level this season, so they may not give up another big game on the ground. But if a team can pound the football and at least be efficient passers, you’ve got a chance against Anna.

On 9/15/2023 at 11:09 PM, regaleagle said:

On a side note.....Argyle really came together tonight in a whack attack performance against Montgomery.  They cruised to a 62-0 outstanding offensive performance.....and the D has come a looong way for those young guys.

Just stop it with the Argyle talk on some one else’s thread. First of all, no one cares they beat a terrible team that they should have beat senseless. Secondly, it makes you sound like that guy everyone wants to avoid because you just know that no matter what he’s going to shoehorn some story about his kids no one wants to hear no matter what the conversation is. You’re starting to sound like a Carthage fan lol. 

One of the best regular season games I've had the pleasure attending...thought Anna was gonna run away with it after the block FG return, but Celina's ensuing kickoff return really got them back in it...

Anna had a major coverage gaffe at the end of regulation that allowed Celina to tie it up....you kinda felt like once Celina tied it they'd find a way to win...Celina's a force and their presence just makes Region II an absolute gauntlet...

31 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

One of the best regular season games I've had the pleasure attending...thought Anna was gonna run away with it after the block FG return, but Celina's ensuing kickoff return really got them back in it...

Anna had a major coverage gaffe at the end of regulation that allowed Celina to tie it up....you kinda felt like once Celina tied it they'd find a way to win...Celina's a force and their presence just makes Region II an absolute gauntlet...

That was an absolute instant classic. And there's a decent chance we see that matchup again.

Anna was almost untouchable in the first half and caught most of the breaks. If not for that kick off return for a TD, there is a decent chance the Coyotes did run away with things. But Celina just kept absorbing the punches and throwing some back.

Celina's run game is for real. Best we've had in a long, long time, and it's a double-headed monster. Gutierrez and Williams are the real deal. Both run so hard, don't avoid contact and have a true breakaway burst if they get to that second level. And I know I've said it a ton, but the Bobcats offensive line can win some big-time ballgames. Porter wasn't at his sharpest at QB, but he hit some big throws when he had to, which he's done consistently through the first four games of the season. That coverage gaffe at the end was a brilliant play call/design by Celina, and you could tell the corner thought he had safety help over top. But the slot receiver beat his man and was set to split those safeties, which caused the safety over Kaleb Hill to pause just long enough for that 70-yarder to develop. Hill, who has good speed in his own right, just outran everyone after that.

Anna out-gained the Bobcats by over 100 yards, offensively, and had a half-dozen more first downs. But Celina's defense stood tall, made some adjustments in the second half and help the Coyotes to just 7 points across the final two quarters, which allowed the Celina offense to get cranking and wear down that Anna front seven.

38 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

you kinda felt like once Celina tied it they'd find a way to win...Celina's a force and their presence just makes Region II an absolute gauntlet...

Felt like an old Celina team. A Bobcat team that just never had any doubt they could climb back in it and win it. This is a talented bunch, and that might be the one missing ingredient coming into this season was belief. As cheesy and existential as that sounds, I think it's a big component.

It's been a minute since Celina won a big-time game like that, especially one where they were the underdogs. Celina has now been tested, come from behind and endured some close games through pre-district. Now the Bobcats know what they're made of, and they know they can win even when things don't go right early on. And you could see it as that Anna game wore on, Bobcats are back to believing they SHOULD win. If you pair that with the hard work and the talent, you get a recipe that matches the Celina teams of old.

Not predicting any state titles, but this team feels very similar to the 2015 group, and maybe even a little like the 2008 team.

14 hours ago, tartar said:

Just stop it with the Argyle talk on some one else’s thread. First of all, no one cares they beat a terrible team that they should have beat senseless. Secondly, it makes you sound like that guy everyone wants to avoid because you just know that no matter what he’s going to shoehorn some story about his kids no one wants to hear no matter what the conversation is. You’re starting to sound like a Carthage fan lol. 

The real question is:  What's your problem, Buddy?  It's certainly not Me and my post.....must be something else.