BOYS REGIONAL TOURNAMENT GAMES

5 minutes ago, thepit73 said:

Anyone know where Chapel Hill vs. Hargrove is or Spring Hill's game please?

Chapel Hill game is Friday 7pm at Wells HS main gym

Spring Hill's is Friday at 6 at Central Heights HS in Nacogdoches 

25 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Congrats to Winny. Good season Sabine. Hard to erase a 12 point first half like that. 

Sabine should have went full court press at the start of Q2.  They apparently live and die by the 3, and it just didn’t work out for them tonight.  But to their credit, they didn’t quit down by 15 and almost pulled off a huge comeback down the stretch.  Congrats Winnsboro on a historic win for the program.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Sabine should have went full court press at the start of Q2.  They apparently live and die by the 3, and it just didn’t work out for them tonight.  But to their credit, they didn’t quit down by 15 and almost pulled off a huge comeback down the stretch.  Congrats Winnsboro on a historic win for the program.

We chose to shoot a lot of 3’s tonight and they weren’t sinking. It was a terrible shooting night. That’s the first time I’ve seen a full court press all season and to be honest it didn’t look great. With the way the refs were letting them play I would have went to it sooner as well and been face guarding them the whole time. Hats off to Winnsboro. They played great. 

#1 for Sabine surpassed 1000 points for his career as a junior a few weeks ago. The kid can shoot. Tonight was not his night. 

Edited by Bclove05
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

We chose to shoot a lot of 3’s tonight and they weren’t sinking. It was a terrible shooting night. That’s the first time I’ve seen a full court press all season and to be honest it didn’t look great. With the way the refs were letting them play I would have went to it sooner as well and been face guarding them the whole time. Hats off to Winnsboro. They played great. 

#1 for Sabine surpassed 1000 points for his career as a junior a few weeks ago. The kid can shoot. Tonight was not his night. 

At times it was more full court man than a full court press.  Whatever it was it caused some turnovers in Q4 when the Cards needed them.  Especially when Winnsboro went into clock eating stall mode.  #1 has a smooth shot for sure.  Sometimes when they just aren’t falling from downtown you have to drive the lane and shoot a higher percentage shot or take the free throws.  Sabine just didn’t do that enough tonight IMO.

1 minute ago, PantherNation2015 said:

At times it was more full court man than a full court press.  Whatever it was it caused some turnovers in Q4 when the Cards needed them.  Especially when Winnsboro went into clock eating stall mode.  #1 has a smooth shot for sure.  Sometimes when they just aren’t falling from downtown you have to drive the lane and shoot a higher percentage shot or take the free throws.  Sabine just didn’t do that enough tonight IMO.

I agree. I thought when we cut it to 4 we were going to pull it out. Winnsboro kept their composure and pulled it out though. 

11 hours ago, chevyman said:

See yall Tuesday 

Thanks for the vote of confidence!!! LOLOL!!! Just kiddin, I fully expect the same outcome, but I'm pretty sure Sabine was expecting to be playing on Tuesday too!!! Redwater has some talent but they are very young and it shows at times.

2 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Thanks for the vote of confidence!!! LOLOL!!! Just kiddin, I fully expect the same outcome, but I'm pretty sure Sabine was expecting to be playing on Tuesday too!!! Redwater has some talent but they are very young and it shows at times.

Unless Redwater has some good ball handlers Tatum’s full court press will be too much for them. 

12 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Unless Redwater has some good ball handlers Tatum’s full court press will be too much for them. 

Yes, that will be our downfall. We do have several that can, and should break any press but we don't have a clue how to do it. This is the coaches first year to coach...at any level...I'll just leave it at that. 

• RETIREDFAN1 changed the title to BOYS REGIONAL TOURNAMENT GAMES