Kids should be able to attend any school they like for sports purposes as long as they move to the district.

ctown81

1 minute ago, JBizzle said:

People getting a little heated around this topic...

I’m enjoying it. 

We got one guy talking about squirrel hunting with a Rambo starter kit. 

We got another guy talking about a team losing tomorrow. 

It’s awesome. 

• LOL! 7

The best drummer in one town can move to another town that has one of the best bands in the state and they compete, but they do not have to prove why they moved. Same with all other extracurricular activities outside of sports. Sports is the only one that can be taken before a committee....of COMPETING coaches to decide if they are "legal"

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Not an expert, but your ignorance in your comparison made me believe you prolly didn’t know.  

12 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Not an expert, but your ignorance in your comparison made me believe you prolly didn’t know.  

It wasn't me who first used that analogy; That's a liberal chant anytime anyone from the left talks about gun control; as If that's the only reason anyone would "NEED" a gun.... But you knew that🙄

3 minutes ago, TxBroadcaster said:

The best drummer in one town can move to another town that has one of the best bands in the state and they compete, but they do not have to prove why they moved. Same with all other extracurricular activities outside of sports. Sports is the only one that can be taken before a committee....of COMPETING coaches to decide if they are "legal"

Thank you.

15 minutes ago, TxBroadcaster said:

irrelevant....all the OTHER activities are academically related, which is WHY schools exist to begin with........

13 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Yes, I was just asking about band.  It’s been a while since I was in school

Same here lol...when I was in school you had a couple of elective classes...you got to take up to so many classes in that elective to count. BUT..you also still had students in the elective that had either used up all they could to count towards graduation or needed other classes. So they missed the in school class and just came after school.

in Texas you compete in sports..band..forensics..drama..math club..among MANY other...but again only sports has transfer rules.