Your teams biggest rival

franksnbeans

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Rusk and Arp

This game over the last 3 or 4 years has become a pretty good rival but nothing like Arp vs Troup. Their is never going to be a sub for that one. But for this year I think you are right, both are very close in the youth community sports and high school.

I'll agree with you; Marshall is close, but I definately see more hype with Lufkin!

JD

I know media makes it seem as though it is Marshall, especially with the brawl in week 0.

But I beg to differ everytime someone says that. The Lufkin series only has a difference of 1 game(in Lufkin's favor). Crowds are more Larger in this game, and its also battle of the bands between two great Military band programs with identical size. Battle of two superb Fan bases are usually on hand as well.

Just isn't a better feeling...

if you ask the older guys in brownsboro they will all say van in the battle of the kickapoo is the biggest game of the year.. and its still a rivalry but not the biggest anymore.. now i can say without a doubt the bears love to hate the athens hornets.. in the past 5 years the games have been great and 3 out of the last 4 have either been for a playoff spot or for a share of the district title and there is plenty of trash talking to go around in every sport for both schools lol.. so i definitely gotta say brownsboro and athens is it right now..

I am from the old school and agree Van WAS B'boro's biggest rival forever. But Van and B'boro quit playing each other over last few years, for whatever reasoning.... I noticed a couple weeks ago when they played which was another nailbiter and noticed the game didn't have the same intense feeling as it did in the past. So I would agree that the Athens - B'boro game has become more of a rivalary. I will say when BB played Athens even in the 80's we respected them but didn't like them!!

Sulphur springs/mount pleasant used to be a pretty good one, but has really been down for several years now compared to what it used to be. Sulphur springs/whitehouse seems to be a started rivalry that gets better and better every year. At the rate its been going, could turn out to be one of the hottest ones in east texas.