Gladewater @ Gilmer

Gwbears24

Gladewater vs Gilmer  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got ?

Buckeye defense played the Bears tough. I had no doubt the Bears would rack up some yards on the ground, but I expected them to have at least 2 or 3 more long TD runs like the Bear QB had in the 1st quarter. Gilmer did a great job of making the Bears pound it out, especially in the second half. After 7 TD's in the first half, the game really settled down. The Bears pounding the ball 3 or 4 yards at a time and the Buckeye D making them pay for every yard.

When we did stop the Bears, the Bear D was ready and made some fine plays to get several interceptions that kept the game exciting and everyone in the stadium on edge. That was the best crowd and atmosphere we have had in Gilmer in 3 or 4 years.

It was great to see Lawhorn back in uniform and on the field. Anybody heard how the Mize kid is doing. His knee got twisted up pretty bad on the play where he got hurt.

If they got stopped then they didn't do it well enough then did they. Not discrediting anyone.

Silly man,,,, Gilmer did a dadgum good job stopping Gladewater. When an offense doesn't go down and score, that sometimes means your best wasn't good enough, not that you didn't do your best. It's called perspective. You know, you've made it perfectly clear over the years that you don't like Gilmer,, and that's fine with us, we don't need your approval,,, or respect.

• Like 1

Gilmer's defense played as I expected, better than people were saying.... Gladewater ran almost twice as many plays as Gilmer, gained more yards, and won the turnover battle by 3 and STILL lost the game.... That's what happens when you give up multiple big plays in the first half and you dont finish drives in the second half.... would GW benefit with a better passing game? yeah maybe they would but they are who they are.... Our QB can throw to an open receiver, in traffic though may be a different story.... GW averaged over 5 yards a carry so its not like we NEEDED to pass the ball.... (that means a first down every two carries for those a little slow in the math dept).... Anyways, Gladewater not converting the first down at their own 47 on 4th and two early in the 4th was ultimately the deciding play in the game, would we of punted if our punter didnt get hurt in the aforementioned roughing the kicker that was called running into the kicker? I think we would have, we have multiple times this year. But Berry may of gone for it either way.... Regardless Gilmer scored a TD two plays later that turned out to be the game winning score.... 35-28. GW defense proved again how good they can be in the second half, why they let Morton behind them in the first half so much, I dont know but they did. Also props to Red Jones for Gilmer, he was the X-factor for them Friday night IMO... Congrats gilmer, I'm not ashamed of my Bears, as i said before this season is far from over -- here's to hoping we get another shot at sleighing the dragon in the playoffs....

• Like 1

I haven't seen the stats, did someone post them?

Here you go

Plays- Bears 81 Gilmer 46

First Downs- Bears 18 Gilmer 12

Rushing-Bears 68 carries for 315 yrds (3 TD) Gilmer 17 carries for 59 yrds (TD)

Passing-Bears 4 of 10 for 61 yrds (1 TD,1 intercetion) Gilmer 16 of 24 for 288 yrds (4 TD, 3 int.)

Total Yards- Bears 376 Gilmer 347

Fumbles-Bears 3 times lost 0 Gilmer 1 time lost 1

Punts- Bears 2 for 36.5 avg. Gilmer 3 for 30 avg.

Penalties- Bears 6 for 55 yrds Gilmer 6 for 72 yrds

Individual Stats

Gilmer

Passing- Poppy Brown 15 of 23 for 256 yrds (3 TDs, 3int)

Brett Rice 1 of 1 for 32 yrds (TD)

Receiving-Red Jones 5 for 84 yrds (TD)

Qua Heath 3 for 27 yrds

LaMarcus Morton 4 for 112 yrds (2 TDs)

Desmond Jones 2 for 30 yrds

Kameryn Cuevas 2 for 35 yrds (TD)

Rushing-Poppy Brown 4 for -2 yrds (TD)

Kameryn Cuevas 3 for 9 yrds

Red Jones 2 for 30 yrds

Kelton Collier 4 for 7 yrds

Desmond Jones 2 for 0 yrds

Rashaad Ward 1 for 9

Kickoff Return-LaMarcus Morton 1 for 39 yrds

Interception Return-Kollin Hurt 1 for 9 yrds

Only 1 int

No fumble, it was actually a turnover on downs.

Individual Stats

Gladewater

Rushing-Isaiah Davis 26 carries for 95 yrds (TD)

Cameron Callaway Jr. 15 carries for 108 yrds (2 TDs)

Rashaud Johnson 1 carry for 5 yrds

Darnell McKnight 24 carries for 114 yrds

Tyler Glenn 1 for -7 yrds

Passing-Cameron Callaway Jr. 4 of 10 for 61 yrds (TD, Intercep)

Receiving-Tyler Glenn 1 for 45 yrds (TD)

Austin Hawley 2 for 13 yrds

Daniel Robertson 1 for 3 yrds

Kickoff Returns-Cameron Callaway Jr. 6 for 49 Yrds

Fumble Recovery-Clint Starling

Interception Returns-DeQuanca Bowens

Bryston Oliver 2 for 39 yrds

Bottom line: Gilmer +7 points at the end of the game. Moral of the story: It don't matter how you get there as long as you get there.

No hidden message. I was asked for stats so I posted them, but if you just have the need for the last word, go for it.