Essary leaving Athens

Sandman

Generically speaking, most coordinators from the Metroplex that come east don't stay long.

After being able to put Head Coach/Athletic Director on their resume, most jump on the train back to D-FW when an available HC opening is posted.

There are a few exceptions, but most ride it out for two to three years before the itch of the big city draws them back like a moth to a flame.

Can't blame them much though ... money and neon talks.  ET schools just need to realize that their hiring is normally a short-term venture.

2 hours ago, DOB said:

Generically speaking, most coordinators from the Metroplex that come east don't stay long.

After being able to put Head Coach/Athletic Director on their resume, most jump on the train back to D-FW when an available HC opening is posted.

There are a few exceptions, but most ride it out for two to three years before the itch of the big city draws them back like a moth to a flame.

Can't blame them much though ... money and neon talks.  ET schools just need to realize that their hiring is normally a short-term venture.

It will be his 7th or 8th job in his 15 year career. Maybe he will settle in and make Athens his "destination job".

He does come from a great football family. His dad and brothers all coach and have had success.

2 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Good hire. And I dont think he will bounce back to the metroplex.  He was in Van for several years. 

I don't think he is a metroplex guy at heart. However he does move around a lot. Averages about 2 years per school over his 15 year career. Like I said in a previous post, maybe Athens can be his destination school and he will stay and build something now that he is the HC. He has some good young talent if JV and Freshman records mean anything.

I was told that he is bringing his brother with him to be his OC. I'm assuming Sealy will be looking for an OC instead of UNT.

5 minutes ago, TexWes said:

I don't think he is a metroplex guy at heart. However he does move around a lot. Averages about 2 years per school over his 15 year career. Like I said in a previous post, maybe Athens can be his destination school and he will stay and build something now that he is the HC. He has some good young talent if JV and Freshman records mean anything.

I was told that he is bringing his brother with him to be his OC. I'm assuming Sealy will be looking for an OC instead of UNT.

Lol, safe bet on which brother. That would be a good hire. Sealy was pretty good this year I think.