Per Matt Stepp, Bobby Reyes has resigned in Nacogdoches...

Smoaky

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I tried to tell them that it wasn't a guarantee that the staff stays together after Mathis leaves.  In many cases, the opposite occurs. But I still think Marshall will be ok.  Hopefully Nac finds the right guy too. 

Looks like we will only lose maybe 2 coaches.

That’s incredibly low tbh. 

The Permian candidate was a surprise to me as well, I knew about the other two early on. Permian is definitely a complete opposite of our current state of affairs, both geographically and football wise.

My 2 cents with the candidates without knowing anything from the interviews, is Quinlan would probably be a longer term solution. I see the other two as short term, if they win they will head back towards the Metroplex quickly.

I am also wondering what it says that Baby Reyes was not even a finalist, I wonder where he goes and how quickly. I heard he was attempting to get on in Lufkin.

Here is A little info on Darren Allman-Coached at Permian from 2004-2008, comprised a record of 42-17 in his 5 seasons. 

2004- 4-6,  2005-5-5, 2006-9-4

2007-12-1-Only loss was to eventual State Champion Trinity 38-14

2008-12-1-Only loss was to eventual State Champion Allen 28-22

Left in 2009 and went to Austin Westlake from 2009-2015 where he was the HC/AD-Record of 45-21-2 State Title appearances

2015-Went to Colleyville Heritage as AD/HC-went 5-6 Losing to eventual State Champion Cedar Hill.

2016-2018-Went to South Lake Carroll and was AD only-Ran into a power struggle with the HC-and was reassigned ad coach was dismissed.

A possible Coach/AD coming from the who's who of TX HS FB to Nac is a little shocking!!! Seems to be a home run for a program short on success.

Allman.jpe

• Like 1

I don’t get it. Allman and Nac.....is he from east Texas, kids going to sfa? or has he lost it upstairs? They do have talent. No doubt. But going to roaches after coaching at Westlake, Permian and being the AD at SLC. Unless I’m missing something, i don’t get it with that resume. 

7 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Climate wise yes. 

Permain is better on just about every other matrix. 

No community support.  No winning tradition. No expectations. Facility lag. Did I mention no community support?  

Night and day from Permian. 

That’s what i don’t get. The other places had community support, $$$, tradition, very high expectations and good or great facilities. Nac has....good talent i guess. There has to be another reason he’s coming to east Texas. 

22 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

That’s what i don’t get. The other places had community support, $$$, tradition, very high expectations and good or great facilities. Nac has....good talent i guess. There has to be another reason he’s coming to east Texas. 

Every bit of that was my first thought!! Maybe it is as simple as he wants a low pressure place to get back to coaching!! Kind of a semi retirement!! Let’s not forget our new super came from Katy and has athletic success and knows the importance....not discounting the other candidates but there is a HUgE difference in qualifications!! 

7 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Marshall hired their OC to be HC. 

The Nac candidate is an OL coach. A very good one. 

He was the Run Game Coordinator at Marshall and Offensive Line Coach, he was the OC in NAC two years ago when NAC had the most dynamic running game in the District and he was OC at Tyler Lee.  Widely regarded as a great Offensive mind, great Offensive Line Coach and definitely a Head Coach very soon.

14 hours ago, bignasty said:

Playactionpass. Sure has been quiet on here.   Must be a finalist listed by Smoaky.   

Some of us work for a living.

I'm definitely not a finalist for this job.

But, IMHO, Quinlan is by far the best choice for the NAC job. He is a long-term solution and is a great Coach and leader of men.

23 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Every bit of that was my first thought!! Maybe it is as simple as he wants a low pressure place to get back to coaching!! Kind of a semi retirement!! Let’s not forget our new super came from Katy and has athletic success and knows the importance....not discounting the other candidates but there is a HUgE difference in qualifications!! 

Maybe Allman knows the Supt?? Just a hunch. 

9 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Maybe Allman knows the Supt?? Just a hunch. 

He may, but Allman has already said he will NOT move his family to NAC.

This is NOT what NAC needs. The kids and community deserve better than someone using them. Allman obviously got passed over for the big Metroplex jobs and is using NAC to get back into the mix. Don't be used by a Metroplex guy NAC!!

27 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

he was the OC in NAC two years ago when NAC had the most dynamic running game in the District 

I must have missed that dynamic running game!!! I remember him being here and I remember the HC calling the plays.Very conservative offensive game plans that year, that years team is widely regarded here as a wasted team. Josh Thompsons senior year, 3 D1 players on defense that year and went 4-6

Quinlan was not treated right and wasted here that year, and he very well maybe the right person for the job. I am tired of Nac being the worst high school football town in East Texas!!

I just want the right choice to be made!!! We have a very talented team coming back, facilities are being improved, bond was just passed and will redo the press box and gym. 

17 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Don't be used by a Metroplex guy NAC!!

Learn from your district rival’s mistakes. 

If the guy can’t commit his family to your community.... then move along. 

ESP if he has a history of being...... ahem... difficult.  

17 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Learn from your district rival’s mistakes. 

If the guy can’t commit his family to your community.... then move along. 

ESP if he has a history of being...... ahem... difficult.  

Amen Mavchamp, just tired of East Texas schools allowing themselves to be used as stepping stones or rehab choices for Metroplex guys.

28 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

I must have missed that dynamic running game!!! I remember him being here and I remember the HC calling the plays.Very conservative offensive game plans that year, that years team is widely regarded here as a wasted team. Josh Thompsons senior year, 3 D1 players on defense that year and went 4-6

Quinlan was not treated right and wasted here that year, and he very well maybe the right person for the job. I am tired of Nac being the worst high school football town in East Texas!!

I just want the right choice to be made!!! We have a very talented team coming back, facilities are being improved, bond was just passed and will redo the press box and gym. 

I think you must have missed it, NAC had a 1,500+ rusher that season and almost 2,000 yards rushing on the season. With a QB that was scared to run the ball, could have and should have been a bunch more. All of that with a predictable play caller as head coach.

39 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

I think you must have missed it, NAC had a 1,500+ rusher that season and almost 2,000 yards rushing on the season. With a QB that was scared to run the ball, could have and should have been a bunch more. All of that with a predictable play caller as head coach.

My definition and your definition of dynamic are different. I agree qb was afraid to run the ball, but our running game was a grind it out running game. I see dynamic as home run threat type speed score from anywhere on the field. Tolbert was a decent back and ran the ball a lot!! I wouldn’t have classified him as a dynamic back. Keonte Engram is a dynamic back. 

8 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

My definition and your definition of dynamic are different. I agree qb was afraid to run the ball, but our running game was a grind it out running game. I see dynamic as home run threat type speed score from anywhere on the field. Tolbert was a decent back and ran the ball a lot!! I wouldn’t have classified him as a dynamic back. Keonte Engram is a dynamic back. 

Ok, VERY productive, especially under the circumstances. And it wasn't productive because of the back or the play calling. It was because of the Offenseive Line. Should have been a 7 win team easily. 

5 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

What is Alman doing since getting let go at Southlake?

Dodge replaced him at Westlake, when Allman went to Colleyvile Heritage.  SLC was after CH. The article I read was may of 2018, leading me to believe he was still wokring at SLC just in a different role.

50 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

If they bring another title here, heck use me. Don’t care. 

Same here, at this point I would take a 10-2 record and 2-3 rounds deep. I will gladly be a stepping stone for 5 years worth of good teams, title or not.