Week 1: Atlanta @ Gilmer - 8/30

H3llR4z0r

Atlanta vs Gilmer @ Jeff Traylor Stadium - 8/30  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?? (Atlanta is the correct answer ;))

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/31/2019 at 12:30 AM

I know a thread was already started, but nobody can even post on it. So, let's get this ball rolling.

As y'all know, this year, like every year prior, will be the year Atlanta ends the losing streak to Gilmer. 14 games in a row I believe Atlanta has lost to Gilmer? Longest streak in the series between the 2 by either team. Atlanta is replacing about 40%-50% of their starters from last year, including QB/RB. Atlanta seems to still have a stable of backs however. QB will be the real test. Defense looked good in the scrimmage, but the opponent doesn't really paint a good picture for us. We'll have to see what happens this Friday.

Let's get ready for some football!!!

• Like 1

Man I'm sure it will be a close game as usual, but im afraid them Rabbits gonna come up a little short. First Home game of the season and the Buckeyes have something to prove right now. Seems like they have a little more drive this year as well. Still got a few things to iron out till then, but they will be ready. I'm so ready to get this season started.

9 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I honestly don’t think this will be close this yr I’m expecting at least a 21 point win 

Lol I honestly didn't feel like it was close last year. I feel like our offense isn't quite what it was, but I feel our defense will be better. Really anxious for Friday. 

3 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Lol I honestly didn't feel like it was close last year. I feel like our offense isn't quite what it was, but I feel our defense will be better. Really anxious for Friday. 

Yea you will see how much bigger and faster our defense is this yr but hope everyone stays healthy before the game gets here

11 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Gilmer pulls away in the second half..

You know Gilmers a second half team lol..(Most of the time) I would love to put a gap in the score, but Atlanta is usually a tough opponent. I'm sure Gilmer will be Gilmer and everything is possible. 

17 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

You know Gilmers a second half team lol..(Most of the time) I would love to put a gap in the score, but Atlanta is usually a tough opponent. I'm sure Gilmer will be Gilmer and everything is possible. 

I know they usually match Gilmer talent for talent but depth will come into play.

16 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I feel like our defense will be better this year.  It was hard to tell against North Lamar but I hope Mt Pleasant will tell us a little more.  I'm ready for next Friday!!

10 hours ago, IronWall9 said:

I feel like our defense will be better this year.  It was hard to tell against North Lamar but I hope Mt Pleasant will tell us a little more.  I'm ready for next Friday!!

We should definitely be able to tell more against MP. Defense did look good, but I'm in the same boat as you. NL is NL. But, we did look better than last year. Last year the live Qtr was 21-14, and we had a rough time stopping them. Them linebackers were poppin' em Friday tho.

I'm ready for this and next Friday lol. Any football is better than none at all 😂.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

We should definitely be able to tell more against MP. Defense did look good, but I'm in the same boat as you. NL is NL. But, we did look better than last year. Last year the live Qtr was 21-14, and we had a rough time stopping them. Them linebackers were poppin' em Friday tho.

I'm ready for this and next Friday lol. Any football is better than none at all 😂.

I was impressed with the linebacker play we had.  The Shelton kid will be a good addition I think.  He seems to have a nose for the football.

21 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Give me Atlanta 28-27 with the buckeyes missing the winning field goal as time expires 

Ouch that one hurts. Brings back memories from a certain game lol. It was a battle though down to the last play.

33 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

We are playing in Henderson tonight. Wish it would cool off a little lol.

According to the weather I’ve been looking at, it’s supposed to be getting pretty nice here pretty quick. High for next Friday is below 90 and Saturday morning’s low supposed to be flirting with the 50s. 

3 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

According to the weather I’ve been looking at, it’s supposed to be getting pretty nice here pretty quick. High for next Friday is below 90 and Saturday morning’s low supposed to be flirting with the 50s. 

77004D38-61DE-4FD6-9621-BD853F9DDC74.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Hey man. What weather you been watching. I wanna get my hopes up too

7 hours ago, IronWall9 said:

I was impressed with the linebacker play we had.  The Shelton kid will be a good addition I think.  He seems to have a nose for the football.

I agree. Samples looks hungry. That LB tried to square up with him on the second play and Connor was having none of that 😂

I will go with Gilmer.  home game, a little more experienced team than last year. And perhaps a little more intensity.  Gilmer couldn't stop the Atlanta QB last year, so I'm glad to hear he graduated. I'm hoping Gilmer can start executing better.  If the clean up their mistakes I think they could be pretty good this year.  They better be in that district.