Plugs not "worried at all" about pushing corporations out of America with higher taxes

Sportsfanatic1

• Sportsfanatic1 changed the title to Plugs not "worried at all" about pushing corporations out of America with higher taxes
28 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

If corporations run to overseas countries to avoid taxes.  Maybe Conservatives and Libs can work together and boycott that company's products.  

Or yet our politicians can quit the spending spree on waste that drives the need to raise taxes, force companies overseas putting Americans out of work.  Boycotts don’t work.  You boycott a company that left America to buy stuff that was made in China.  Pointless 

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Or yet our politicians can quit the spending spree on waste that drives the need to raise taxes, force companies overseas putting Americans out of work.  Boycotts don’t work.  You boycott a company that left America to buy stuff that was made in China.  Pointless 

The only thing saving us is that the US Dollar is the world business currency.  So countries are buying the US Dollar.  If Crypto currency takes over, we are screwed.  

21 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

In a year where 55% of major corporations paid ZIP corporate tax, why isn't there ever an an annoyance with them FIRST regarding taxation and their supposed 'burden'? 

Pretty evident that Congress needs to close the loopholes.  Something liberals & conservatives can agree on.  Make them pay a fair share.  How can Amazon make billions & not pay taxes?  Something is fubar’ed up.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Pretty evident that Congress needs to close the loopholes.  Something liberals & conservatives can agree on.  Make them pay a fair share.  How can Amazon make billions & not pay taxes?  Something is fubar’ed up.

Amazon has already shown they’ve paid in millions in taxes.  They paid 

https://www.inc.com/minda-zetlin/amazon-1-billion-federal-income-tax-payments-deferred.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2020/2/4/21120123/amazon-federal-income-tax-bill-profits-sec-filing-2019

they have deferred payments due to laws in place about investing in their company.  They’re still getting to defer to payment due to years of not profiting.

2 hours ago, JETT said:

So now yall care about ppl paying taxes? O the irony 

Lmbo, Jett, are you applying for Defense Attorney for the Dems?   Before you do, let me school ya.  A Corporation is not people, but still, everyone should pay fairly.  I pay taxes, so yes, I’ve always cared about everyone paying taxes.  Ain’t no irony there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hagar said:

Lmbo, Jett, are you applying for Defense Attorney for the Dems?   Before you do, let me school ya.  A Corporation is not people, but still, everyone should pay fairly.  I pay taxes, so yes, I’ve always cared about everyone paying taxes.  Ain’t no irony there.

The republicans here do care about people paying taxes.  That’s one reason they/we are against illegal immigration.  Illegals come here, get all sorts of entitlements, don’t pay taxes, many that do use fake social security numbers or multiple use the same stolen ssn.  Yes, we do care that people and corporations pay taxes.  We just care about fair taxes and appropriate representation.  Kinda like before the revolutionary war.  The people got tired of unfair taxes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

We all do, and pay taxes to the government out of our annual earnings while illegals pay zero federal taxes out of their annual earnings.

This has been a issue for how long now? Seems there needs to be another approach or it's a never ending problem JS common sense 

I’d be in support of a flat tax across the board for everyone.

You make $35,000 per year you pay 5% of that total as federal tax.

You make $3,500,000 per year you 5% of that total as federal tax.

Completely close the border so no one gets in without going through the legal processes.

Those here illegally can stay, but never get to vote in any election and immediately begin paying taxes on their annual wages.

Boom, done.