WEEK 4: Mount Vernon @ Sabine

MVFAN1

4 minutes ago, MVFAN1 said:

Does Sabine run a spread offense? I'm interested to see how our defense does against a spread. Everyone we've played so far has ran a run based offense.

Yes we do. QB is a 6’ 5” junior that throws and runs well. We will rotate 2 running backs. They won’t blow away with speed but they both run hard. Biggest thing this year is all the receivers are catching the ball. Defense has struggled with the run big time, especially outside the box. We haven’t faced a spread team yet so I’m interested to see how that goes. 

17 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Yes we do. QB is a 6’ 5” junior that throws and runs well. We will rotate 2 running backs. They won’t blow away with speed but they both run hard. Biggest thing this year is all the receivers are catching the ball. Defense has struggled with the run big time, especially outside the box. We haven’t faced a spread team yet so I’m interested to see how that goes. 

Be good for both of us then. We have 2 soph QB's and both play. Both throw well. We haven't ran either one much so far so can't really comment on that aspect.  Have two backs that rotate as well. Both fairly small but quick, fast and run hard. One being a soph.  We've also been without one of our starting receivers that past two weeks, but I think he may be back this next week. Hoping for a good game.

8 minutes ago, MVFAN1 said:

Be good for both of us then. We have 2 soph QB's and both play. Both throw well. We haven't ran either one much so far so can't really comment on that aspect.  Have two backs that rotate as well. Both fairly small but quick, fast and run hard. One being a soph.  We've also been without one of our starting receivers that past two weeks, but I think he may be back this next week. Hoping for a good game.

We’re out WR1 until district. He broke his hand against SH. May be out a couple others as well. 

3 minutes ago, Cardgrad04 said:

Also I hope Mt Vernon doesn’t feel disrespected that this is Sabines homecoming we only have 4 home games this year so not a lot of choices!! 

This woulda been the better comment to get it off page 3.....js

14 minutes ago, Cardgrad04 said:

Also I hope Mt Vernon doesn’t feel disrespected that this is Sabines homecoming we only have 4 home games this year so not a lot of choices!! 

We gonna bring it on strong now!!  No holding back. 🤣🤣

Just some irrelevant numbers so I can make an irrelevant prediction. 

Sabine beat SH by 36

SH Beat GW by 14

MV beat GW by 16

MV beat Pewitt by 18

Waskom beat Pewitt by 20

Sabine beat Waskom by 10

I crunched some numbers and came up with Sabine by 23😳. There's a reason I'm in the oilfield....my maff skills be lacking. Surely that won't be close lol 

40 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Sabine beat SH by 36

SH Beat GW by 14

MV beat GW by 16

MV beat Pewitt by 18

Waskom beat Pewitt by 20

Sabine beat Waskom by 10

I crunched some numbers and came up with Sabine by 23😳. There's a reason I'm in the oilfield....my maff skills be lacking. Surely that won't be close lol 

I’m good at math and don’t know how you came up with 23 

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

Sabine beat SH by 36

SH Beat GW by 14

MV beat GW by 16

MV beat Pewitt by 18

Waskom beat Pewitt by 20

Sabine beat Waskom by 10

Before the lightning delay it was MV 36-0 over Pewitt. 3 fourth quarter touchdowns on the 2’s made the score a lot closer than what it was. 
It’s safe to say we aren’t very deep this year. 
That said, I’m expecting a good game. Hoping MV ruins homecoming 

• Like 1