WEEK 8: Texas High (6-0) (2-0) Vs. Marshall (3-4) (2-1)

Mavchamp

Texas High Vs. Marshall  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Texas High in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Texas High in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

My guess is that the stadium is a massive construction site right now.  Both home and visitors sides and both main entrances are all under construction.

KMHT DIRECT LIVE LINK:
https://c.streamhoster.com/embed/media/WasBNW/OkdiSASLs2B/r/kmht

KMHT FACEBOOK WILL HAVE LIVE LINK TOO:
https://www.facebook.com/kmhtradio

41 minutes ago, OnTheClock said:

Facts! Whitehouse wins this one with their second team offense. It's entertaining so I read thread but why do that to yourself?

I’ve seen this program win a lot of games through the years we had no business winning.   You just never know. 

But tbh……bottom line for me…. (10-0) or (0-10)…. I’m a fan. 🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼

• Like 1

Very surprised so far at how both teams are not very good 

people will say that just a tough defensive game 

nah. Both teams have played bad, missed open receivers everywhere. Terrible blocking 

TH scores on blocked fg (shouldn’t have tried a 52 yd fg at that pt in the game) and on a trick play. 

Marshall scores on several missed tackles on the 67 yd run by Smith. 

also surprised that Marshall looks much more impressive in size and athleticism. 

no idea how TH is ranked 5th other than just respect from over the years and schedule (I need to look at it)

We will see how the second half goes, Maybe a few of these bad plays will bounce the Mavericks way

14-7 halftime Tigers

2 hours ago, OnTheClock said:

Facts! Whitehouse wins this one with their second team offense. It's entertaining so I read thread but why do that to yourself?

30-7 WH @ Half with 2nd string QB starting. 

Edited by oldknees

23-7 Tigers.  

defense has not played terrible, but TH has missed some wide open receivers and have had a few wrong assignment runs by their RB that has disguised how effective the defense really was. 

I honestly thought this would not be a good nite for Marshall, but As I posted above, TH is not going far in the playoffs if they play like this. 
very surprised at the lack of physicality by TH. Going back to my days playing them in the mid 80’s in old District 13-AAAAA you could always count on a physical hard fought game with them.  

not saying Marshall has out physicalled them tonight, just it hasnt been a physical game. 

Maybe can finish up 3-3 in Dist and 4-6
looks like maybe 

marshall and mt pleasant for 3rd and 4th. 

pine tree could be playing mt pleasant for the final spot on the last week if they beat Hallsville next week 

anyway. Marshall has left itself a mess 

Edited by mavfanpanamacity

One win in the final 2 games will probably get us in.   

But based on our offensive struggles I don't see us beating either right now. 

And if we do….. Melissa will body slam us in the first round. 

Well is very obvious this years Maverick team is advancing in the wrong direction under this absolutely terrible coaching staff. Very one dimensional. Run, run, and run some more then every pass overthrow. I don’t blame the coaches for stopping the short passes, they were working. Better idea throw deep and over throw everyone. What has happened the last two games. Have we gone into daddy ball mode. What ever is happening must go. This coaching staff hasn’t got a clue how to win a game with this team. Good luck with Nacogdoches and Whitehouse I bet they got this coaching staffs number.

for Texas High Johnston #4 at RB didn’t play he has over 800 yards rushing. #1 Gray only played the 2nd half , he did end up with 70 yards receiving and a TD. Not sure about  #13 Hall at wr either but he didn’t play they’ll need him going forward, offense looked off most of the night. Outside of maybe 3/4 plays defense played good.  

Edited by RogerDorn
  • Like 1