(5-1, 2-1) Cushing vs. (5-2, 4-0) Tenaha @ The Pit

HulaKat

Been a while since the Bearkats played at “The Pit”.  This will be a tall task in slowing down the Tigers.  Look for a competitive game in contrast the last two games which have a running clocks in the second half.

Tenaha will have the speed advantage but look forward to this one.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

Been a while since the Bearkats played at “The Pit”.  This will be a tall task in slowing down the Tigers.  Look for a competitive game in contrast the last two games which have a running clocks in the second half.

Tenaha will have the speed advantage but look forward to this one.

Is Cushing as good as their record or did they have easy schedule? Either way I'm picking the Tigers. 

Schedule has been easy, except for West Sabine which 29-14 WS was the outcome.  Cushing’s defense has given up a total of 432 yds in six games including West Sabine.  Gave up 25 last night, 0 yds to ME, 4 yds to Burkeville, Deweyville 46, etc....  Turnover battle will be a big deal in this one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HulaKat said:

Schedule has been easy, except for West Sabine which 29-14 WS was the outcome.  Cushing’s defense has given up a total of 432 yds in six games including West Sabine.  Gave up 25 last night, 0 yds to ME, 4 yds to Burkeville, Deweyville 46, etc....  Turnover battle will be a big deal in this one.

They might double that yardage allowed this week. Big step up in competition. 

Just now, trueblue82 said:

They might double that yardage allowed this week. Big step up in competition. 

Yes, next two out the games will be the toughest games of the year as far a competition.  Let’s see if they can control the ball like they’ve been doing.

3 hours ago, HulaKat said:

The loss against West Sabine was without 3 two-way starters... two for Covid reasons and 1 because the district transfer waiver was held until the last min. by a certain team.

All that doesn’t matter at this point.  The game will be played (hopefully) and we’ll see what transpires.

Tigers are a lot better than their 5-2 record indicates. They could easily be 7-0, but turnovers directly cost them 2 games. Tiger's have some big fast running backs, a good QB with a big arm and wideouts who can go get it.  No one has come close to stopping their offense. Tenaha wins going away.

4 hours ago, Unashamed said:

This is a Saturday game. 

Homecoming for Tenaha. 

This is a Saturday game. 

Homecoming for Tenaha. 

May be Homecoming for Tenaha, but not a Saturday game, on our Schedule 7pm Friday 23rd October .

57 minutes ago, Unashamed said:

Sadly we are still doing the things that lost us those 2 games.   Penalties and turnovers.   I bet we average over 1 personal foul type penalty a game.  Had 4 turnovers versus west sabine. 

Great potential.   Great athleticism.   But here we are in week 9 still doing exactly what has cost us 2 games since week 1.  

I'm sure the coaches are concerned but this is 100 percent on the players.  And I am not trashing our players BUT.....IT IS TIME TO GROW UP.  

We got a kid that's a freshman that has displayed more maturity than some of our juniors and seniors.   Concerning.   And props to that freshman.   

We still have got to figure out who we are and what we can do and do it to the best of our ability. 

"Tenaha football 2020" IS NOT a great team.  They are a good team.  They can be GREAT but the have to practice great.  They have to play great.   And we ARE NOT playing great.  

This ain't on nobody but the players.   It's on them.  They have to be better.  All the old excuses and explanations are played out and no longer apply here.   

You nailed it, I agree whole heartedly.

11 hours ago, Unashamed said:

Sadly we are still doing the things that lost us those 2 games.   Penalties and turnovers.   I bet we average over 1 personal foul type penalty a game.  Had 4 turnovers versus west sabine. 

Great potential.   Great athleticism.   But here we are in week 9 still doing exactly what has cost us 2 games since week 1.  

I'm sure the coaches are concerned but this is 100 percent on the players.  And I am not trashing our players BUT.....IT IS TIME TO GROW UP.  

We got a kid that's a freshman that has displayed more maturity than some of our juniors and seniors.   Concerning.   And props to that freshman.   

We still have got to figure out who we are and what we can do and do it to the best of our ability. 

"Tenaha football 2020" IS NOT a great team.  They are a good team.  They can be GREAT but the have to practice great.  They have to play great.   And we ARE NOT playing great.  

This ain't on nobody but the players.   It's on them.  They have to be better.  All the old excuses and explanations are played out and no longer apply here.   

I agree, as well.  Tenaha has the talent to compete with anyone.  

I listened to the game against 3A Clifton.  Tenaha had that game well in hand until the end of the fist half.... when the turnovers started as well as the personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct calls.

I think Jenkins will have his boys ready.  Cushing would need to generated more offense than they have to have a chance in this one.  With the exception of West Sabine the competition has been so weak Cushing has had superb field position in all 5 of their wins.

WS was almost a 180 from the other 5 teams, although 3 two way starters did not play in that contest.

i think Tenaha will have too much for the Bearkats but I’m ready to be surprised on the offensive side of the ball.

I’m hoping for a good ballgame without injuries and without sportsmanship issues on either side.

The fact this is a game with playoff and district seeding implications, Tenaha’s Homecoming and one of Cushing’s players’ history with leaving Cushing, going to Tenaha last year and then leaving for Nac and back to Cushing will have a lot of emotions up in the air.  Hopefully both coaching staffs put in some time to caution both teams from letting these things affect the game and they just get out there get after it without an ugly turn of events.

• Like 1

I think we gave up over 250 yards rushing to Colmesneil even with them having a few starters out.  

But on the flip side the Tiger offense never had to punt and only faced 2 or 3 third down situations, allowing Colmesneil to easily win the time of possession. They had one huge back who was hard to being down, but zero sign of a passing game.   

18 hours ago, Unashamed said:

No.  I don't want to take a ticket and deprive someone else that may have a family member participating in activities.   

Just talk to Cushing Superintendent and he stated that there is no cap on the game... that they have the hill if the visitor stands fill up🤣

The games in Cushing have had no cap, as well, all year. 

23 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

Just talk to Cushing Superintendent and he stated that there is no cap on the game... that they have the hill if the visitor stands fill up🤣

The games in Cushing have had no cap, as well, all year. 

He was stating was Tenaha’s Supt had told him.