Worst stadium in Texas

Tennyha ... hands down!

This used to be the case, but they've made vast improvements in recent years. I'll continue to rib my buddy allbig8 about the visitors' bleachers (likely to no avail), but the upgrades to the field surface have made it safe to play on. 20 years ago, the safest way for visiting fans to get to the stands was to get in a barrel and roll down the hill. That has been fixed. You don't have to walk to the home side to get to the restroom or concession stand anymore. I don't think The Pit will ever be an enjoyable experience for opponents (and I don't think it should be), but they are working in the right direction.

Until Tennyha upgrades the visitor side .... it's far and away the worst stadium in Texas. I don't care what else they have done, that doesn't let them off the hook. The visitors side is horrendous. If I were opposing schools, I would refuse to play them at their place until they upgrade .... It should be something the UIL looks into in my opinion .... IT'S THAT BAD

Until Tennyha upgrades the visitor side .... it's far and away the worst stadium in Texas. I don't care what else they have done, that doesn't let them off the hook. The visitors side is horrendous. If I were opposing schools, I would refuse to play them at their place until they upgrade .... It should be something the UIL looks into in my opinion .... IT'S THAT BAD

The stadium is horrible. Nice basketball center!

512-471-5883.....

No need for me to call, I'm not a school administrator. With the success of their programs, you would think they would take more pride in their facilities. I have seen some bad visitors sides over the years and no, I haven't been everywhere, but I have never seen anything like this anywhere else in the state.

OAKWOOD PANTHER STADIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!.......players dress in a GRAIN SILO!!!!!......they walk across the DIRT PARKING LOT.....thru a fence made from OLD HIGHWAY WOODEN POSTS WITH A SINGLE CABLE STRUNG.....for crowd control.....home side stands are tall enough for the elementary children to stand behind and jump and touch the TOP Railing!!!!....visitor stands are big enough for about 30 people......PLUS due north of the field....Southern Pacific Railway.....seems that during the National Anthem....the train wants to come thru and "remind" drivers on Hiway 78 that they are going across a crossing!!!!!....PLUS the P.A. system was probably installed in 1865.....Haven't heard a clear voice come out of that system in the 35 years I have been going to that establishment.....BUT they do have pretty good hamburgers at the concession...

It's just a hunch, but I'm guessing that if they had a bunch of $$ laying around for facilities upgrades, they'd probably want to finish their baseball park. Some East Texas ISDs are in better financial shape than others, but I don't think there are many that can jump up and do what they want. I'm sure most Tiger fans would like to put down turf at The Pit, add some state-of-the-art locker rooms, an NFL caliber concession stand, and a scoreboard that dwarfs Carthage's. But right now, school districts are having to focus on staying afloat. I don't blame them for taking care of the home crowd first.

OAKWOOD PANTHER STADIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!.......players dress in a GRAIN SILO!!!!!......they walk across the DIRT PARKING LOT.....thru a fence made from OLD HIGHWAY WOODEN POSTS WITH A SINGLE CABLE STRUNG.....for crowd control.....home side stands are tall enough for the elementary children to stand behind and jump and touch the TOP Railing!!!!....visitor stands are big enough for about 30 people......PLUS due north of the field....Southern Pacific Railway.....seems that during the National Anthem....the train wants to come thru and "remind" drivers on Hiway 78 that they are going across a crossing!!!!!....PLUS the P.A. system was probably installed in 1865.....Haven't heard a clear voice come out of that system in the 35 years I have been going to that establishment.....BUT they do have pretty good hamburgers at the concession...

Sounds like Tennyha's visitors side ... after an upgrade :lol: