Dangerfield @ Gladewater

Gwbears24

since the bucks payed last nite i went down to this game....being neutural i chose the side with the shade,....dangerfield.....i left at half....my causual obersations of this is....gw is good.....df is bad.....now that saying that i got on here to give another observation....sitting on vistor side the gladewater stands were less than half full....you guys will not have a big time program with out local parparticition.....i would be embarasied ......gw support your players :blush: :huh: :(

Jackpot, problem is you are talking to the choir. The people who aren't there aren't on here.

"Should be a good game, if DF can get their passing game going to their big recievers, that may be an issue for the Bears. I do think GW out scores DF though. I'll go with a 50-28 or so score."

Score: 56-20 can't believe I disrespected my bears that way!

Final stats-not official

Bears total yardage-476 (413 on the ground, 63 in the air)

Tigers total yards-226 (160 on ground, 66 passing)

First Downs- Bears 19 Tigers 17

Turnovers- Bears 4 Tigers 3

Punts- Bears 0 Tigers 7 for avg of 32 yards

Penalties- Bears 6 for 75 yards Tigers 9 for 65

Individual Stats- Bears

Justice Centers 7 carries for 51 yrds (2 TDs)

Marcello Jackson 8 carries for 146 yrds (2 TDs)

Isaiah Davis 5 carries for 129 yrds (2 TDs)

Dadrian Strickland 7 carries for 73 yrds (TD), 4 of 8 passing for 63 yrds (TD)

Cameron Callaway 1 carry for 2 yrds, 3 catches for 64 yrds (TD)

Terry Floyd 5 carries for 12 yrds

Darnell McKnight had a fumble recovery as did Shawn Johnson

Marcello Jackson had an interception return for 4 yrds

Darnell McKnight returned 2 kick offs for 27 yrd avg

Caleb Williams returned 3 punts for an 8 yrd avg

Cameron Callaway returned 1 kick for 23 yrds

Tigers individual stats

Deonte Allen 20 carries for 49 yrds (3 TDs), 8 of 17 passing for 66 yrds

#13 who wasn't in program- 12 carries for 46 yrds, 2 kick returns for 14 yrd avg

Kamron Younger 4 carries for 10 yrds, 1 catch for 10 yrds

Tydarius Brannon 5 carries for 38 yrds

Keylon Fomby 2 carries for 10 yrds, 1 catch for 8 yrds, 1 kick off ret for 21 yrds, also had 2 interceptions for 28 yrds

Like Chism 3 catches for 19 yrds

Denzel Mims 2 carries for 7 yrds, 3 catches for 29 yrds, 5 kick off returns avg 21 yrds

Cody Davis had a fumble recovery and Tigers had another fumble recovery that I couldn't get the number.

Congratulations Bears....... Good squad.

Offense is ahead of last year, defense is not as good, but without Mack that was to be expected.... With your coaching staff and players anything less than playing in December would be a disappointment...... Keep working and a title could be on the horizon.

Tigers, I saw a glimpse of what could be, but there is an awful lot to work on starting at the top.... The task at hand is daunting but the playoffs are definitely attainable.....

Congrats bears y'all dominated . Daingerfield is not physical at all . I'm disappointed in every phase of last nights game . The only player I was impressed w was28 he wasn't scared to hit are be hit . The rest of the team didn't want to either that was clear we have to be more physical if we are going to stop anyone.. Good job to GLadewater hope y'all have a great season

After a terrible season and going 1-9 last year I felt like they would have let their head coach go and gotten a new head coach to start things off to go with their new football field! This does not sound like the Daingerfield of Old! Has the talent moved on and graduated or is it just bad coaching?

What in the heck is going on in Daingerfield?

don't judge the tigers on losing to Gladewater. Remember that they lost the first game of the year to them before and went on to win state when Gladewater wasn't nearly as good as they are now. Good luck to the tigers on the rest of their season.

I'm w ya newton ..coaching is terrible. GLadewater was better than us hands down no matter who was coaching but for instance third and twenty he calls a qb draw instead of passing down field to one of two 6'3 recievers . I could go on and on especially w the d . GLadewater ran all over us I thought I'd see 8 men in the box after halftime but no . Coach literally made no adjustments we've been downhill ever since he came in except for that very talented class he inherited his first two seasons. I'm praying for a coach change. Not to mention the lack of discipline. I can't tell you how many plays our guys were running around like chickens w their heads cut off not knowing where to line up. I love daingerfield and will be here win or lose and hope we get better as the season goes but I'm praying for coaching changes

We have talent we just need to use it correctly. We should do good in our district if we can get more physical on defense. That's the key

Hey TigerFaithful I haven't kept up with Daingerfield in several years! I just knew something wasn't right Newton and Daingerfield have had some battles in years past! I saw on one post about the numbers are really down in Daingerfield is that because of just numbers or players not wanting to play for the HC! Bowman used to bring a full platoon of players and Daingerfields subs were usually good as well!

I'm w ya newton ..coaching is terrible. GLadewater was better than us hands down no matter who was coaching but for instance third and twenty he calls a qb draw instead of passing down field to one of two 6'3 recievers . I could go on and on especially w the d . GLadewater ran all over us I thought I'd see 8 men in the box after halftime but no . Coach literally made no adjustments we've been downhill ever since he came in except for that very talented class he inherited his first two seasons. I'm praying for a coach change. Not to mention the lack of discipline. I can't tell you how many plays our guys were running around like chickens w their heads cut off not knowing where to line up. I love daingerfield and will be here win or lose and hope we get better as the season goes but I'm praying for coaching changes

We have talent we just need to use it correctly. We should do good in our district if we can get more physical on defense. That's the key

Tiger, this is your team and you have a right to your opinion, but at no time last night were your 6'3 speedy receivers open except on the short passes. Your QB had no time to throw. He was pressured all night.

I had read all week about the Tiger speed and their height and I have to admit I was a little worried, but at no time Friday night did I see any Tiger receiver or player that was faster than the Bears. Blame your coach all you want but in that situation the QB draw was the only option.

I don't know the situation there in Daingerfield but I honestly didn't see anything Friday night that would make me question the coaches decisions.

Tiger, this is your team and you have a right to your opinion, but at no time last night were your 6'3 speedy receivers open except on the short passes. Your QB had no time to throw. He was pressured all night.

I had read all week about the Tiger speed and their height and I have to admit I was a little worried, but at no time Friday night did I see any Tiger receiver or player that was faster than the Bears. Blame your coach all you want but in that situation the QB draw was the only option.

I don't know the situation there in Daingerfield but I honestly didn't see anything Friday night that would make me question the coaches decisions.

Well did you close your eyes on the deep pass to Mims that got called back..... The Bears were running a lot of cover 3 with a 10-15 yard cushion on the corners.... Good thing your coaching staff respected the speed and called the game accordingly.... However you are correct that the Bears kept pressure on the QB.

Also, remember before the Gladewater current staff came over with Baugh? I can guarantee the Bear fans are familiar with not so good coaching....

Shhh dont say that , I made a mistake of making a sarcastic comment about not being able to hand the ball of right and I got the "what are you talking about!!!" Lol