Texas @ Notre Dame Week 1 Preview

JustAFan11

I'll say this now. ND is NOT overrated. They return a TON of talent from last year. In fact, outside of established qb play, this might be their best team in the last 20 years. Especially defensively.

Yeahhhhhhh ..... no. The 2012 defense only gave up 13 points per game for the season and that's including the thumping Alabama gave them in the title game. This year's team doesn't even remotely have that potential. ND lost probably their best defensive lineman to an MCL tear two or three weeks back. They were already thin there. And I do believe that defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder is the Irish version of Manny Diaz. He's already admitted that he doesn't know what to do with up-tempo teams, and his only adjustment to his blitzes getting tore up is "MOAR BLITZ!"

I fullly expect Swoopes to have a huge game and then go on to get benched a couple weeks later.

Yeahhhhhhh ..... no. The 2012 defense only gave up 13 points per game for the season and that's including the thumping Alabama gave them in the title game. This year's team doesn't even remotely have that potential. ND lost probably their best defensive lineman to an MCL tear two or three weeks back. They were already thin there. And I do believe that defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder is the Irish version of Manny Diaz. He's already admitted that he doesn't know what to do with up-tempo teams, and his only adjustment to his blitzes getting tore up is "MOAR BLITZ!"

I fullly expect Swoopes to have a huge game and then go on to get benched a couple weeks later.

Swoopes have a huge game? Lol. I'll take your word for it haha.

Well, at the very least, a big game by his standards. Wait and see. It's what Notre Dame does. I know it all too horribly well. For one week it will be Tyrone Swoopes, Heisman hopeful.

So we are talking 100 passing and 30 rushing with 2 sacks? That's a big game for him right?

Oh come on now. The Irish are over rated every year. They could wind up like south carlina last year. The game can go either way but it's on the road and you got swoopes playing qb. Advantage irish. Texas 's defense will keep them in games.

Notre Dame and USC ... probably the two most over rated teams year in and year out .... tru storie

So we are talking 100 passing and 30 rushing with 2 sacks? That's a big game for him right?

Damn right! Compared to the Texas bowl anyway. lol

I wonder how short the leash is on Swoopes this season or this game for that matter.

The way I'm looking at it. It is not the oline. It's the QB plain and simple. The QB for ND gets pressure steps up in the pocket and still looks to pass. Swoopes gets pressure and still has time to throw and panics and takes off he's only a run first.. He's not a QB. He's not a QB