WEEK 2: Henderson @ Tatum

Eagleborn

Henderson @ Tatum  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your winner

We seem to always focus on talking about what happens on Friday night ...

But in reality, most ever game that was ever won at a game field on Friday night ...

Was really won at a hot practice field on Monday and Tuesday afternoons.

That's called "Making your own Karma" - the harder you work, the luckier you get.

I will say this...Tatum has a great bunch of fans. They didn't run and hide after last years disappointing season and even if the Lions win this one going away they will still show up on Smoaky to support the Eagles...and to take their lumps.

True story!

I will say this...Tatum has a great bunch of fans. They didn't run and hide after last years disappointing season and even if the Lions win this one going away they will still show up on Smoaky to support the Eagles...and to take their lumps.

Yes sir, we got their back whether they are 10-0 or 0-10. Always will. During the fall of Daingerfield and other historically successful programs...almost all of the fans will go into hiding. We'll stand on the front line no matter what. The kids on every team out there give it all they got every week to represent their school and community, they deserve the support no matter what their record is.

That's no lie. They where here all last year, making the most out of the situation most of the time.

That's no lie. They where here all last year, making the most out of the situation most of the time.

So give us your take on the Henderson Lions. What should we expect this Friday night? Where they just that much better than Atlanta or was Atlanta just off their game?

Don't get me wrong, I love to win, but the thing I was most interested in the other night was how the kids would respond when something bad happened ... I have been around groups that had gone through a spell of bad luck and when something happened then "Oh no ... here we go again .. the wheels are fixin' to fall off the wagon" ... proudly that's not what happened ... if it bothered them, I couldn't tell it ... they never shut down for even a play.

Just like life, during a ball game there will be good things that happen and bad things that happen ... and the oddity is that most of the time how you respond to each will have more of an impact on the ultimate outcome of a game than the actual specific event itself ... guess that's the difference between young men and boys ... guess that's why this game is part of the educational system .... I NEVER LOSE .... EITHER I WIN ... OR I LEARN.

Don't get me wrong, I love to win, but the thing I was most interested in the other night was how the kids would respond when something bad happened ... I have been around groups that had gone through a spell of bad luck and when something happened then "Oh no ... here we go again .. the wheels are fixin' to fall off the wagon" ... proudly that's not what happened ... if it bothered them, I couldn't tell it ... they never shut down for even a play.

Just like life, during a ball game there will be good things that happen and bad things that happen ... and the oddity is that most of the time how you respond to each will have more of an impact on the ultimate outcome of a game than the actual specific event itself ... guess that's the difference between young men and boys ... guess that's why this game is part of the educational system .... I NEVER LOSE .... EITHER I WIN ... OR I LEARN.

There is way to much wisdom in your words. Most on here just spout off about records and wild predictions. You may actually make a few on here use that thing between their ears.

Well after a long wait and reading all kinds of predictions I must say this" if Henderson comes down to Tatum and wins what is the glory,, They are supposed to win,,,,but when the Eagles win I would bet we cannot get another game from them for years,,,,,,,,,This year if you are going to beat Tatum you must,,,1. beat the excellent coaching staff 2 Play 4 full quarters of football and bring your best,,,,and 3 you had better be in shape,,,,our Team will bring it to you and then run wind sprints after the game just ask Center,,,It's a short drive down here,, but a long journey back,,,,,Beware!!!

Well after a long wait and reading all kinds of predictions I must say this" if Henderson comes down to Tatum and wins what is the glory,, They are supposed to win,,,,but when the Eagles win I would bet we cannot get another game from them for years,,,,,,,,,This year if you are going to beat Tatum you must,,,1. beat the excellent coaching staff 2 Play 4 full quarters of football and bring your best,,,,and 3 you had better be in shape,,,,our Team will bring it to you and then run wind sprints after the game just ask Center,,,It's a short drive down here,, but a long journey back,,,,,Beware!!!

Punctuation looks great!

So give us your take on the Henderson Lions. What should we expect this Friday night? Where they just that much better than Atlanta or was Atlanta just off their game?

Henderson vs Atlanta

Here's the game. Atlanta gave up 20 points in the first half by way of interception/punt return. Even a bad snap on a punt put Henderson on Atlanta's 20, but Henderson shot themselves in the foot the entire series.

In total I think Henderson had 3 punt returns for touchdowns, and interception for a touchdown, and started inside Atlanta's 40 on 3-4 drives I believe. Nobody should expect to win a game with all of that happening.

Defense wasn't as bad as the score shows. Special teams and offensive line was our downfall, and Henderson took advantage of it.

Henderson vs Atlanta

Here's the game. Atlanta gave up 20 points in the first half by way of interception/punt return. Even a bad snap on a punt put Henderson on Atlanta's 20, but Henderson shot themselves in the foot the entire series.

In total I think Henderson had 3 punt returns for touchdowns, and interception for a touchdown, and started inside Atlanta's 40 on 3-4 drives I believe. Nobody should expect to win a game with all of that happening.

Defense wasn't as bad as the score shows. Special teams and offensive line was our downfall, and Henderson took advantage of it.

True but Henderson had 16 penalties and 6 missed xp's and 2 point conversions too keep the score where it was. Also had a TD called back due to a penalty.

Let's face it the speed of the game was the big difference.

True but Henderson had 16 penalties and 6 missed xp's and 2 point conversions too keep the score where it was. Also had a TD called back due to a penalty.

Let's face it the speed of the game was the big difference.

Atlanta also had a TD called back for penalties. Call it what you want, I will call it as I see it. Atlanta did not get beat by speed, though it doesn't hurt to be fast. You watch the game over again, and you will see kids running out of their lanes to try and chase down Ebner. Speed can be beaten, but not when you don't prepare for it. I'm taking nothing away from Henderson, just saying what we could have done to level the playing field.

Just like life, during a ball game there will be good things that happen and bad things that happen ... and the oddity is that most of the time how you respond to each will have more of an impact on the ultimate outcome of a game than the actual specific event itself ... guess that's the difference between young men and boys ... guess that's why this game is part of the educational system .... I NEVER LOSE .... EITHER I WIN ... OR I LEARN.[/quote

GOOD STUFF DOC BROWN!!

Atlanta also had a TD called back for penalties. Call it what you want, I will call it as I see it. Atlanta did not get beat by speed, though it doesn't hurt to be fast. You watch the game over again, and you will see kids running out of their lanes to try and chase down Ebner. Speed can be beaten, but not when you don't prepare for it. I'm taking nothing away from Henderson, just saying what we could have done to level the playing field.

I seen it as a blowout even with all the set backs. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I seen it as a blowout even with all the set backs. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. I guess if you where a coach you would have seen it as the same thing and change nothing between last Friday and this Friday right? Sure sounds like it.

I think if you stop ebner you stop Henderson

He certainly had a great night against Atlanta but Henderson has more play makers than they can say grace over. The question for me remains the D. They played great last Friday...held Atl to a little over a hundred yards total offense in the first 3 1/2 qtrs...forced 6 consecutive 3 and outs...and were on the Rabbs QB like a duck on a june bug (as my grandmother used to say. Boy, I sure miss her). I need to see the D play at that level again before I am convinced. Doesn't Tatum try to run a play like every 20 seconds?

No sir, there's a lot to work on especially the kicking game and the pre-snap penalties.

As there's a lot of work to be done in Atlanta on special teams and offensive line. They didn't just get beat because Henderson is fast.