Week Two : Cujo Blue Lions vs Ennis Maroon Lions

cujoforlife

John Tyler vs. Ennis  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Pick it......

Plain and simple. Load the box up and stop the run. Easier said than done though. That being said, I'm rolling with JT. JT opened the flood gates on PW who imo is not better than Ennis. I think we're too explosive on offense to lose this one. Just my opinion. Defense played solid and Bryson had decent time to throw. If we can get an early lead on Ennis, I think it will be impossible to come back with just a power run game. I'm not sure if they have much of a passing game though.

Plain and simple. Load the box up and stop the run. Easier said than done though. That being said, I'm rolling with JT. JT opened the flood gates on PW who imo is not better than Ennis. I think we're too explosive on offense to lose this one. Just my opinion. Defense played solid and Bryson had decent time to throw. If we can get an early lead on Ennis, I think it will be impossible to come back with just a power run game. I'm not sure if they have much of a passing game though.

They didn't last season but this is a new season. I haven't looked to find out the score against SOC.

Jt can take this one. Ennis will be big up front, but JT LB core is good at making plays. With all the corner speed you have, they can afford to pull in a safety, and play man ... giving the run extra support.

Bryson 7 on 7 helped him a lot. He is in mid season form throwing the crossing route, and the post. He looks good throwing that ball.

The only thing JT needs to do is play as many kids as they can in these non district games and find some depth... there going to need it getting out manned every week. As long as you have a QB like Bryson and a flying defense like you have, your going places.

Stay healthy and win em all but the last one LOL

We have to throw the ball better than last night for us to have any change to beat JT. Based on what I saw last night, I think we'll have a stronger team last year...

I thought all the Ennis faithful said y'all were better this year?

I hoping to see JT improve on yards production from the backfield. 16 for 55 isn't a threat for a team making use of two or three backs. Also, I know Ennis is a below average passing team so I'm hoping to see JT's secondary get some picks off any mid range passes and to defend the deep routes better.

I hoping to see JT improve on yards production from the backfield. 16 for 55 isn't a threat for a team making use of two or three backs. Also, I know Ennis is a below average passing team so I'm hoping to see JT's secondary get some picks off any mid range passes and to defend the deep routes better.

This line is smaller than last season. I don't know if there will be a power run game. They will have to come up with a to use the size of the line to their advantage.

It's been said that this year team better than your last Championship team. Probably even better than Harrel led champions.

LOL! Not based on what I saw Friday night. Overall I think we will be better than 2015. Defensively we should be much better that 2014 (even though a state champ, it was our 6th worse defense at giving up points per game since 1967). We had a very strong defense in 2013 - this year's version may approach them.

Offensively we are NOT set at QB. We completed two passes against SOC, none by the QB. In 2014, our QB was a weapon on the ground as well as throwing. We have nothing close to that, at least not on Friday. If that doesn't change, we definitely wont be as good as 2014.

I'm guessing JT is reloaded and will let us know how good we really are at this point.

This line is smaller than last season. I don't know if there will be a power run game. They will have to come up with a to use the size of the line to their advantage.

What in my post prompted you go to the extreme and make reference to a "power run game"?