6A Division II State Quarterfinals: Longview vs Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-1) vs Lufkin Panthers (11-2)  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2017 at 07:00 AM

7 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Lmao Kessler is just awful.

After someone was on here advocating for him a year he's going to cost us a game. Almost did last week.

6A Division II State Quarterfinals: Longview vs Lufkin

JohnnyFootball replied to LoboFan07's topic in High School Sports

Wow. I am really sorry I'm running a half marathon tomorrow or I'd have made the drive. Sounds like I missed one of the all time great games.

so you can declare a player awful and not witnessed his awfulness in person?  You have not a clue.  Hope you have a nice run tomorrow and a nice vacation.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Thanks Queen. It was good to meet you today. Good luck with everything and to your team. #5 was a beast. I was glad when King took him out. Hayden played well too. He’s going to be something to deal with over the next few seasons. 

It is always good to see y'all!  Thank you! I'll keep you posted on everything.  ⚘

• Like 1

Emotion.... pure and simple....as a fan of lobo football for 20 years all I can say is ...WOW!  First the atmosphere before the game, hours before  was just lots of people happy, full of energy ...kids playing ... people talking about the game ahead... Black, white and Hispanic ! All together as one! Longview! Everyone was Green to each other .  To some football is more than just a game . It’s an escape from life, the stresses of being human and living in today’s world . I know for me personally football has been a savior to me in some ways. 

I will never forget the memory that the lobos, the Lobo fans and my kids and friends gave me yesterday . It was truly an amazing day to be a Lobo fan. As the game ended andctears of joy truly filled my eyes , because I knew I had atleast one more week of these Lobos to enjoy.

Thank you to All who made that day a great memory!

GO LOBOS!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Gametyme said:

I could tell we had taken it to another level when we beat Westfield as well as Longview with its win over Klein Collins. This game had the makings for a classic and it delivered. I really hope Longview goes into win it. They have a really good shot and deserve it. As for Isiah Phillips words can't express how much you meant to this program. You literally carried Lufkin the entire season. I really think he might be a steal at the next level. Going forward this kind of run can re-launch the program. And not to look to far a head but on paper Lufkin will probably be the 5A div 1 favorite. Manval will go 5A d2 so we will avoid that monster lol. I think the defense will return 8 starters. Oh well good game Longview I'll be tuned in next weekend  

This kind of playoff run will do that... Just think of all the underclassmen and JV, Freshman kids that got to practice an extra month.  This will make them seasoned veterans going into next year. Not to mention, drives them in the offseason. Best of luck to the Pack, great season. East Texas Proud!!!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Ponderossa said:

Longview is just better

I know you like to stir the pot. But ain't you a fan of some ant small school ? I saw two teams that where about as evenly matched as could be. Nobody was head and shoulders better then anyone yesterday. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I know you like to stir the pot. But ain't you a fan of some ant small school ? I saw two teams that where about as evenly matched as could be. Nobody was head and shoulders better then anyone yesterday. 

Agree. The special teams was really the difference in this one and maybe coaching. However, lv made some mistakes and missed a few extra points and field goals too. So...i would say it was mainly coaching. Don’t think King would be kicking even close to the same guy that torched him earlier in the season and had a long run on the last kickoff. Not sure why our coach was ok with it. But it is what it is at this point. 

9 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Agree. The special teams was really the difference in this one and maybe coaching. However, lv made some mistakes and missed a few extra points and field goals too. So...i would say it was mainly coaching. Don’t think King would be kicking even close to the same guy that torched him earlier in the season and had a long run on the last kickoff. Not sure why our coach was ok with it. But it is what it is at this point. 

I was saying the same thing. I know they are not going to kick it to 23.... I would have pooched it, kicked it to the other kid or even kicked it out of bounds. Worst case is 30 yard line, unless they could have taken the penalty and re-kick. 

12 minutes ago, jbabi86 said:

I was saying the same thing. I know they are not going to kick it to 23.... I would have pooched it, kicked it to the other kid or even kicked it out of bounds. Worst case is 30 yard line, unless they could have taken the penalty and re-kick. 

I was screaming for him to kick it out of bounds. I don’t understand it. 

17 minutes ago, jbabi86 said:

We literally were talking about that in the first quarter yesterday. Just kick it out of bounds.

Doesn't make sense why Lufkin was continuing to do that.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

This. 

It was a great game. Lufkin has no reason to hang their heads. They gave as good as they got. This win came by the slimmest of margins. 

• Like 1

The crowd on both sides were amazing though. Shoutout to both fan bases. It wasn’t as packed as 04, but it was still as loud on both sides. Just hate to lose something like that. Mostly for the kids. I’m glad we don’t have to play Lv again for the next few seasons for a big game like that one yesterday, because i know how much their kids and fan bases want it too. 

2 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

The crowd on both sides were amazing though. Shoutout to both fan bases. It wasn’t as packed as 04, but it was still as loud on both sides. Just hate to lose something like that. Mostly for the kids. I’m glad we don’t have to play Lv again for the next few seasons for a big game like that one yesterday, because i know how much their kids and fan bases want it too. 

Definitely wasn’t 04 size but 20,000 is a reasonable estimation. Was glad to see our fan base keep it close to 50/50. 

Ill agree that we need a mini break and that Lp dropping is a nice one for meaningful playoff games. 3 in 4 years for this rivalry is a lot. And yesterday’s back and forth, up and down, momentum all over the place game is the best and worst thing about HS football, especially between our programs. 

Absolutely drained today. Of everything. Going from one high to a low to a high and back to an extreme low then the ultimate high. Just draining.

Glad we get to do it again next week cause no doubt we’ve been where y’all are right now. Mainly that Guyer game that is still with me. 

Lobo Up!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Definitely wasn’t 04 size but 20,000 is a reasonable estimation. Was glad to see our fan base keep it close to 50/50. 

Ill agree that we need a mini break and that Lp dropping is a nice one for meaningful playoff games. 3 in 4 years for this rivalry is a lot. And yesterday’s back and forth, up and down, momentum all over the place game is the best and worst thing about HS football, especially between our programs. 

Absolutely drained today. Of everything. Going from one high to a low to a high and back to an extreme low then the ultimate high. Just draining.

Glad we get to do it again next week cause no doubt we’ve been where y’all are right now. Mainly that Guyer game that is still with me. 

Lobo Up!

Very draining. It’s not just one game though that makes it difficult to deal with. We’ve lost several close games the last few years to rivals.....and by freakin one point. That’s a tough pill to swallow, especially when you were leading yesterday and were a few games from state. Just glad we don’t have to do it again for a few seasons. I can definitely understand what the lobo fan base had to deal with in 02 and 04. Also the 11 straight games. The lobos and Panthers definitely need a break from each other right though.   Maybe even a few more years lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I can definitely understand what the lobo fan base had to deal with in 02 and 04. Also the 11 straight games.

2002 really hurt, just cause that team was so unexpected.

I won't lie about yesterday though. I kept thinking back to 2004 during it. Score at halftime in 2004 was 14-10. Yesterday was 13-10. Score after 3 quarters in 2004 was 21-17. Yesterday was 20-17.

I really felt like it was going to end up the exact same way as we entered the 4th. Thank God I was wrong about that.

I was also surprised they kicked it to the same guy that just had a huge return the kick before. I was surprised that Lufkin didn't call their final timeout when the qb was tackled. That took awhile off the clock and put the 3rd and long in a desperation mode. I get saving the timeout for a potential field goal attempt. 

1 minute ago, Bclove05 said:

I was also surprised they kicked it to the same guy that just had a huge return the kick before. I was surprised that Lufkin didn't call their final timeout when the qb was tackled. That took awhile off the clock and put the 3rd and long in a desperation mode. I get saving the timeout for a potential field goal attempt. 

That is something longview would do lol like in spring DeKaney game 

To be fair, Edwards was the guy who had the long return yesterday before the final kickoff. But still Williams had already had a kickoff returned for a TD in the first game.

Still should’ve just kicked it out of bounds imo.