Center vs Henderson

Sportsfanatic1

20 hours ago, ETxFB299 said:

Hoping we play better than we did last week.  I don’t think Henderson will be as good as Gladewater.  Henderson will be able to throw the ball more than GW though.   

We’ll need to play much better to have a chance 

Not better than gladewater huh? 😂we’ll see Friday night I guess 

2 hours ago, LionTed93 said:

Not better than gladewater huh? 😂we’ll see Friday night I guess 

We’ve played against y’all and Gladewater for the past 4 years.  Gladewater is a much better football program than Henderson right now.  I’m sure most of East Texas would agree. 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 2
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, ETxFB299 said:

We’ve played against y’all and Gladewater for the past 4 years.  Gladewater is a much better football program than Henderson right now.  I’m sure most of East Texas would agree. 

With all due respect I don’t think most of East Texas would agree.  GW had a great season last year and look to be very solid again in 2019.  But Henderson has been to the Regional Finals 3 years in a row in 4A D1.  Had they not been in a Region with Carthage would have likely won state again in 2016.  They were good enough.

• Like 1

Ok so maybe they don’t agree.  I just look at how Gladewater handled up Kilgore and Henderson the last time they had to play them!  

Either way, PG beat the mess out of Henderson this year.  Gladewater competed with PG last year and I think they can this year as well. 

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

With all due respect I don’t think most of East Texas would agree.  GW had a great season last year and look to be very solid again in 2019.  But Henderson has been to the Regional Finals 3 years in a row in 4A D1.  Had they not been in a Region with Carthage would have likely won state again in 2016.  They were good enough.

So since we’re going off had been’s, where does that put Gladewater since they beat PG last year?

Henderson didn’t beat PG last year....  

20 minutes ago, ETxFB299 said:

So since we’re going off had been’s, where does that put Gladewater since they beat PG last year?

You ain’t heard? PG gift wrapped us that game. We didn’t do anything to win... we are in trouble this year lol

• LOL! 1

50 minutes ago, ETxFB299 said:

GW had a good run in 2018 going 12-2 and reaching the Regional Finals.  But they were 2-8 in 2017 and 8-3 in 2016. I’d like to say they are about 2 years behind PG but only time will tell.  Honestly the pre-district game last year was only for bragging rights.  It was a good measuring stick but honestly it’s all about how you finish.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

18 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

GW had a good run in 2018 going 12-2 and reaching the Regional Finals.  But they were 2-8 in 2017 and 8-3 in 2016. I’d like to say they are about 2 years behind PG but only time will tell.  Honestly the pre-district game last year was only for bragging rights.  It was a good measuring stick but honestly it’s all about how you finish.

Yeah that 2-8 year was kind of a bridge gap year in between talent pools.