🏈 The Official 2023 - 2024 2A DI District 11 Football Thread  🏈

KirtFalcon

On 8/12/2023 at 12:35 PM, Red90fly said:

Maybe Grapeland gets better, but Cushing wore them down yesterday and was much tougher/physical.  Grapeland has the size and athletes though.

Did you watch the scrimmage? 
I seen videos vs Cushing and Grapeland did what they needed to. 
Same vs a good Brook hill team. 

Grapeland plays Frankston opening night.

14 hours ago, Megadeth 4 life said:

Better win now. Timpson. Or Garrison. SA will be loaded for Awhile,!!  Saw them and They will be back on top in region 3. 

Garrison is doing the same .... gonna get stronger the next few seasons .... lots of players whose fathers were on those 2001-2003 great teams coming along .... Dawgs looking to reopen the bone yard for good .....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Garrison is doing the same .... gonna get stronger the next few seasons .... lots of players whose fathers were on those 2001-2003 great teams coming along .... Dawgs looking to reopen the bone yard for good .....

Yeah I know Blake Phillips, I believe he has a couple of kids that are in Jr. High or close to it.

On 8/21/2023 at 5:59 PM, trueblue82 said:

Beckville @ Timpson (Thursday)

Garrison @ Hughes Springs 

Joaquin @ Arp

Grapeland @ Lovelady 

San Augustine @ Hemphill 

Alto @ Shelbyville 

West Sabine @ Tenaha 

Beckville

Garrison

Arp

Lovelady

Hemphill

Shelbyville

Tenaha

On 8/12/2023 at 11:32 PM, Gen7Dragon said:

What happened to the Shelbyville rep from a few years ago? I think he went by twin something?

Shelbyville had a joint scrimmage with Buna and Huntington. They ended up scoring 6 times and I'm not sure if Buna or Huntington scored on Shelbyvilles 1's? I was watching from a distance. 

Huntington was atrocious but Buna was OK. 

Shelbyville had 4 total TD  passes and two rushing. 

They don't get much respect here, but they do have 10 Sr's that were pretty much all starters last year. 

I think they might compete for the 3rd spot in district? It depends on how much Grapeland, SA, and West Sabine has improved? And how much Joauquin has dropped off? I hear the Rams lost a lot! 

I'm sure the Rams will be more physical but this could be one of those years that talent or record doesn't matter. One of those games that ends up very close because of the nature of the rivalry. Like in 2019. 

I'm still lurking around. Don't keep up or make it to games as much as I'd like as I'm in grad school now. Definitely excited to catch a few games this year though!

• Like 1

Timpson, Garrison and Shelbyville all get very impressive wins while San Augustine and Grapeland both win semi-competitive games. West Sabine and Joaquin both lose competitive games. Everyone has something to work on to improve this week. I’ll post the matchups later in the week. 

Garrison 1-0

Grapeland 1-0

San Augustine 1-0

Shelbyville 1-0

Timpson 1-0

Joaquin 0-1

West Sabine 0-1

• Like 2

On 8/24/2023 at 12:16 PM, TwinNumber1 said:

I'm still lurking around. Don't keep up or make it to games as much as I'd like as I'm in grad school now. Definitely excited to catch a few games this year though!

Congrats on the grad school,takes work and dedication to get there,keep grinding and get it done 👍

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Timpson, Garrison and Shelbyville all get very impressive wins while San Augustine and Grapeland both win semi-competitive games. West Sabine and Joaquin both lose competitive games. Everyone has something to work on to improve this week. I’ll post the matchups later in the week. 

Garrison 1-0

Grapeland 1-0

San Augustine 1-0

Shelbyville 1-0

Timpson 1-0

Joaquin 0-1

West Sabine 0-1

Hugh Springs was such an unbelievably weak non district game especially for a 3A team it's hard to see where we really stand .... I know they had to have had negative total yards on offense .... That said both our scrimmages and this game tell me our defense is going to be really tough .... Neither WR, Harelton or HS were able to do much at all against our defense .... Our running game has both power and speed .... I like what I see so far .... Arp should give us a little more idea of where we are this early in the season .... some of the younger kids really stepped up .... We've got some head hunters on defense .... This is the best we have looked this early ..... 

Hope everyone stays healthy ... safe travels ....

So much for Week 2 providing clarity. Timpson and Garrison were both impressive again. Joaquin traded blows with Beckville for a half before getting blown out, and Grapeland lost their rivalry game against Lovelady. But the real ugly was the other three teams. SA manhandled Hemphill, then got blown out by the same Tenaha team that needed a late miracle to beat WS. WS blew out the same Alto team that Shelbyville dominated, then Shelbyville loses to Hemphill. Tenaha is 2-0 against our district, with a shot to go 3-0 this week (Joaquin). Alto is 0-2 against us. Hemphill, Arp and Beckville are all 1-1. It would appear that Timpson and Garrison are both very good. Beyond that, I see a lot of inconsistency. 

• Like 1