Mount Enterprise vs. Carlisle Friday night on the Reservation

upullinmychain

I'm thinking This is where the worm turns, thinking Carlisle puts up a complete game and turns the dawgs loose finally.carlisle hadn't seen the slot since last season and it's a confusing offense to stop when ran well, Cushing ran it well, thinking we get ahead of it this week and slow Mt down some and allows us to get ahead and make them chase us.If we get a couple stops, that'll be the difference I'm thinking.on their side, they've got to defend the pass and the run and the entire field, because we are going to strech it,they better score a bunch in first half because we are gonna reek havoc in the second half of the game, that's just our m/o this season for some reason I can't fathom.Mt Will eat clock and slow the game down and try to limit our touches, we gotta get some three and outs on defense... sometimes you just gotta play filthy and break a teams spirt... it's just the nature of the beast, it's time for Carlisle to step up and go beastmode... Let's gooo.....

Mount isn't going to lay down and take a good old fashion. The run game is strong with Ash in the backfield. He doesn't get the recognition he deserves. Indians will need to stack the box and control the outside . Which was a big problem problem last week. Seeing that the passing game for Mount is not a big threat . May run a few corner blitz and leave safety hanging over the top to control the run.. Indian passing gaming should take them to the win this week as long as there is minimal turner overs. Indians for the win!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CHEIFBLACKFOOT said:

Mount isn't going to lay down and take a good old fashion. The run game is strong with Ash in the backfield. He doesn't get the recognition he deserves. Indians will need to stack the box and control the outside . Which was a big problem problem last week. Seeing that the passing game for Mount is not a big threat . May run a few corner blitz and leave safety hanging over the top to control the run.. Indian passing gaming should take them to the win this week as long as there is minimal turner overs. Indians for the win!

Kid is a hardcore runner for sure,but they saw him last season so wont be a shock or anything along those lines, seeing the slot last week and having another week to prepare for it Will help the indians alot.if the defense will read the center he'll tell them where the ball is going and can get there and keep the play contained in the first two legs of the play 🤷..its not a new offense,its been around for a hundred years...jeez 

• Like 1

I don’t post often. I’m a coach at Mount Enterprise and not really my place to post.  Just wanted to share that this is a full circle moment for me. 

The reason I decided to become a teacher was because of my grandad, Billy Bob Trimble. He taught at Carlisle for most of his career. He passed when I was in Junior high, and never got to see me play, graduate, or coach. 

I know it’s a big game for all, but wanted the Carlisle folks to know I look forward to being on the campus my grandad worked at. 

good luck on Friday! 

• Like 4
  • Love 4

On 10/15/2023 at 9:12 AM, upullinmychain said:

Kid is a hardcore runner for sure,but they saw him last season so wont be a shock or anything along those lines, seeing the slot last week and having another week to prepare for it Will help the indians alot.if the defense will read the center he'll tell them where the ball is going and can get there and keep the play contained in the first two legs of the play 🤷..its not a new offense,its been around for a hundred years...jeez 

You need three things to stop the slot-T: #1 you need a hoss of a nose tackle that’s tough as a pine knot and meaner than a barrel full of copperheads and don’t care if he never hears his name called over the loudspeaker. #2: you need two ILBs with good eye discipline that can make quick reads and won’t get scared after they’ve been hit with a trap block that they didn’t see coming. #3. You need some DBs that are willing to come downhill with bad intentions to clean up the RB after the LBs string him up. You can slow it down with one of these. You can beat it with two of these if your offense can score a lot of points. You can shut it down with all three. A couple of cat quick DEs that can get penetration and turn the toss sweep inside is a big plus. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

You need three things to stop the slot-T: #1 you need a hoss of a nose tackle that’s tough as a pine knot and meaner than a barrel full of copperheads and don’t care if he never hears his name called over the loudspeaker. #2: you need two ILBs with good eye discipline that can make quick reads and won’t get scared after they’ve been hit with a trap block that they didn’t see coming. #3. You need some DBs that are willing to come downhill with bad intentions to clean up the RB after the LBs string him up. You can slow it down with one of these. You can beat it with two of these if your offense can score a lot of points. You can shut it down with all three. A couple of cat quick DEs that can get penetration and turn the toss sweep inside is a big plus. 

Whenever we played y’all I always thought about field position because ya don’t won’t them to have 4 downs hard to stop if they don’t need to punt.