Tony Sevilla

Poll  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this week

• Cushing Bearkats
    • Alto Yellowjackets

This poll is closed to new votes

12 hours ago, HulaKat said:

He shared duty when they needed to pass. Had at least 2 TD passes that I counted. 

Davis had 3 TD passed and like you said above….many dropped passes that were there for the taking. He didn’t practice all week and didn’t know he would even have the opportunity until Thursday. He really is a warrior. He’s been running for his life most of the season and has certainly taken his share of hits. On the defensive side of the ball he’s been the leader also. Has rarely come off the field and just shown these young guys what true leadership looks like.

Cushing is a scrappy bunch and we just could not stop their running game. What has to happen for y’all to get seeded in the playoffs? I know it entails us beating Carlisle but I don’t know the points and what has to happen. 

Edited by StingEmALTO

12 hours ago, RipperRipper said:

You bet better days are coming brother. 

Yes sir, I can see it in the group we have coming up. For y’all too!

What do you see happening realignment wise for Carlisle? 183 (unless something crazy happens with the cutoffs) will get Carlisle back in D1. With Grapeland and West Sabine coming down and Carlisle and Lovelady going up, I see us staying in our current district with Grapeland taking Carlisle’s place and West Sabine taking Lovelady’s. That may send y’all back up with Union Grove, Big Sandy, Hawkins, etc… Always interesting to follow!

Just now, RipperRipper said:

To have a kid like Davis is crucial for a rebuilding year. Sounds like he's a good block to build with.

He is. Tough as a boot and been the starting QB since a sophomore so he’s been in the system awhile. Those younger guys have for sure benefited from that. Great example and he will be missed. 

5 minutes ago, RipperRipper said:

To have a kid like Davis is crucial for a rebuilding year. Sounds like he's a good block to build with.

He is. Tough as a boot and been the starting QB since a sophomore so he’s been in the system awhile. Those younger guys have for sure benefited from that. Great example and he will be missed. 

9 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

What do you see happening realignment wise for Carlisle? 183 (unless something crazy happens with the cutoffs) will get Carlisle back in D1. With Grapeland and West Sabine coming down and Carlisle and Lovelady going up, I see us staying in our current district with Grapeland taking Carlisle’s place and West Sabine taking Lovelady’s. That may send y’all back up with Union Grove, Big Sandy, Hawkins, etc… Always interesting to follow!

Best case scenario for us is to go that direction. I don't want to see us going to the other district. We are banged up and struggling in D2 right now. Got to get better quick to compete up there.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lambo said:

5 years ago of you told me Cushing would ever beat AltoI would laugh at you and tell you to lay off the pipe. Strange times we're livin in.

Same and I remember you saying that when they beat Tenaha last year. 😂 Tenaha righted the ship this year, hope we can do the same next year. Good win for them for sure although we’re taking our lumps from everyone

5 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

I hear there is a big number coming down from 3a to 2a so the cutoff numbers might change and we may end up staying d2. Never know what uil will do tho!

• Like 1

Cushing has to beat Mt E by 8+ to get in the playoffs, and that would give them the 3 seed.  Tall task, Mt E playing good ball.  The Carlisle game is going to end up costing them.  This is the toughest district in the area for D2.  Whoever gets left out would make it in the other districts around here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

Cushing has to beat Mt E by 8+ to get in the playoffs, and that would give them the 3 seed.  Tall task, Mt E playing good ball.  The Carlisle game is going to end up costing them.  This is the toughest district in the area for D2.  Whoever gets left out would make it in the other districts around here.

Definitely would in our district and d9 they might win it 

2 hours ago, Red90fly said:

I maybe be wrong but I have Carlisle at -13, Mt E at +14 and Cushing at -1 pending this weeks game.

So if Cushing wins they are the #4 seed 15+ they are the number 3 seed?

Carlisle vs Cushing 49-48  +1

Carlisle vs. Mt E.     60-74. -14

Carlisle.   total   -13

--------------------------------

Mt E vs Carlisle.  74-60. +14

Mt E vs Cushing.  

-----------------------------

Cushing vs Carlisle  48-49 -1

Cushing vs Mt E

8 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Have you seen LL snapshot #?  West Harden if they drop would probably go to D12 too 

15 hours ago, Red90fly said:

I don't see Cushing winning by 8+ against ME...Carlisle should get by Alto giving them the fourth seed...but you never know

2 hours ago, Ronster23 said:

I don't see Cushing winning by 8+ against ME...Carlisle should get by Alto giving them the fourth seed...but you never know

ME had no best Cushing for several years… It’s a rivalry game….Bearkats stopped Ash last year …. All I know is it will be a dog fight….

• Like 2