Class 5A D1 Region 2: Longview vs Frisco Reedy

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (10-1) vs Frisco Reedy Lions (10-1)  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Frisco Reedy in a close one
    • Frisco Reedy in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/18/2023 at 12:00 AM

2 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Just for the record, I'm someone who works for an organization that streams games...If I was in total charge I wouldn't allow streams in the regular season for Friday games and I wouldn't allow streams for playoff games unless a percentage of the stadium is filled w/pre-sale tickets...the schools are the ones who get hurt because people dont go to the games and try to watch games for free...at minimum I'd like to see some sort of revenue sharing agreement between streamers and the schools...if I was a school i'd put a value on my product, people pay a ticket to watch the game in person, they should pay to watch online...but that's JMO

Soooo why doesn’t your organization pay schools? Be the change you want to see in the world! 

I agree- people should go to games. Some people live a long ways away and can’t. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MattStepp said:

UIL owns rights to ALL playoff games in ALL sports, Bally Sports has purchased those rights from the UIL so Bally can air whatever game they want first and its tough luck to anyone else. NFHS has 2nd priority, after Bally, Texan Live is 3rd. 
After that 3rd parties have two options, they can sub-license from the UIL to broadcast a game on NFHS (and be paid) or they can pay a fee to the UIL to broadcast the game on their own. 

So basically if NFHS wants to broadcast a game, they can tell anyone else no and thats just the way it is.  If a sub-licensee does a bad job (ie the Longview game last year) they simply won't get any more games. 

There is an exception for school districts to do student run broadcasts but if its not student run (including play by play and color) or if ads are run you could be put on the UIL naughty list and not given the exception after that

You can definitely sign up to be a sub-liscensee on the UIL website if you'd like! 

Golden. Thanks, Bro. NFHS, still needs their azz beat, though……..

10 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Great first half for Longview. The offense and special teams got 31 points and the bend-but-don’t-break strategy is working perfectly on defense. 

I was saying Willie is due for a pick boom clutch end zone pick could be 28-14 instead 31-7