Palestine Open

Just my two cents, I think Palestine needs to follow the Chapel Hill/Kilgore/Lindale model, young high energy guy who can galvanize the kids and community....if I was involved thats what I would personally push for...

13 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Define YOUNG???

I'd say someone under the age of 45...just think a place like Palestine the type of kids they have needs someone with energy that can bring excitement and juice...the guy still has to coach but I think energy and life is needed as well...

Edited by MattStepp
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I'd say someone under the age of 45...just think a place like Palestine the type of kids they have needs someone with energy that can bring excitement and juice...the guy still has to coach but I think energy and life is needed as well...

I agree, youthful exuberance is a much needed quality at most programs.

It would be wise to pluck a coordinator from one of those schools. They are similar to Palestine in many ways and know how to be successful. Palestine has the talent, just needs the road map to get there, which these schools know how to do. Especially Chapel Hill. The staff there has got that program going again quickly to huge success. Can't beat going 2-8 to State Finalists in 5 years, 2 time State Semi Finalists before that. Kilgore is rock solid almost yearly.

6 hours ago, inittowinit said:

It would be wise to pluck a coordinator from one of those schools. They are similar to Palestine in many ways and know how to be successful. Palestine has the talent, just needs the road map to get there, which these schools know how to do. Especially Chapel Hill. The staff there has got that program going again quickly to huge success. Can't beat going 2-8 to State Finalists in 5 years, 2 time State Semi Finalists before that. Kilgore is rock solid almost yearly.

was it really the staff ? lets see what happens when stewart and company leave chapel hill. now kilgore has been a successful steady program for years regardless of the talent.

Edited by nacdragon07

21 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

was it really the staff ? lets see what happens when stewart and company leave chapel hill. now kilgore has been a successful steady program for years regardless of the talent.

Didn't Chapel Hill go 3 deep the year before Brisbon and Stewart arrived? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Didn't Chapel Hill go 3 deep the year before Brisbon and Stewart arrived? 

4-3 in district play got hot at the right time imho. I still want to see what they do when they leave.

Edited by nacdragon07

9 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

I agree, youthful exuberance is a much needed quality at most programs.

I agree with the statement and might add that with that exuberance needs to be a maturity factor that can deal with little Johnny’s parents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nacdragon07 said:

4-3 in district play got hot at the right time imho. I still want to see what they do when they leave.

That staff has got a good track record overall....some pretty deep runs at Crosby too...they've proven they can get it done

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 3:06 PM, nacdragon07 said:

I've been living in Kilgore for 20 years now and have missed maybe 5 or 6 games total. In the last 20 years, Kilgore has missed the playoffs one time. We are not Longview or Carthage, but it's somewhat remarkable how good a team Kilgore can roll out there year after year after year. 

• Like 3

On 2/9/2024 at 9:02 PM, Aggie98 said:

I've been living in Kilgore for 20 years now and have missed maybe 5 or 6 games total. In the last 20 years, Kilgore has missed the playoffs one time. We are not Longview or Carthage, but it's somewhat remarkable how good a team Kilgore can roll out there year after year after year. 

even when i was in high school and we went through realignment and started playing Kilgore they were always good. the offense wasn't flashy or complicated but it was hard to stop. they would basically run the ball down your throat. 

2 hours ago, sportsfan122316 said:

I bet they go with a HC that has some East Texas ties, I don’t see them taking a chance on a coordinator. Probably someone that is an HC already.

Definitely going to be a current Head Coach, and I'm betting big bucks it's one that has been in Palestine and worked for Angel.

18 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

With Coach Angel having so much input into this hire, I would be very interested to compare the applicant list with the list of who interviewed. 

Definitely would like to know the interview list at a minimum

• Like 1

1 hour ago, playactionpass39 said:

Definitely going to be a current Head Coach, and I'm betting big bucks it's one that has been in Palestine and worked for Angel.

We are thinking the same guy I bet

• Like 2