My Final 3A DI Top 25 Rankings

Yoe09

Guest Tiger03lb
31 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Idk. This was first year with brand new coaching staff. 

Any changes this offseason in the staff?

50 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Serious question..... What is goin on in Tatum? Yall were supposed to contend for state championships once yall dropped but in yalls 2nd year in 3a yall didnt even make the playoffs goin 3-7.... Is it coaching or kids just not buying in or what?

Dropping down doesn’t guarantee anything.

Guest Tiger03lb
18 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Not yet

I think you guys will get everything figured out this offseason. There wasn't a lot of time with players/coaches before the season either and with having young of a team that's about all you guys could do. I'm still hoping for UIL to shift us over to y'alls district. Doubt it'll happen. 

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

How many teams have some success at the 4ad2 level drop and not make playoffs in the 2nd year down? 3-7 is not tatum like

Honestly I can't tell you what Tatum's records were yearly in 4A D2. All I know is they can never be underestimated. Also, Tatum, like other teams that dropped, brought really young teams with them. Add to that a coaching change and anything can happen. No team that dropped (or at least the 3 teams in our area) have dominated. Even Atlanta, as another poster stated, didn't make the playoffs this year. Dropping doesn't assure a team of anything. Tatum has dealt with a lot including injuries over last 2 years. 

My original post was made because you were joking that Tatum wouldn't make the playoffs. Not sure why you felt the need to take a shot at Tatum. I can't remember, but I think you are a supporter of Franklin. If I'm right, then by your philosophy of teams dropping after being successful in a higher classification, Franklin should be competing for that trip to Jerry World the next 2 years. I hope so. Personally I like Franklin. Didn't ya'll just change coaches or fixing to change?

8 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

Honestly I can't tell you what Tatum's records were yearly in 4A D2. All I know is they can never be underestimated. Also, Tatum, like other teams that dropped, brought really young teams with them. Add to that a coaching change and anything can happen. No team that dropped (or at least the 3 teams in our area) have dominated. Even Atlanta, as another poster stated, didn't make the playoffs this year. Dropping doesn't assure a team of anything. Tatum has dealt with a lot including injuries over last 2 years. 

My original post was made because you were joking that Tatum wouldn't make the playoffs. Not sure why you felt the need to take a shot at Tatum. I can't remember, but I think you are a supporter of Franklin. If I'm right, then by your philosophy of teams dropping after being successful in a higher classification, Franklin should be competing for that trip to Jerry World the next 2 years. I hope so. Personally I like Franklin. Didn't ya'll just change coaches or fixing to change?

I just like to mess with eagleborn as he does with me as well.... I have nothing against tatum. Yes our coach is retiring after 44 years of coaching and is one hell of a coach. Also yes i think we should do well when we drop down to d2. We had success when we moved up finish regular season #1 last year in d1 but unfortunately it didnt end in a state championship bc of those dagg gum zebras lol

3 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

I get that but they had a good year last year correct? 3 or 4 rounds? What im sayin is both gw and atlanta have made deep runs since they dropped

If Tatum hadn’t lost their Qb last year in the last game of the season they would have made noise in the playoffs. This year with the coaching change, a young team and in my opinion the lack of a true Qb they were down. They had as much speed as any team we played this year and with a good offseason they could be dangerous. 

5 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

I just like to mess with eagleborn as he does with me as well.... I have nothing against tatum. Yes our coach is retiring after 44 years of coaching and is one hell of a coach. Also yes i think we should do well when we drop down to d2. We had success when we moved up finish regular season #1 last year in d1 but unfortunately it didnt end in a state championship bc of those dagg gum zebras lol

I think those Zebras are getting in everyone's way.

Did his son get the HC position?

On 12/23/2019 at 8:29 PM, Tiger03lb said:

Though I'd share this, got this from our local historian/announcer. Past decade of top/most wins this decade in 3ad1. 

Screenshot_20191223-202236_Facebook.jpg

Wow, I did not realize Potts had that many wins. Wall will continue to be dominate in their area.