Center @ Tatum

Tatum_DirtyBird

I guess I should have been specific. It's not the run, it's the option that we have to improve defending. We have quite a bit of inexperience this year and we are still getting things together, but we should do well defending the run other than the option and that is coming together. We just have to learn our assignments and stick with them.

LBs cant be looking into the backfield...they must stick to their assignments. If every player hits who they are supposed to....you can shut the option down. If one guy plays out of position, they'll walk it down the field every time.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crawford just needs to call the phone # and parachute to the game. I dont be thinkn yalls directions is good.

doomer I think you would be the last person I get advise from. Last I remember you started walking home on the high school track after the Beckville game last season and never did get home untill Hayseed found you asleep on track the next morning lol

Yeah, we were rebuilding but I still thought the game should have been closer. We played a great first half and then it just all fell apart. Center had a pretty tough team that year. Tatum has already proved this year that we are a second half team but we need to come out and score early because like you said, there are other teams that are 2nd half teams as well. Good luck to you guys.

Seems like a good match up them, because like I've said (although I didn't see the Fairfield game) Center has struggled on both sides of the ball in the first half, but not nearly as bad on the offensive side of the ball.

That they did.

Curious to see how Tatum handles a team that's based out of the spread.

One thing to watch for this game is LB play... Tatum's Kiano Lucas and Center's Derrick Thomas... Both are good ones.

Don't know about Tatum's Kiano, but Thomas from Center is the definition of of a senior leader. He doesn't just make plays. He is a true leader on the sidelines and in the huddle (even though Center doesn't technically huddle). You won't see that kid loose his cool or get down on himself or his teammates, not to mention he started for Center as a sophomore, and not because Center just needed to fill a spot. He is legit. HOpe his season continues to go as well as it has this far. Great kid.

Linebacker

Great kid only a junior

Very simular to Derrick Thomas. I really hope Williams keeps improving and assumes that leadership room next year, but as for this year I would say you hear his name more than any other Center defensive player.

I would also like to point out a great sophomore for Center, Jack Ford. This kid is all over the field. He misses tackles every once in a while because he is going so hard, but he has the desire and the build to be a great linebacker/defensive end for Center. I think he is number 21 or something.

Another young guy to watch is our sophomore safety J. Shaw. This kid has the ability and size to be a real prospect. If he keeps learning the game and hits the weight room you could see this guy in a D 1 school.

With all those great players Center should win the state titles this year, all state titles.... eh?

Well the post I think you are responding to clearly says they are very young, with three of their biggest defensive players being underclassmen along with their quarterback. But Center does have the talent to win state, we always have. We just haven't had the program. When you think about it that way, these underclassmen are the only Center players that have started their football careers in a real program. When our current coach got here they were just starting, so they've been the only group to run the same offense all the way up. That makes a huge difference. They may not be more talented but they definately have an advantage over Center teams form the past, and its about time.

I guess I should have been specific. It's not the run, it's the option that we have to improve defending. We have quite a bit of inexperience this year and we are still getting things together, but we should do well defending the run other than the option and that is coming together. We just have to learn our assignments and stick with them.

Well I don't think Tatum will have to worry much with the option. I don't think I've seen one option play this year when our starting QB is in. He just isn't as mobile as the last few center QB's. But they might sneak in a few under the wildcat, which I personally hope to see more of. Our wildcat quarterback is pretty shifty and is, other than our starting running back, the hardest runner on the team.

On a side note:

I'd also like to see some more of our backup running backs. Our starter is a beast, and maybe the best we've had in awhile, but our backups are great too and they can both hit quick cuts or jukes to get up field.

Occurding to Maxpreps they are all averaging over 7 yards a carry.

I'd like to see a faster substitution at the position. We've got the depth where we should never get caught with a running back that is out of breath or slower on his feet because he has already ran the ball four or five times during the drive. Sure would help take some pressure of our young QB.

Well I don't think Tatum will have to worry much with the option. I don't think I've seen one option play this year when our starting QB is in. He just isn't as mobile as the last few center QB's. But they might sneak in a few under the wildcat, which I personally hope to see more of. Our wildcat quarterback is pretty shifty and is, other than our starting running back, the hardest runner on the team.

On a side note:

I'd also like to see some more of our backup running backs. Our starter is a beast, and maybe the best we've had in awhile, but our backups are great too and they can both hit quick cuts or jukes to get up field.

Occurding to Maxpreps they are all averaging over 7 yards a carry.

I'd like to see a faster substitution at the position. We've got the depth where we should never get caught with a running back that is out of breath or slower on his feet because he has already ran the ball four or five times during the drive. Sure would help take some pressure of our young QB.

How well did the Wildcat look against Fairfield?

I know 100% for a fact that the stats on maxpreps are legit... Center is more dangerous then people give them credit for.

One thing to jump out at me is the sophomore QB coming to his own. He's pass for 521 yards these past two games.

Another thing I noticed is KJ Garrett is the man. He is also the common denominator.

Rush Yards

rushchart.png

Rec. Yards

recyrdchart.png

Passes thrown to.

recchart.png