UT recruiting

BRAD

Kyler had to know that there would be a lot of backlash from today's visit. So I think there's something to the visit. Especially since he also met with Augie to talk baseball. I'm not by any means saying he flips, but I just don't see Murray as a kid that trolls other schools.

I do find it very sad that my friend WETSU thinks if Murray would choose Texas it is because there was some type of shenanigans. Maybe dad doesn't like the air raid offense because it doesn't produce NFL QBs. Maybe they really like the blue collar approach of Strong over the Swag atmosphere of Sumlin. Nobody but the family really knows. All I can say is there is a chance, albeit a very small one, that Texas can land Murray because he at least drove down to Austin today to visit and speak with coaches.

If he was "serious" about those things you mentioned as potential draws to texas, he would have been considering them the whole time. It doesn't make sense for him to go from bashing texas on Twitter and heavily recruiting for A&M just last week, to taking this visit and realistically being interested in texas because he likes strongs approach and doesn't like sumlins.

If he was "serious" about those things you mentioned as potential draws to texas, he would have been considering them the whole time. It doesn't make sense for him to go from bashing texas on Twitter and heavily recruiting for A&M just last week, to taking this visit and realistically being interested in texas because he likes strongs approach and doesn't like sumlins.

I believe kyler is an aggie, so just take this with a grain of salt.

Say kyler truly is thinking about Texas. Maybe he kept it quiet because he saw the backlash daylon Mack rec'd by decommitting. You can't say that kyler is just playing the recruiting game. Wasn't he on an unofficial visit?

Chip Brown is saying the Gentry will visit Michigan this weekend.

He's also saying Strong and Watson will postpone their in-home visit until after his visit to Michigan. It was scheduled to happen today.

Texas has Kai Locksley coming in this weekend and although he is a good QB he isn't has highly touted as Gentry.

An interesting development...yesterday Dominique Reed a 4* JUCO WR said he would visit Texas this weekend. He had an in-home with WR coach Norvell, which recruited him at OU, after the in-home Reed was asked what Norvell and he talked about and why he chose to visit Texas. Reed said Norvell told him "Texas has decided to open it up on offense and with me being a fast WR I want to ball in my hands a lot".

If this is true and recruits are being told this, obviously Strong got the memo that if he wants Texas offensive high school players he should run some type of spread.

Would also be interesting if that was the pitch Kyler was given.

Ok sure man he hates Texas and has no intentions whatsoever of going there but yet him and his dad drove all the way to Austin because they had nothing better to do. Yeah ok

WETSU- If Murray signs with Texas there wont be any foul play to it. The only way he signs with Texas is he gets a chance for quick playing time and he just might want to play baseball for Augie. All the other stuff you mention about A&Ms offensive line ,wr, qb coach putting players in the league may all be true, but the above factors may make him sign with Texas. I would not bet on it. I would put the odds at 80% that he signs with A&M.

I'm not even suggesting there is a 5% chance of Kyler coming to Texas, but I didn't see anything on Twitter from Kyler Murray bashing Texas last week or any other time. Personally I think the kid has too much class to do such a thing. And it's no secret that dad doesn't care for Sumlin and the way he runs things.

I'm not even suggesting there is a 5% chance of Kyler coming to Texas, but I didn't see anything on Twitter from Kyler Murray bashing Texas last week or any other time. Personally I think the kid has too much class to do such a thing. And it's no secret that dad doesn't care for Sumlin and the way he runs things.

Would love to see some info on that last part. I've never seen that confirmed anywhere.

Ok sure man he hates Texas and has no intentions whatsoever of going there but yet him and his dad drove all the way to Austin because they had nothing better to do. Yeah ok

His uncle was a great baseball player for texas. Kevin Murray himself also has ties to the program somehow.

If you want to get excited over this visit by all means go ahead. But nothing is coming of it according to sources last night.

I haven't seen the twitter bashing of Texas can you copy and paste it for us please?

His uncle was a great baseball player for texas. Kevin Murray himself also has ties to the program somehow.

If you want to get excited over this visit by all means go ahead. But nothing is coming of it according to sources last night.

Of course Horns fans get excited! The top QB in the state visits Austin, with his dad and top WR, on his own dime. He talks baseball with the greatest college baseball coach of all time and then word comes out that Texas is going to open up their offense.

This is like Colt McCoys son visiting ATM out of the blue without Texas knowing about it. Do you think you'd get excited?? No one expects anything to come of it but there is more to it than just him enjoying the process.

Of course Horns fans get excited! The top QB in the state visits Austin, with his dad and top WR, on his own dime. He talks baseball with the greatest college baseball coach of all time and then word comes out that Texas is going to open up their offense.

This is like Colt McCoys son visiting ATM out of the blue without Texas knowing about it. Do you think you'd get excited?? No one expects anything to come of it but there is more to it than just him enjoying the process.

I don't see how you can believe there is more to it.... The kid didn't just all of the sudden consider them. Just last week he was recruiting heavily for A&M, telling people he was 100%. I don't think he all of the sudden thought "you know what, texas has so much more to offer than A&M, let me check them out."

I think Lodge wanted to visit and Murray drove him and they just got out of class and messed around for the day. I don't believe that attending Texas was truly even a thought in Murrays mind because of all the factors I mentioned a few post ago.

talking with some guys this morning and the sense is that the QB situation right will make or break Charlie Strong's coaching tenure at Texas. A very good point from a friend was that Strong must know Murray has a little interest in Texas or else he would be extremely worried about Gentry visiting Michigan.

Now we know losing Gentry while flirting with Murray would be devastating to the program that has zero answers at QB. The so many are asking if Strong knows he has a legit shot at KM. Regardless the next 2 weeks may make or break Charlie Strong.

I don't see how you can believe there is more to it.... The kid didn't just all of the sudden consider them. Just last week he was recruiting heavily for A&M, telling people he was 100%. I don't think he all of the sudden thought "you know what, texas has so much more to offer than A&M, let me check them out."

I think Lodge wanted to visit and Murray drove him and they just got out of class and messed around for the day. I don't believe that attending Texas was truly even a thought in Murrays mind because of all the factors I mentioned a few post ago.

This isn't my info but there are multiple Texas "insiders" that have been saying for a month that KM has interest in Texas and if he visits it would show his interest.

If those guys are correct then he didn't just decide this last week. Also Kevin Murray was on the visit as well.

This isn't my info but there are multiple Texas "insiders" that have been saying for a month that KM has interest in Texas and if he visits it would show his interest.

If those guys are correct then he didn't just decide this last week.

Multiple people said Kyler was going to flip to OU too and that didn't happen. People have been saying for weeks that texas has a silent qb commit and insinuating it's Murray.

The "nobody is going to Texas" comment made by Murray was done so last July....been a long time since then. That was his response when someone asked him his opinion as to whether or not he thought Malik Jefferson would go to Texas.....we obviously know how that one turned out too.

So it's no surprise that no one wants to look that up and post it, because it happened 7 months ago....not just a few days ago.

I also don't see a single person on here stating that they think Murray ends up at Texas. On the contrary, every single person giving an opinion on the matter has said they believe he still signs with A&M.

But if you truly think that a player would make a surprise visit, on his own dime, with his father, AND talk to the baseball coach while he's there, all to a program absolutely hated by the one he's currently committed to, all just because 'he's just enjoying the recruiting process', then you're crazy. Either A) It's the absolute best troll attempt ever by a recruit towards a program, or B) There IS some type of interest there.

Serious question then on that, was Norvell recruiting him at OU?

I think it was a collective effort. Mostly Stoops and Heupel though. Kyler followed the new OC moments after he was announced on twitter. I've heard he will be visiting Murray at some point before NSD. OU certainly isn't out of the picture. I still think it's an edge over Texas too.

I think it was a collective effort. Mostly Stoops and Heupel though. Kyler followed the new OC moments after he was announced on twitter. I've heard he will be visiting Murray at some point before NSD. OU certainly isn't out of the picture. I still think it's an edge over Texas too.

Thanks for the info!