Mineola vs BYE

gamewatcher63

Mineola vs BYE  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick this battle of the century

• Mineola
    • BYE

The Jackets come into BYE week at 2-2. Lost the first 2 games to Van and to Kaufman and then beat Wills Point and Brownsboro. All 4A-D1 except for WP. Thru the first 4 games the Jacket D allowed 27 ppg and the Off. scored 38 ppg.

Van game: final Van 42 Mineola 21. The Jackets moved the ball well in the first half but 3 turnovers allowed the Vandals to take a lead going into half. After half Van came out and moved the ball well and took over. The Jackets were outplayed for the half and Van wanted a "big" win to start off the season.

Kaufman game: Kaufman 41 Mineola 31. The Jackets lost this game on turnovers, pure and simple. Without 5 turnovers the Lions do not win. It was a disappointing loss but I saw some good things from the Jackets. The Def. played their tails off in the 4th quarter even after being on the field for to many plays due to the 5 turnovers. And the Off. made some plays and scored enough points to win if not for said turnovers. Van and Kaufman combined are 6-2, they are better than any teams the Jackets will see until they get deep in the play-offs.

Wills Point and Brownsboro games: Jackets won both games by combined score of 99-25. They did what your suppose to do to winless teams and they dominated them.

So the outlook for the rest of 2016: The Jackets will not play any team in district that is better than any of the teams they just played. I believe the Jackets expect to win district in dominating fashion. I hope to see mistake free play(no turnover, no ​bonehead penalties,). The Off. has scored 38 ppg against 4A competition and they averaged 39ppg last season. The Jacket Off. will score even without the twins, they have a new IHOP dish called the Cheese Pancake, it's tasty. And I expect the Def. to continue dominating just like they have the last 2 games. Some people are hoping that Mineola peaked last year and won't be able to go deep this year.....OK....we'll see. GO RODNEY'S!!!!!rodney-dangerfield.jpg