Alto Yellowjackets at Joaquin Rams

trueblue82

Who wins this game?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like?

I've been around Ram Football longer than probably anyone on here. I've seen a bunch of hard-working kids come through our program. We've never been blessed with a D1 level talent like a Reginald Davis. What we have been blessed with is tough, hard-nosed kids like Nate Belrose, Will Vaughn and Cole Leflett who play the game for all the right reasons. I'm not going to get in a debate which of them is the "greatest of all time", because that doesn't really matter to me, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter to them either. All of these kids, and others I could list that most of you never saw, weren't concerned with their individual performance. They played the game for their teammates, their school, and their community. It breaks my heart that Nate's career was cut short by injuries. He deserves better, but I don't think he looks at it from a "poor me" point of view. He wanted to win. That's all that matters. Let's drop the "GOAT" talk, and focus on supporting the team that takes the field Friday night. End of rant.

• Like 3

I've been around Ram Football longer than probably anyone on here. I've seen a bunch of hard-working kids come through our program. We've never been blessed with a D1 level talent like a Reginald Davis. What we have been blessed with is tough, hard-nosed kids like Nate Belrose, Will Vaughn and Cole Leflett who play the game for all the right reasons. I'm not going to get in a debate which of them is the "greatest of all time", because that doesn't really matter to me, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter to them either. All of these kids, and others I could list that most of you never saw, weren't concerned with their individual performance. They played the game for their teammates, their school, and their community. It breaks my heart that Nate's career was cut short by injuries. He deserves better, but I don't think he looks at it from a "poor me" point of view. He wanted to win. That's all that matters. Let's drop the "GOAT" talk, and focus on supporting the team that takes the field Friday night. End of rant.

+1

Just spoke my heart. I apologize.

So many of those boys in that class is my little Bro's.

I've said all along Joaquin would battle for 1st and a few people over here think I'm crazy. Now that they've lost the best player to ever wear a rams uniform, am I the only one over here that really still believes it?

Your going to say that because thats the best team Tenaha has faced..

I'll say Alto 35-7

• Like 1

I don't think Alto will win if they take the Rams light.

The Jackets are ready to go. Not taking anyone lightly at all. They have the mindset after Garrison to put the foot on the gas and not let up at all. The boys know that these games count. Glad we got punched in the mouth by Arp and had to battle against Garrison to win it 42-41 after being up 27-7 at half. They've tasted defeat and faced adversity. The Jackets are ready and a big Swarm is coming to Joaquin Friday night boys and girls!

Alto 34-14

• Like 1