10-4A Silsbee Tigers (7-4) vs 9-4A #1 Carthage Bulldogs (12-0)

silsbee92

Carthage vs Silsbee  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/02/2017 at 01:00 AM

29 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

One guy said Ingram isn't much faster than last year...........That is very much wrong.........He is much faster..........I am guessing his 100 meter time last football season was in the 11.2 or 11.3 range.........I bet it now is in the 10.7 range

Guess youll have to show me that post... never saw it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Even IF Silsbee is able to contain Ingram much like Henderson did... and they did it better than Anyone has this year; Capps, Dee Bowens, DeWaylon Ingram, & Co. will eat the Tiger secondary ALIVE......😳👌

Well it will definitely work in their favor if they run it flawless.  Our secondary has been pretty decent though.

Again, its about possessions.  IF we can control the game then it gives us a better chance.

Guess we'll see if Surratt can depend on his seven to handle our nine.  Unless of course he trusts his corners to man coverage, every play.

My guess is he goes with the latter.  No way he wants a successful ground game eating up the clock.

2 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

On SETXsports.............Sunday at 11:57 a.m...............by BMTSoulja1

"I don't know about their passing game, but I've seen video of their running style.  They're like us, except they run out of an offset I formation, but its a power run game.  O-Linemen block well, and Ingram isn't that much faster than last year, but he's a load to bring down.  You gotta hit this guy before he gets a full head of steam.  Our linemen will need to have a huge day. "

Reason I missed it the first time... Looking for different phrasing.

Semantics, but he did say isn't that much faster.... which can be deceptive if read to fast.

But I hear ya.

Again, the whole phrase is actually very complimentary to his skill set.

3 minutes ago, silsbee92 said:

"I don't know about their passing game, but I've seen video of their running style.  They're like us, except they run out of an offset I formation, but its a power run game.  O-Linemen block well, and Ingram isn't that much faster than last year, but he's a load to bring down.  You gotta hit this guy before he gets a full head of steam.  Our linemen will need to have a huge day. "

Reason I missed it the first time... Looking for different phrasing.

Semantics, but he did say isn't that much faster.... which can be deceptive if read to fast.

But I hear ya.

Again, the whole phrase is actually very complimentary to his skill set.

Think Le'Veon Bell of the Pittsburgh Steelers style of runner

Well... here we go.  24 hours from now one of the greatest teams in history will be playing football.

Heck, I cant go through with it,  Was really gonna lay it on thick but I just dont have it in me.

Ill still hit this thread now and then if anything relevant decides to show up.

TigerNation is coming to town and will bring a good team ready to play.

I look forward to it as always, and will not hold it against anyone from East Texas for the last 5-6 games that I have not gotten a dinner invitation.

Not how we do things down here...  really disappointed but then again, yall are quite harsh on one another and well...the potato salad ...

Dinner or Drinks just may not be yalls way of making acquaintances. 

Ill be praying for yall and yelling at the refs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, silsbee92 said:

Well... here we go.  24 hours from now one of the greatest teams in history will be playing football.

Heck, I cant go through with it,  Was really gonna lay it on thick but I just dont have it in me.

I look forward to it as always, and will not hold it against anyone from East Texas for the last 5-6 games that I have not gotten a dinner invitation.

Not how we do things down here...  really disappointed but then again, yall are quite harsh on one another and well...the potato salad ...

I will be eating at Butcher Boy's in Nacogdoches about 5:15 tomorrow.........Doubt you want to drive the extra 40 miles round trip to eat, lol

7 minutes ago, silsbee92 said:

It has fun talking football/trash with you again, Silsbee92; Come tomorrow night, win or lose, you have pretty much singlehanded fought the "slings & arrows" of us proud, albeit admittedly spoiled  rough & rowdy Carthage Bulldog fans. Your fierce loyaly to your Tigers is nothing short of  admirable! 

Silsbee92 I have enjoyed your comments, wish there were more Dawg opponents posters like you. 

You represent your team very well

I truly believe this is the best Dawg team we have ever had, notice I said team. We have had great teams in the past, but I believe the other great teams were great in different ways. In 08 we had an unbelievable D line and a running back that was the best in the state. 

09 we had that same D line, but the whole defense was unstoppable. 

10 we had the same QB, but his senior year he was the most accurate passer that I have ever seen at the high school level and two receivers that made madden type catches all year and one of the best O lines you could ask for. 

13 we had a team full of three year starters all over the field and a field general at QB. 

16 will be my all time favorite Dawg team, because of the heart those young men had and the will to win. The heart of a Lion in those players. They would not quit no matter what they faced. 

17 this Dawg team has big time talent all over the field on both sides of the ball. A lot of these young men will be playing on Saturdays and a few will play on Sundays one day. 

The Ace in the whole is coach Surratt and staff, I am a Dawg homer, but they are the best in the state at any classification. 

Silsbee is no doubt a very good football team, but everything will have to go their way to win this game. The Dawgs will have to make a lot of mistakes to loose this game. 

I read where someone said LaVega had the best defense, I don’t agree. If you take the points allowed by the starters before being pulled in most games in the third quarter. They would be leading 4A with the lowest point total allowed through 12 games. 

Sorry for being so long winded. 

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

I will be eating at Butcher Boy's in Nacogdoches about 5:15 tomorrow.........Doubt you want to drive the extra 40 miles round trip to eat, lol

Man I love butcher boys they have the best bbq  baked potatoes   I work in nacogdoches and will be heading to lufkin when I get off

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ctown81 said:

What did this kid say that was classless. I'm a Dawg fan but I thought it was a good interview. He's cocky but that's OK. They are just two different kids. 

I agree that they're different- and it doesn't make one right or wrong. Don't think he's necessarily classless. However, in my opinion, I think a lot more of someone being humble, as Keaontay has been. He knows how good he is, there's constant hype surrounding him, and yet, he also is always sure to give credit to his coaches and teammates. Football playing days will always be numbered. I think much later down the road, a guy like Keaontay will gain more respect in the long run with his attitude. He's who I would pick to be a role model for my kids. Again, not right or wrong- just my opinion! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, silsbee92 said:

Exactly.  I think it was because he mentioned Carthage by name.  I keep hearing the same thing over and over...

Cant get a response.  Le me know if you get one please.

Sorry for the late reply. I did respond a few minutes ago- just now getting a chance to log in today!

Please read my comment to ctown81. I PROMISE my view on his interview has NOTHING to do with him mentioning Carthage. 

I just think about my own kids and how we try to raise them. If they were to look up to only one of those two mentioned players, I would hope they would pick someone with Keaontay's attitude. Nothing more. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lion70 said:

Henderson yes still can't root for kilgore .

Question, Lion70... you obviously can't stand Carthage and you obviously can't stand Kilgore. It's good to root for your home team, of course! But- IF Carthage or Kilgore went forward to state and you HAD to choose, would you pull for one of them then? In your home district? 

17 minutes ago, 75633 said:

Sorry for the late reply. I did respond a few minutes ago- just now getting a chance to log in today!

Please read my comment to ctown81. I PROMISE my view on his interview has NOTHING to do with him mentioning Carthage. 

I just think about my own kids and how we try to raise them. If they were to look up to only one of those two mentioned players, I would hope they would pick someone with Keaontay's attitude. Nothing more. 

There's nothing at all wrong with anything "Boogie" Barnes said; Remember, these are the words of a kid who is just proud of his accomplisments to date...let him bask in the Sun while it lasts; If revenge is what he wants over Carthage, he'll probably graduate without getting it Or that next medal he so desperately wants. 

You Do have to admire his determination, regardless. 👌

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

It has fun talking football/trash with you again, Silsbee92; Come tomorrow night, win or lose, you have pretty much singlehanded fought the "slings & arrows" of us proud, albeit admittedly spoiled  rough & rowdy Carthage Bulldog fans. Your fierce loyaly to your Tigers is nothing short of  admirable! 

Hear! Hear! 🍻

25 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

There's nothing at all wrong with anything "Boogie" Barnes said; Remember, these are the words of a kid who is just proud of his accomplisments to date...let him bask in the Sun while it lasts; If revenge is what he wants over Carthage, he'll probably graduate without getting it Or that next medal he so desperately wants. 

You Do have to admire his determination, regardless. 👌

Yes 👍🏼

45 minutes ago, 75633 said:

Question, Lion70... you obviously can't stand Carthage and you obviously can't stand Kilgore. It's good to root for your home team, of course! But- IF Carthage or Kilgore went forward to state and you HAD to choose, would you pull for one of them then? In your home district? 

I was wanting to ask Lion70 the exact same thing. Don’t think he will answer tho cuz he’s so set on Henderson being the best