Newton @ Gilmer

Purpleforever

Newton@Gilmer who you got  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/28/2019 at 12:30 AM

2 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I’m a fan. Wasn’t a fan while receiving that ### whooping last year. Was a fan from the get go when we walked out on the field expecting arrogant players but instead met some of the most humble young men I’ve ever talked to. Didn’t really know much about Newton, then learned about Coach Johnston’s health battles and his relationship with Barlow. It’s like a Lifetime Channel episode. I really respect yalls program. 

You need some Newton gear lol

3 hours ago, AmphibiousRodent said:

Well those polls are by a bunch of Amateurs.  Not sure what poll you're specifically talking about. But if Newton beats any, and I mean any 2A team, it's not and upset. But if any 2A team beats Newton or Canadian that would be and upset or it should be. I'm not going to brag about beating the #1 2A team if I'm a 3A team. Particularly if I'm a top 5 3A team. If I don't beat them I might want to reevaluate my program. Or I might say, what are these guys doing right. I might want to emulate their program.  Everyone who isn't winning should probably say that. Unless losing is acceptable to to them. Everyone can't win unfortunately,  but they should be able to compete. But as for as lets say, Newto suits up 35 player's and it's 4A opponent suits up 35 players. Well the 4 A team has a lot bigger student body to pull great athletes from. With good coaching and a good fan base and a winning tradition,  it almost makes it a sure thing that the 4A team will have better athletes.  Maybe not the best athlete,  or even the 2 best athletes.  But odds are, they will. But, the odds much better that they will have a lot more good athletes than the smaller school. Thusly, they should not be and underdog, or it being and upset if Newton loses. No matter who wins this game darn good teams are taking the field, with both teams having excellent programs and I have nothing negative to say about Gilmer. This game can go either way IMO. I don't really like to hear either teams fans talking a lot of smack.

I saw y’all was at the game Friday. What you don’t know there is a lot more to gilmer offense than what you saw #1 and #2 we beat ourselves with penalties and lack of clock control 

On 9/24/2019 at 1:08 PM, Newton2003 said:

Well from what i seen Friday we should win the game if we play like we been playing no mistakes to keep them in it i think thats the difference from last year's Carthage Gilmer game they didnt make the mistakes they made last year early in the game so they were able to hang around we have to score a lot in the first half cause if not its going to be a tough second half trying to hold them off

1 hour ago, Buckeyelove said:

I saw y’all was at the game Friday. What you don’t know there is a lot more to gilmer offense than what you saw #1 and #2 we beat ourselves with penalties and lack of clock control 

Ya i was there and both teams didn't do well at all but the score could have been alot like last year if Carthage wouldn't have dropped some passes so maybe yall are the same as last year and Carthage isn't as good as they think they are they will find out just how good they are next friday

2 hours ago, Buckeyelove said:

Surely you don’t believe that do you?  I mean the Bux came to play and made Carthage work for the W, but penalties and lack of clock control were minor factors in the loss for Gilmer.

35 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Surely you don’t believe that do you?  I mean the Bux came to play and made Carthage work for the W, but penalties and lack of clock control were minor factors in the loss for Gilmer.

Man yall should have blown the doors off them alot of dropped balls that night 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Buckeyelove said:

You do know Gilmer had just 30 yards rushing and 184 total.

Dawgs played the worst game they could play. Two dropped touch downs with nobody within 5 yards, can't count the over throws for touch downs and the under thrown balls, and how about all the dropped balls. Your QB through more passes out of bounds to keep from being sacked. The Gilmer defense played a great ball game. The Buckeye D line whipped the best O line in 4A for two and half Quarters but in the fourth, the real Dawgs showed up and reminded us Dawg fans that they are for real. The Dawg D won the ball game and the Gilmer D kept them in the ball game. 

I will be willing to bet coach S and coach P lit some rear ends up after showing the Dawgs the film of that game.

• Thumbs Down 1

20 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

You do know Gilmer had just 30 yards rushing and 184 total.

Dawgs played the worst game they could play. Two dropped touch downs with nobody within 5 yards, can't count the over throws for touch downs and the under thrown balls, and how about all the dropped balls. Your QB through more passes out of bounds to keep from being sacked. The Gilmer defense played a great ball game. The Buckeye D line whipped the best O line in 4A for two and half Quarters but in the fourth, the real Dawgs showed up and reminded us Dawg fans that they are for real. The Dawg D won the ball game and the Gilmer D kept them in the ball game. 

I will be willing to bet coach S and coach P lit some rear ends up after showing the Dawgs the film of that game.

Cool story bro, but isn't that all just part of the game?  Dropped passes, overthrown and under thrown passes, missed routes, trips, slips,fumbles all just part of the game.  If that's what was played then that's how they played, that was Carthage that given night.   So what if gilmer connected on all passes and didn't throw any interceptions.  If you have what ifs for one team gotta give it to both.  Carthage is a good team for sure, and I root for them any other time but give gilmer some credit. 

6 hours ago, Buckeyelove said:

Buckeyelove. I do love my buckeyes but you trippin. We competed well and got out of town. Be thankful and move on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StangtilDeath said:

Cool story bro, but isn't that all just part of the game?  Dropped passes, overthrown and under thrown passes, missed routes, trips, slips,fumbles all just part of the game.  If that's what was played then that's how they played, that was Carthage that given night.   So what if gilmer connected on all passes and didn't throw any interceptions.  If you have what ifs for one team gotta give it to both.  Carthage is a good team for sure, and I root for them any other time but give gilmer some credit. 

Good post, I think the main point attempted to be made is Carthage usually doesn’t miss on nearly that many passes and expects those to be completions. You’re correct, that was Carthage on that particular night and it’s why they play the games, gotta execute. 

9 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Good post, I think the main point attempted to be made is Carthage usually doesn’t miss on nearly that many passes and expects those to be completions. You’re correct, that was Carthage on that particular night and it’s why they play the games, gotta execute. 

This post is 100% on point. 🎯 And please don’t mistake me, Newton will have to fight hard to win this. All bs aside, it will be good game and nobody will get blown out. 

On 9/24/2019 at 6:06 PM, NATUREBOY98 said:

I’m a fan. Wasn’t a fan while receiving that ### whooping last year. Was a fan from the get go when we walked out on the field expecting arrogant players but instead met some of the most humble young men I’ve ever talked to. Didn’t really know much about Newton, then learned about Coach Johnston’s health battles and his relationship with Barlow. It’s like a Lifetime Channel episode. I really respect yalls program. 

Sure makes me proud to be an Eagle when I read stuff like this. I was wondering why you liked us so much, lol. 

16 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

True. Thought y’all were going to break 80. I’m pretty sure he told that kicker to muff that field goal. Kid was booting it out of the end zone center of the uprights on kickoffs but misses a 25 yard FG by a mile. I don’t think so lol

He was legit. He’s gone though. We have no kicking game, lol.

5 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Good deal

So what y’all having a boy or girl? I have never seen someone #### up to another person so much lol. It’s like you cut for newton more than u do your own team. But hey if I was from pewitt I would find me a team to idolize too, might as well be newton since they could of put a 100 on y’all 

• Stinks 3