CRT Could Cause Schools To Lose AP

BarryLaverty

5 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

There are actually courses that can be offered in public schools using the Bible, Old Testament and New Testament, and I have seen it in English literature many times. Fellowship of Christian Athlete chapters are in most schools, as are many religious affiliated groups. So, yeah, the Bible is all the way there, not to mention a mandated 'moment of silence' every day. 

Id like to see these courses if you have a link. 

You still didn't answer my question.  The Supreme Court banned required teaching of the Bible.  Are you OK with them banning the Bible? 

8 hours ago, trashyhound said:

You still didn't answer my question.  The Supreme Court banned required teaching of the Bible.  Are you OK with them banning the Bible? 

https://tea.texas.gov/sites/default/files/Bible Literacy FAQ_2011.pdf

'Banning the Bible'? What are you talking about? 

5 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Ah, not a fan of those who seek to prevent state sponsored religious beliefs and practices, I see, as a part of a student's day in compulsory education. Okay...

What? How did you come to that conclusion? 

I just asked you what you thought of the Bible being banned as required material. So,  what say ye?

23 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

What? How did you come to that conclusion? 

I just asked you what you thought of the Bible being banned as required material. So,  what say ye?

Why would the Bible be required reading, unless it were a specific part of a course? Why not the Torah? Why not the Koran? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BarryLaverty said:

Why would the Bible be required reading, unless it were a specific part of a course? Why not the Torah? Why not the Koran? 

Because someone/s finds it educational and beneficial i guess.  The Bible is required reading in many private Christian schools,  but it's not allowed to be in public schools. 

Back to my original question please,  

Are you OK with the Bible being banned from mandatory reading in public schools? 

8 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Because someone/s finds it educational and beneficial i guess.  The Bible is required reading in many private Christian schools,  but it's not allowed to be in public schools. 

Are you OK with the Bible being banned from mandatory reading in public schools? 

YES!!!!!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Yep, absolutely. 

2 hours ago, trashyhound said:

So I can't see how you can support the ban of the Bible,  but be so opposed to banning CRT. 

It seems to me that you should either be against banning all books or not.  

I think I made it plain that I don't support any ban of any book, but in the Bible's case, you used the term mandatory reading, and that I can't support and shouldn't. 

59 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I think I made it plain that I don't support any ban of any book, but in the Bible's case, you used the term mandatory reading, and that I can't support and shouldn't. 

Why not?  We make other books mandatory.  You don't have to have a pastor telling the kids they have to follow it.

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Which is kind of the point.  You're against the Bible being mandatory yet you're OK with the school using books that promote, teach and contain CRT nonsense.  

Seems to me that you only care about the banning of certain books

18 hours ago, trashyhound said:

They can easily be found online.  Just google CRT, 1619 Project, Equity Collaborative, or Karl Marx's theory of class struggle.  Yesterday was the 186th anniversary of the fall of the Alamo.  Yet, they believe that the entire Texas goal for Independence was all for slavery and nothing more.  Tejano's and free black men had been fighting against Mexican rule for many years before Anglo's even joined the fight.  Instead they would probably require "Forget the Alamo" which is slanted, and only includes derogatory writings from obscure Historians of the past.  It's a one sided hit job to make all white's look bad, because of the actions and words of a few.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveTV1 said:

They can easily be found online.  Just google CRT, 1619 Project, Equity Collaborative, or Karl Marx's theory of class struggle.  Yesterday was the 186th anniversary of the fall of the Alamo.  Yet, they believe that the entire Texas goal for Independence was all for slavery and nothing more.  Tejano's and free black men had been fighting against Mexican rule for many years before Anglo's even joined the fight.  Instead they would probably require "Forget the Alamo" which is slanted, and only includes derogatory writings from obscure Historians of the past.  It's a one sided hit job to make all white's look bad, because of the actions and words of a few.  

Oh I know.  

I just find it funny that the ones who complain about banning books are the first ones in line to ban the Bible.  

Funny how those are always on the left

7 hours ago, trashyhound said:

I actually am against the Bible not being taught as mandatory reading in public schools.  That should be reserved for churches.  I do believe however that it can be offered as an elective as it is in many school districts.  Schools are there to educate students on Math, Science, History, Language Arts, and other electives that will help them in the world.  When I was in school, I was at church every Sunday and also one hour a day from 6 am-7pm M-F for Seminary, Monday night was Family Home Evening in my house where a scriptural lesson was taught, then we had MIA which stood for Mutual Improvement Association, and then every third Saturday we had Stake meetings from 4-5 pm.  I wouldn't have wanted another 5 hours of reading the Bible in class, and I probably would have done other homework, and still aced any test.  If a kid wants to read the Bible they can do it during homeroom, at home, or at church.  The problem we have with many of the youth of America not attending church is because their parents don't go to church anymore.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

Yesterday was the 186th anniversary of the fall of the Alamo.  Yet, they believe that the entire Texas goal for Independence was all for slavery and nothing more.  Tejano's and free black men had been fighting against Mexican rule for many years before Anglo's even joined the fight.

"Remember the Alamo"

On 3/6/2022 at 1:59 PM, SloppyJoe said:

The Bible is a historically proven document while CRT is a rainbow slanted fantasy wish list of accusations which claims all slave owners were white supremacist and Indians were like a single unified nation which never battled each other or no one but anglo immigrants. 

This man trying to justify attempted genocide. Lol

On 3/6/2022 at 4:40 PM, DB2point0 said:

Moment of silence took the place of actual prayer.  

This is too funny. No one outlawed prayer in schools. Students are free to pray in the moment of silence. Jesus says pray in private, but conservative Christians want to have public prayer. Can't make this stuff up.

On 3/6/2022 at 6:00 PM, DaveTV1 said:

It's not completely made up, but the facts are presented in a light that are contrary to what the people in the past wrote and what many Historians deem as what happened.  It is opinionated History to make all whites of the past as being racist in some form or fashion.  

CRT is a college elective course about systemic racism.

On 3/6/2022 at 1:59 PM, SloppyJoe said:

The Bible is a historically proven document while CRT is a rainbow slanted fantasy wish list of accusations which claims all slave owners were white supremacist and Indians were like a single unified nation which never battled each other or no one but anglo immigrants. 

I'm very interested in this. Can you provide links? 

5 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

So because something is taught in college makes it true?  Historical geology teaches a lot of things that can’t be proven.  

The effect of systemic racism against blacks in history is common knowledge. It's an elective course. Why does it bother you? Heck there's even a college who has an elective course on batman.

8 hours ago, ctown81 said:

This is too funny. No one outlawed prayer in schools. Students are free to pray in the moment of silence. Jesus says pray in private, but conservative Christians want to have public prayer. Can't make this stuff up.

The converse of that is people have complained that a "moment of silence" is just a way to "sneak prayer into schools", and that "you know what that moment of silence is REALLY for."

And yes, I've seen/heard both of those arguments made.

2 hours ago, ctown81 said:

The effect of systemic racism against blacks in history is common knowledge. It's an elective course. Why does it bother you? Heck there's even a college who has an elective course on batman.

I’d sign up for the Batman course, always been a big Batman fan!  

The main conversation:

So, I’d contend racism from whites towards blacks is currently at an all-time low. Yet, here we are still opining over it.

I’d love if we white folks could just live and quit being beaten over the head with how mean white people have been toward blacks in the past. 

How about we focus on today, and enjoying each other’s company, skills and talents and look forward?

Morgan Freeman suggested to quit talking about it, because it’s like always playing the victim, and in doing so actually make white people feel like, “Here we go again….. 😒” 

By overwhelming percentages, I’d argue white people are over it and not racist in the least. 
I’d also argue as a whole blacks are currently more racist toward whites than whites are toward blacks, because blacks can’t let go of the past.

I do understand it must be hard to let go of the feeling you’ve been wronged by the white folks. I’ll never know how that feels, and acknowledge that to you fully. 
I am not trying to discount the hurt you have felt or do feel personally, because I don’t know what your experiences have been in your life.

What I can tell you is my belief is white people aren’t inherently racist, and I don’t think blacks are either.

I think politicians from the D side always lean on racism as a way to rile people up, try to show how they’re the party of the black folks and try to secure your vote, that’s all they’ve ever done.
Your life is not better by any actions Democrats have taken in D.C. 

My opinion is if Russia decided to bring their piddly army over here and begin attacking us (that’d be all of us - AMERICANS OF ALL COLORS) we’d join together so fast and so hard this racism junk would fall by the wayside faster than Usain Bolt runs the 100 meters!
Why can’t we be in that place all the time, and realize that racism we see from whites or racism from blacks is truly a one-off and not the norm or anywhere close to the norm? 
I know white folks aren’t perfect, neither are blacks or Asians.
We have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.  
We all need to exercise some empathy toward one another, think before we speak and react - be deliberate in the actions we take.

I thought about my statement above before pressing the submit button on this post, the statement that I believe blacks are currently more racist toward whites than whites are toward blacks. I am aware some may believe that to be controversial, but I think it’s accurate and we can’t be afraid to call a spade a spade if we believe it to be so.

Could you imagine the knee jerk reactions you’d get if you said that on The View??!!! Hahaha!

Joy B would completely lose her mind all in an attempt to prove to you how NOT racist she is. It wouldn’t be she doesn’t believe the statement to be true, it’d only be about optics, and her trying to show the people in the audience and the audience watching on TV how she is so appalled by even the notion that blacks may be more racist than whites.  It’s a game that’s being played all across America yet there are still people who can’t talk about anything but how racist whites even though whites everywhere bend over backwards every day to show the world how not racist they are.

We come together to watch and cheer for our Bulldogs and have no problems. Our Bulldogs come together and play for and with one another and win championships under one of the greatest coaches in Texas High School football history. He’s white and depends on his black, white and brown boys to get the job done.

Our country depends on black, white and brown people every day to keep it running even when the Democrats want to lock us down due to a virus with a 1% mortality rate….haha 😬😂😡

By and large, white folks just want to live in harmony with everyone, go to work, do a good job and enjoy their family and friends, which many times includes black people.

Let’s do that together and appreciate each other instead of battling.

• Thanks 2