Illegal hub right here in Texas

Coach Rab

52 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

My thought is to reform immigration and work actually productively in a bipartisan manner on a clear, doable path to citizenship. Then, taxes are paid and people can stop being illegal if they are here to be workers.  But, that's a pipe dream in our current climate. 

Slow Joe has been in the federal government for 50 years.  He hasn't done anything in all that time.

We all want immigration reform, but your side wants to let all the illegals who get here before the reform just be granted citizenship which encourages the race we see to get here now.

Secure the border, deport illegals, especially violent ones, then reform the immigration system to make it more efficient.

I am going to disagree with everyone.....first, deport anyone in this country ILLEGALLY as they CRIMINALS....

Second, militarily enforce the borders, 

Third, enforce the rules we have on the books already.....give 10 years to see if they work. If they don't work, then reform some of them, but either way our current political climate loves them some ILLEGAL CRIMINALS....one for voting purposes, the other for cheap labor. But no one gives a :poop: about them at all. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

My thought is to reform immigration and work actually productively in a bipartisan manner on a clear, doable path to citizenship. Then, taxes are paid and people can stop being illegal if they are here to be workers.  But, that's a pipe dream in our current climate. 

I will agree on one condition, everyone here illegally has to return to their country of origin and start the process there

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

I am going to disagree with everyone.....first, deport anyone in this country ILLEGALLY as they CRIMINALS....

Third, enforce the rules we have on the books already.....give 10 years to see if they work. If they don't work, then reform some of them, but either way our current political climate loves them some ILLEGAL CRIMINALS....one for voting purposes, the other for cheap labor. But no one gives a :poop: about them at all. 

I'll add to the work and they have to become a citizen otherwise they've overstayed their work visa.  That's why I've never understood the DACA program, some of those "Dreamers" have been here for 30 years and none took the time to become a citizen.  Why ?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

What is so hard about citizenship now?  From my understanding, the process takes too terribly long, but its not an overly difficult process to complete.

Here are a few of my thoughts:

1. I am not sure that I love the expense of a border wall.  Eventually it will get rundown etc, and become a useless talking point.  

2. We should have more manpower monitoring the border.  At least 2 military personnel per mile from Texas to California at all times.  

3. The US Government is giving out trackers in cell phones to illegals now.  Instead of the current system, why can't we assign trackers for legal non-citizen workers?

4. Someone has mentioned this before on here, but why is the fight with just the individual trying to come here to work?  We should be going directly after the real problem which are the companies that use cash funds to basically encourage illegal entry for work.

5. How do you stop the cartel and their drug ring?  You don't.  They are going to find ways to get their drugs here.  Just make it harder for them, which takes us back to #2.  If they can't drive/smuggle stuff over on land, you force them to do it by air and sea, which is a lot easier to track and way more expensive for them.

6. If we want to go full redneck militant on illegal immigration, install a kill on site order for illegal entry into the US.  That will deter entry for sure for many.

7. or this option, ACTUALLY ARREST THEM, MAKE IT A US FELONY, BUILD A PRISON FOR JUST ILLEGAL ENTRIES INTO THE US, AND MAKE THEM DO HARD LABOR FOR FREE FOR A YEAR OR SO BEFORE SENDING THEM BACK HOME.  Think of the actual US revenue that we are missing out on here.  You could make it a 1 year minimum for just illegal entry, then tack on whatever for drugs and violent crimes.

There are too many hoops to jump through in our government to make it work.  One, we have too many people in Congress, and 2 we have too many steps in the legal process that can leave anything like this hung in the balance for years.

19 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

In other words, don't build the wall, don't control the border, don't stop the drugs or human trafficking .... and keep the illegals out of our sanctuary cities ..... "bipartisan" to the Dims is do exactly what we want or you are a racist ....

1 hour ago, Coach Rab said:

Here are a few of my thoughts:

1. I am not sure that I love the expense of a border wall.  Eventually it will get rundown etc, and become a useless talking point.  

2. We should have more manpower monitoring the border.  At least 2 military personnel per mile from Texas to California at all times.  

3. The US Government is giving out trackers in cell phones to illegals now.  Instead of the current system, why can't we assign trackers for legal non-citizen workers?

4. Someone has mentioned this before on here, but why is the fight with just the individual trying to come here to work?  We should be going directly after the real problem which are the companies that use cash funds to basically encourage illegal entry for work.

5. How do you stop the cartel and their drug ring?  You don't.  They are going to find ways to get their drugs here.  Just make it harder for them, which takes us back to #2.  If they can't drive/smuggle stuff over on land, you force them to do it by air and sea, which is a lot easier to track and way more expensive for them.

6. If we want to go full redneck militant on illegal immigration, install a kill on site order for illegal entry into the US.  That will deter entry for sure for many.

7. or this option, ACTUALLY ARREST THEM, MAKE IT A US FELONY, BUILD A PRISON FOR JUST ILLEGAL ENTRIES INTO THE US, AND MAKE THEM DO HARD LABOR FOR FREE FOR A YEAR OR SO BEFORE SENDING THEM BACK HOME.  Think of the actual US revenue that we are missing out on here.  You could make it a 1 year minimum for just illegal entry, then tack on whatever for drugs and violent crimes.

There are too many hoops to jump through in our government to make it work.  One, we have too many people in Congress, and 2 we have too many steps in the legal process that can leave anything like this hung in the balance for years.

Weak, limp, ineffective ...

20 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

I totally agree except for one thing.  Impose a moratorium on immigration that mirrors how long the border was not secured.  They gave blanket amnesty back in the 80's when Reagan made a deal with the D's (mistake.) We got the amnesty but no border security. Halt all immigration for no less than 30 years to allow for assimilation of those we don't deport.  "A country without a border isn't really a country."

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2023 at 6:18 AM, Coach Rab said:

Most go through the actual manned checkpoint.  It cost 1,000 a week to buy off a border patrolman who mans the actual gate.  More if you check the Tractor-Trailer section.  The guy pulls up to the checkpoint  singing a certain song gets waived through with no check.  Only small timers go through the dessert and non-manned areas.  This is from an ex-border patrol who was a shift supervisor for a large crossing.  Don't ever challenge the system , or you will get a picture of your wife and kids going to school or shopping taped on your windshield.  He quit because the job was wasting his time.  

Edited by BlahBlah