Why is Pewitt so down

runupthamiddle

8 minutes ago, DogEatDog said:

It may be better. But what place do they get if they are in the cooper/honey grove district? 3-4….. what about the Beckville, frankston, Harlton district? 3-4. Dropping is not just a quick fix. 

It makes them competitive. Just looking at numbers they will drop. EF and Waskom will drop and LK is coming back up. If you add Ore City and Harleton to that group which makes sense to me that they would be a district. 6 teams I have to think they are finishing 2nd. Thats a lot better  

Unfortunately, PP has fallen victim to being small town USA.  Kids graduate and leave town for better jobs.  20 years ago we saw the same thing at L-K.  A once powerful FB school that was in the conference with Gilmer, Tatum, SH, etc. is now playing the likes of JB, Maud, and Detroit.  Sad deal.  Include Clarksville in the same catigory.  

On 10/30/2023 at 11:02 AM, runupthamiddle said:

Coaching change is much needed and apparently a big possibility. 

Why do you think a coaching change is needed? Dorsey is all about them kids. Just because the talent isn't like it use to be means there should be a coaching change. The coaches can't pad up anymore. 

1 hour ago, RonBurgundy said:

Why do you think a coaching change is needed? Dorsey is all about them kids. Just because the talent isn't like it use to be means there should be a coaching change. The coaches can't pad up anymore. 

Talent? This isnt one rough season, it is 3. We arent talking about just Varsity wins, we dont win at any level. Funny how fast the "talent" dried up from 7th to 12th grade. hey, at least we are talented in getting penalties. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2023 at 6:56 AM, oldhornet said:

Unfortunately, PP has fallen victim to being small town USA.  Kids graduate and leave town for better jobs.  20 years ago we saw the same thing at L-K.  A once powerful FB school that was in the conference with Gilmer, Tatum, SH, etc. is now playing the likes of JB, Maud, and Detroit.  Sad deal.  Include Clarksville in the same catigory.  

I hate to be the one saying this, but I have been to Omaha and helped with some of their injury stuff a while back...  There is nothing there except basically farm land.  I would have a hard time hoping someone who doesn't own that farm land to stay and give up their future to try and breed football players.  This economy sucks, and I am sure it sucks even more if your job is in Omaha.  Unless you work at the plant in Ore City, what is the next best paying job nearby?  Just asking out of curiosity.  

I love the country, but I would take a $40,000 pay cut to work in a small rural ETX town compared to what I make around DFW.

1 hour ago, Coach Rab said:

It's impossible to mess up DQ Steak fingers

Man I will order steak fingers by themselves and they will come with gravy. I then go home make make pack of instant mashed potatoes. Put those potatoes on top of the steak fingers then put the gravy on top of all of it.... Fat boy chronicles   

• Love 1

On 11/1/2023 at 9:28 AM, runupthamiddle said:

Talent? This isnt one rough season, it is 3. We arent talking about just Varsity wins, we dont win at any level. Funny how fast the "talent" dried up from 7th to 12th grade. hey, at least we are talented in getting penalties. 

So whats the answer?