Queen City .... what's going on with Coach Droddy ?

Snoopy52

On 2/19/2024 at 10:36 AM, BulldogBob said:

Some schools seem to think the answer is always running off the coach.  In reality, it is usually a case of administration covering themselves and giving into pressure from people who have no idea what it takes to run a program.  This is one crazy business.......

Yep, have seen this first hand. Shame

I heard this was down to 2 OCs with no head coaching experience. To think you can come in and run a program like QC with no experience is asinine. Which ever one gets it will soon realize he bit off more than he could chew.

7 minutes ago, HeatTested said:

I heard this was down to 2 OCs with no head coaching experience. To think you can come in and run a program like QC with no experience is asinine. Which ever one gets it will soon realize he bit off more than he could chew.

I guess you are meaning because of the issues stated in QC it would be asinine or what? a lot of HC/ADs are giving younger coaches more responsibilities so that when they do get the opportunity they dont go into it completely blind to what has to be done as a HC/AD. no clue who QC will hire but it would be a really tough sell for a successful HC to want to go there so you'd have to go the young upside route.  

2 hours ago, Tex85 said:

I guess you are meaning because of the issues stated in QC it would be asinine or what? a lot of HC/ADs are giving younger coaches more responsibilities so that when they do get the opportunity they dont go into it completely blind to what has to be done as a HC/AD. no clue who QC will hire but it would be a really tough sell for a successful HC to want to go there so you'd have to go the young upside route.  

I’m speaking on the admin/board, their new district, and the talent there. I understand wanting a head job, but this a bad career move.

15 hours ago, Tex85 said:

Lol…. Well he ain’t young! This just baffles me. 

The parents on the school board and their friends must have saw at the school he came from let the kids act however they want and get away with whatever they want and thought, “I too would like my kid to not be held accountable.” 

I don't understand this from both sides. Fire the winningest coach in program history for a first time HC. I understand this guy is getting his first job and maybe that's all he wanted, but what stability are you giving your family? You are signing up to be ran off in 3 years max. If you don't do better than the guy that has 20% of the schools all time playoff appearances. 

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

I don't understand this from both sides. Fire the winningest coach in program history for a first time HC. I understand this guy is getting his first job and maybe that's all he wanted, but what stability are you giving your family? You are signing up to be ran off in 3 years max. If you don't do better than the guy that has 20% of the schools all time playoff appearances. 

I’m 90% sure that he’s never even called offense lol

as long as he treats the school board members kids and their friends kids right he will be fine regardless of W/L

5 minutes ago, BEASTeastTX said:

I’m 90% sure that he’s never even called offense lol

as long as he treats the school board members kids and their friends kids right he will be fine regardless of W/L

they ran the spread at harmony right?