• Marshall in a close one
    • Marshall in a blowout
    • Texas High in a close one
    • Texas High in a close one

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Mavericks don't turn the ball over it will be a tough game for us to win on the road. IMO Texas High will have to score on 4 of every 5 possessions to win this one. I'm expecting a high scoring game in this matchup.

How is Texas Highs defense this year

Our game against Texas High last year was one of the most frustrating things I had ever had to sit and endure.

Our offense squatted.....completely. There have been few times in all the years I've been going to games that I felt the Mavs played as poorly as they did in that game.

If they have any fire in their bellies at ALL.....win or lose.... they will make sure the Tigers are in a game to the end.

The next two games, IMO, will set the tone for the playoffs.

We lost to Longview, but so has everyone else. Move past that and know that this district has not been decided. If Marshall can finish strong in the final 3 games, then the playoffs will feel like it's something to be excited about.

But if we replicate what we did last year in the Long, Tex, SS trifecta..... then the playoffs could have the same empty feeling they had last season.

Last year in the final 3 games we had the excuse of losing our starting QB, a huge chunk of our offensive line, our RB, and a peice of our defense.

We are healthy this year.....no excuses.

Now lets go see what kind of fortitude these guys have. I can't wait.

I am taking Marshall (ofcourse) barring a clean performance on both sides of the ball. Our DBs still look like they need to be a bit more disciplined in their coverage, although Longview is not a good game to really judge coverage on. 50 yard passes downfield is just a game of speed vs speed.

Are you the Marshall version of Lobo97?

UGH.

I am sorry MAVchamp for stating my opinion in the same why their opinion was stated. ANd i am sorry for taking up for the MAVricks.

No i am not Lobo97, I did not agree with the comment "dont hate if you shank a extra point"

The kicker brought up for the Mavericks is actually perfect so far. Sorry for being so blunt i was tired. my apologies boardertown. <--------I am not being sarcastic either

IF T-High plays the way they did against MP they stand no chance sorry not tryin to be rude but it was pretty sloppy the first half, definately cant start the game with the first play as an interception again, and not very wondrous the second half either but at least you pulled out with a "W"

Look who's talkin!! :whome: :rofl: :rofl:

No disrespect to Marshall But ill take T-High by 17 with Sutton having a big game!!

t-high-24

marshall-7

It won't be that bad unless Marshall turns it over consecutive times again. Still hung up on how a team looks in a scrimmage? Jax didn't look too good in their scrimmage against Pine Tree and look how they started the season. You think a real game with LE and Marshall would be even too? Although Marshall did start the year very sloppy against Jax the week after. It may have been a close game if they did play a real game that week. But it usually takes awhile for Marshall to gel as a team, and put players at their correct positions.