Lufkin vs John Curtis now a go

Gametyme

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is John Curtis still the same power they have always been?

They have been ranked fairly high nationally the past couple of years and they are always potent. I'm not sure Lufkin is as good as they have been in the past. It's hard to say how this one would go, but I would think JC would be the stronger team. That said, I would love to see Lufkin put them in their place.

Two teams dropped out and I think Acadiana was one of them, thus Lufkin getting paired with John Curtis. Lufkin is never afraid to play really good programs and whether we are as good as in past years is yet to be determined. We have not been the last few although we did go 3 rounds deep in 2012. You want to be tested and I think Longview, Tyler Lee and John Curtis in a row is a great test, win or lose, before district play, don't you think?

http://lufkinpanthersports.invisionzone.com/index.php?showforum=3

They were down last season compared to what they usually are.

Longview and John Curtis were discussing things after John Curtis and Olive Branch fell through. Am guessing Neville declined letting us change opponents. Glad to see JC at least got into things at the BOTB though. Gives me hope for next season in playing them.

Should be an interesting game for sure.

Well, they're a private school with access to any athlete that they desire in Louisiana. Depending on the rankings, they finished top 15 nationally on average last season and won the national title in 2012. I'd say they haven't changed a bit. JC has been trying to play some Texas teams recently and even called out Katy.

Have somewhere in the area of 8-9 players being contacted by FBS schools. Best Louisiana has to offer by a long shot.

That said, Lufkin better represent. They're all hype much like any other Louisiana "power" would be. Would also add that Lufkin's non-district slate just became more stout.

Lufkin may have bitten off more than they can chew ...

Foolish.

I don't see anything wrong with the Pack playing against teams like a JC and Longview that could potentially make them better for district and the playoffs.

Lufkin will have their hands full but Longiew will be better then John Curtis so hopefully that game will help us prepare for JC although you cant really simulate that offense.

better than JC...Longview ain't got a prayer in heaven coming back for the last time people...

Foolish.

I don't see anything wrong with the Pack playing against teams like a JC and Longview that could potentially make them better for district and the playoffs.

Not foolish at all .... just pointing out the truth about the two programs at this point in time. I'm not saying Lufkin shouldn't play JC, just saying they will be the decided underdog. I would love to see Lufkin beat them like they beat Evangel a few times, but I also know the reality of the situation, it isn't likely to happen. Best of luck to the Panthers, I would defiantly like to watch this one.

Not foolish at all .... just pointing out the truth about the two programs at this point in time. I'm not saying Lufkin shouldn't play JC, just saying they will be the decided underdog. I would love to see Lufkin beat them like they beat Evangel a few times, but I also know the reality of the situation, it isn't likely to happen. Best of luck to the Panthers, I would defiantly like to watch this one.

Lufkin never beat Evangel. You're thinking of Longview.

Your earlier post made it seem like we shouldn't play in this game, because we will be the underdogs. I think most on this board know that Lufkin isn't what they used to be from 98-06. However, this game could be essential to helping us improve as a team and it could also help us prepare for the teams we may see in district and the playoffs. I just think it's better to play against good or great competition in the regular season instead of scrubs. I guess I'm the only one that feels that way though....

We beat them in 06...

I remember Dez Bryant intercepting a couple of Evangel passes at their place as Lufkin beat them .... 06?

Lufkin never beat Evangel. You're thinking of Longview.

I beg to differ. I saw Lufkin beat them at Evangel ...

I beg to differ. I saw Lufkin beat them at Evangel ...

2000 - Lufkin lost 31-14

2001 - Lufkin lost 33-17

2006 - Lufkin won 24-14

That's the series, and the 2006 game was at Abe soooo....

Edit: nvm, was at Evangel.