UT recruiting

BRAD

You have to admit, UT fans are pretty boring at games compared to some of the obsessed hillbillies that show up to Aggie games...

I would agree their isn't much passion in some of the fans, but why would there be. The most some have invested in the university is the 11 dollar t.u shirt they bought at the 7-11 before the game. Hahah (obvious troll post). On a serious note there are a lot of fair weather Texas fans.

The older Texas fans are great fans but boring and quiet at games. The middle aged fans are raucous at games if the team is winning, if losing they can be seen screaming at the coaches from the stands. The college kids come late, get loud, and win or lose leave towards the end to hit 6th street. The younger kids are the best fans there are, if they're parents are fans, they'll yell and scream until the final whistle.

This is my opinion from my seats in section 6.

You have to admit, UT fans are pretty boring at games compared to some of the obsessed hillbillies that show up to Aggie games...

I've been to the giant erector set they call a stadium, and no it wasn't that crazy. Of course they were getting whipped so....

I've been to the giant erector set they call a stadium, and no it wasn't that crazy. Of course they were getting whipped so....

In my opinion, Texas is the model campus. The buildings are top notch, the streets are clean, good food nearby, quality athletics and great athletic facilities... their education programs may actually be better than most of the sports programs.

With that being said, I think that a lot of the fans at the games have become "regular citizens. " uneducated t shirt fans and the students are what makes an atmosphere while the season ticket holders are what brings in the $$$.

I think that is why the LSU/Vama game is so loud every year. Crazed morons with 12 too many beers who cheer for anything :)

That kid is very good! Pretty big pickup for the horns. They are gonna need to get much better QB play the next year. This is the type of kid who will be offered from all over.

I think Texas is putting all their chips, for 2017, in on Denton Guyers, Shawn Robinson.

I was listening to Sean Adams on KVET today and he was talking about Texas' past recruiting classes, specifically 2012 & 13. He said that the '12 class suffered from a lack of redshirts and the '13 class (already a small class) from attrition. He said those two recruiting classes and the situations surrounding each has left the Longhorns without experienced depth. Texas was able to redshirt more than half of its 2014 recruiting class and if they can do the same with '15 class the depth of talent at Texas should increase dramatically in '16 and '17.

• 3 weeks later...

Isaac Nauta just decommitted from FSU right after being on UT campus this past weekend , if Strong an Traylor get this guy then WOW. 5* TE from Florida FYI.

His decommitment post sounds like Charlie Strong to a T! Although many think Georgia is the school to beat.

His decommitment post sounds like Charlie Strong to a T! Although many think Georgia is the school to beat.

I thought the same thing when I read the tweet as well. I also read Georgia already has 2 TE commits already so who knows?? Also , Jordan Elliot and Justin Madubuike were both on campus this past weekend with their parents. Texas gets those 2 that solves DL recruiting right their , Madubuike looks like a beast on hudl highlights.

Hello Sam Ehlinger!!

He's nice pickup for the Horns! This summer he won the MVP at the Drew Brees camp and was the top QB at the Texas QB camp. He'll be a junior this season and come in the year after Buchele. QB is looking like a strength for the future, as long as guys pan out!

I thought the same thing when I read the tweet as well. I also read Georgia already has 2 TE commits already so who knows?? Also , Jordan Elliot and Justin Madubuike were both on campus this past weekend with their parents. Texas gets those 2 that solves DL recruiting right their , Madubuike looks like a beast on hudl highlights.

Don't tell the Aggies but if Texas can put together a decent season, Charlie may turn the in-state recruiting tide!

Don't tell the Aggies but if Texas can put together a decent season, Charlie may turn the in-state recruiting tide!

Especially if they have a major upset along the way. I can hear Strong saying to a recruit "did you see what we did to team x?"