Taking a Knee During

tdJesus

No one is crying about anything. And taking a knee, especially for a long time could lead to cramps, pulls, etc. Highly unlikely, true. The point is, it has nothing to do with respect. I brought it up because it was on the Friday night football app. Someone claimed Argyle and Pottsboro are classless because they "never take a knee," during injuries. That is an ignorant stance taken by pee wee dads who believe they are real coaches.

I don't know where you get your information. I get on my knees every night and morning, and I've only been given blessings for doing so. I don't see a big deal if the opposing team doesn't do it. Just as in my case, sometimes that's what some of these players are doing.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll say it again: Ummm, yeah - It EXACTLY has to do with respect. When did showing respect, or expecting others to, become "old-fashioned" or "classless"??? That's a different level of the mentality that the Constitution is outdated or standing and removing your headwear during the Star-Spangled Banner is no big deal. These young men are playing a game, and there is nothing wrong with showing respect to the fact that a fellow participant has risked his well-being and could possibly be seriously injured for the sake of the game. I'm honestly disappointed that any of my fellow Yoemen who might have been in Houston last December feel that it's not a big deal to respect that.

I'll say it again: Ummm, yeah - It EXACTLY has to do with respect. When did showing respect, or expecting others to, become "old-fashioned" or "classless"??? That's a different level of the mentality that the Constitution is outdated or standing and removing your headwear during the Star-Spangled Banner is no big deal. These young men are playing a game, and there is nothing wrong with showing respect to the fact that a fellow participant has risked his well-being and could possibly be seriously injured for the sake of the game. I'm honestly disappointed that any of my fellow Yoemen who might have been in Houston last December feel that it's not a big deal to respect that.

That's your idea of showing respect and you are entitled to that opinion. Not everyone feels like you and should not be subjected to do what you feel is respectful. So if they stand during an injury then they are allowed to and you should just let it go.

• Like 2

What's the difference if the team is taking a knee or standing up as long as they are conducting themselves in an orderly manner. Now this is what I consider disrespectful is when a team is shaking hands after the game and a few of the opposing teams players taunt the opposing teams fans with obscene gestures. I witnessed this happen this year.

• Like 3

That's your idea of showing respect and you are entitled to that opinion. Not everyone feels like you and should not be subjected to do what you feel is respectful. So if they stand during an injury then they are allowed to and you should just let it go.

There was a time when it was a "Given" that you took a knee out of genuine concern for an injured player... The Simple fact that this thread even Exists is proof enough to me that this country is in an irreversible moral decline brought on by folks who don't give a Rat's Rearend about anything or AnyOne than themselves. God help us!....🙄
  • Like 3

There was a time when it was a "Given" that you took a knee out of genuine concern for an injured player... The Simple fact that this thread even Exists is proof enough to me that this country is in an irreversible moral decline brought on by folks who don't give a Rat's Rearend about anything or AnyOne than themselves. God help us!....🙄

That is absolutely wrong, at least in my case. The whole point of this is that I am tired of hearing fans scream at teams and post about teams who do not take a knee. Many believe it is a rule that everyone take a knee during an injury. I feel it does not show respect because you are on a knee.

So I guess the REAL point is that it is much more disrespectful to scream and talk about a lack character of coaches and players on message boards when they do not take a knee. I understand some people feel that is the right thing to do. If that is your idea, go ahead and take a knee. If it is not, don't. I don't believe it shows respect at all. I believe it is a lemming mentality. If it was the respectful thing to do, basketball, baseball, hockey, etc would do it.

• Like 1

A knee? We got guys boycotting the national anthem...guys doing choreographed dance routines after a simple play...and guys wanna complain about taking a knee for a injured player? What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on?

Like the US hockey coach told his team....sit down on my bench during the national anthem, just keep sitting cause that's where you'll be the entire game.

• Like 1

Said the art Briles defender

Your are entitled to your opinions. Also if as a player you decided to stand while the rest of your team kneeled, you'd be looked at as disrespectful by most people. Maybe you are just in the minority and need to just let it go as you said. If people think that's disrespectful that is their right. That's the deal with these progressive liberals now days. Only their opinions matter, everybody else should just let it go

That is absolutely wrong, at least in my case. The whole point of this is that I am tired of hearing fans scream at teams and post about teams who do not take a knee. Many believe it is a rule that everyone take a knee during an injury. I feel it does not show respect because you are on a knee.

So I guess the REAL point is that it is much more disrespectful to scream and talk about a lack character of coaches and players on message boards when they do not take a knee. I understand some people feel that is the right thing to do. If that is your idea, go ahead and take a knee. If it is not, don't. I don't believe it shows respect at all. I believe it is a lemming mentality. If it was the respectful thing to do, basketball, baseball, hockey, etc would do it.

Thanks for proving my point.....I rest my case.

Said the art Briles defender

Your are entitled to your opinions. Also if as a player you decided to stand while the rest of your team kneeled, you'd be looked at as disrespectful by most people. Maybe you are just in the minority and need to just let it go as you said. If people think that's disrespectful that is their right. That's the deal with these progressive liberals now days. Only their opinions matter, everybody else should just let it go

I'm sorry I didn't know we were talking about one person standing while everyone else knelt? I don't think that's the point of this topic. Like most people losing an argument they change the parameters of the topic to fit there point. The point is no one on this earth will tell me to kneel or not to kneel. It is called liberty. Respect is shown how ever people want to show it and it is not up to anyone in the stands or UIL or anyone else to determine how they show there respect or even if they have to show respect. If they want to try can if not they don't. Simple, get over it.

As far as the briles defender comment, I always support people I have benefitted from and will always support people who I feel are good people. You keep reading your news reports and ESPN and believe what you want to and try to stop attacking people for believing how they do.

• Like 1

A moral decline is based on what you consider to be moral. (In which I agree with you on the decline) I value individual liberty more than morals. The people that go around trying not to inject their own personal morals on to others to force them into actions they don't feel necessary is not liberty. It's called tyranny. So you can run around smoaky thinking your moral compass is the only true way but in our country you don't get to decide for anyone else.

A moral decline is based on what you consider to be moral. (In which I agree with you on the decline) I value individual liberty more than morals. The people that go around trying not to inject their own personal morals on to others to force them into actions they don't feel necessary is not liberty. It's called tyranny. So you can run around smoaky thinking your moral compass is the only true way but in our country you don't get to decide for anyone else.

I Re-Rest my case...

I'm sorry I didn't know we were talking about one person standing while everyone else knelt? I don't think that's the point of this topic. Like most people losing an argument they change the parameters of the topic to fit there point. The point is no one on this earth will tell me to kneel or not to kneel. It is called liberty. Respect is shown how ever people want to show it and it is not up to anyone in the stands or UIL or anyone else to determine how they show there respect or even if they have to show respect. If they want to try can if not they don't. Simple, get over it.

As far as the briles defender comment, I always support people I have benefitted from and will always support people who I feel are good people. You keep reading your news reports and ESPN and believe what you want to and try to stop attacking people for believing how they do.

Standing alone or as a team during an injury just looks classless and disrespectful. You're the one that got upset because someone disagreed with your opinion and told them they should just let go of theirs.

This is a sad world when personal self gratitude is more important to some than being respectful to your fellow man. "Ain't nobody telling me s?it".... I feel for you man, I really do. This new generation baffles me. But hey we old school stuck in the mud redneck flag waving America respecting old #### showed up November 8th to shut this progressive liberal BS down. So you stand up when there's a player on the field, don't clap when they walk off or you can even yell for them to "get off the field you pansy"(I've actually heard that before) all you want to. We won't think less of you, we sure won't think any more of tough.

The Briles comment was there just to show you that folks remember your actions down the road. If Briles had given me my first job, a million bucks or anything I couldn't have supported him through his ####.

• Like 2

Standing alone it as a team during an injury just looks classless and disrespectful. You're the one that got upset because someone disagreed with your opinion and told them they should just let go of theirs.

This is a sad world when personal self gratitude is more important to some than being respectful to your fellow man. "Ain't nobody telling me s?it".... I feel for you man, I really do. This new generation baffles me. But hey we old school stuck in the mud redneck flag waving America respecting old #### showed up November 8th to shut this progressive liberal BS down. So you stand up when there's a player on the field, don't clap when they walk off or you can even yell for them to "get off the field you pansy"(I've actually heard that before) all you want to. We won't think less of you, we sure won't think any more of tough.

The Briles comment was there just to show you that folks remember your actions down the road. If Briles had given me my first job, a million bucks or anything I couldn't have supported him through his ####.

+1000000000

Fair enough actually DB2 I think you understand my point now as well I yours.

CarthDawg77 we really need to have a beer sometime and talk. I bet your not a bad guy.

Actually a decent guy who has strong feelings & opinions about the world we're livin' in... Beer's fine, scotch is better!😜

Dang, Dude... That reminds me of the book, "MiG Pilot" about the Russian pilot that defected to Japan in the 70's & did it in his MiG jet... He said the MiGs ran on Alcohol & all the Russian pilots drank their own jet fuel....

So thats why I got all their chicks while in Alaska and stupid Palin couldn't see from her house. And Bristol got preggo those times, makes sense now.