Week Ten - Longview at Tyler Lee

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (8-0, 4-0) at Tyler Lee Red Raiders (2-6, 1-3)  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Tyler Lee in a close one
    • Tyler Lee in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/2018 at 12:30 AM

1 minute ago, Hlion said:

On sidenote didn't realize Longview owned Lee 42-14 wow. I assume most of those 14 came in the late 90s mid 2000s when Lee was good. 

Nearly half of the 14 (6 of them) came in the first 12 meetings. Lobos and Rebels, as they were called back then, traded 3 game winning streaks in the first 12 years. Longview first, then Lee, then Longview again then Lee. 

Lee would have a random win here and there (82, 90). 

Then yea, Lee's other 6 wins came from 1998 to 2003.

Longview has completely dominated the series for the most part outside of that 7 game stretch where the Raiders went 6-1 against Longview. 

We've definitely had some close games in this 13 game winning streak Longview is currently on. We trailed going into the 4th in 2004, 2007 and 2010. But the last five meetings have been over before the game even started it felt like. Lee actually had the chance to be tied with us last season at half, but a blocked PAT returned for a 2 pointer gave Longview a 13-10 lead at half and then yea, it just blew up from there. 

16 minutes ago, Hlion said:

Don't mean to make this about band so I assume Moore the Head Director . I thought he was an assistant. I heard y'all had a outstanding band that got ones since the 60s or something like that. Great for him he truly is one of the best.

Our last director was pushed out/let go/however you want to look at it last year so he’s the head band director now.

Band got a 1 last weekend I believe for their 69th consecutive first division.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Best bet, even though Lee is still alive technically, is for Mesquite Horn to win out. The next two weeks will be interesting really.

North Mesquite (1-3) has Mesquite Horn, Rockwall Heath
Tyler Lee (1-3) has Longview, Mesquite Horn
Mesquite Horn (1-3) has North Mesquite, Tyler Lee

If Tyler Lee OR Mesquite Horn gets in, Rockwall is going Division I.

There's a couple different things that could happen...

1) Horn making it 
Mesquite Horn winning out would send them into the post season, as they would finish 3-3. North and Lee would both have at least 4 losses. That would make it - Division I, Rockwall/Mesquite - Division II, Longview/Mesquite Horn

2) North making it
North winning out would send them into the post season, as they would finish 3-3. Horn would have a 4th loss, and Lee even if they won out would lose the tiebreaker to North as the Stallions beat the Red Raiders already. That would make it - Division I, Mesquite/North Mesquite - Division II, Longview/Rockwall

3) Lee making it
Tyler Lee winning out, or even just beating Mesquite Horn, would send them to the post season. If Lee wins out, as long as North Mesquite does not also win out with Horn and Heath, would send them to the post season as 3-3. But also, if Lee loses to Longview, but beats Horn...they would have to hope North Mesquite loses out as well. As that would set up the potential standings to look like Lee (2-4), Horn (2-4), North (1-5). Heath technically would be in a potential 3 way tie with these two after that, but they would lose all the tiebreakers with their point differential and tie breaker losses to both Lee and Horn. That would make it - Division I, Rockwall/Mesquite - Division II, Longview/Tyler Lee

4) 3 way tie
North losing to Horn would push them to 1-4. Lee losing to Longview would push them to 1-4. Horn beating North would push them to 2-3. So say, Lee ends up beating Horn in the final week of the season, and North defeats Heath...we would end the season with North, Lee and Horn all tied at 2-4. Would come down to point differential to eliminate one team, then it would go to head to head. So can't really say yet, but there is a 17 point cap so we would just have to see what would happen with the point differential in the Horn/North game and the Lee/Horn game.

Its crazy Lee could still make the playoffs. If they had beat N.Mesquite they would probably be in. 

They have some young guys on varsity. They have a freshman RB...(JT's Damian Miller brother, who would have been at JT if they didn't rezone this yr)

I think brighter days are ahead for Lee but on paper, this game could get ugly quick

14 hours ago, lobo9599 said:

So who needs to win for Rockwall to go D1?

Man, I am with ya! Lol! I know we won and all but, I hate playing them and Waco Midway. Rockwall's wide receiver absolutely annihilated our entire secondary and playing them in the post season is something I am NOT looking forward to.

3 minutes ago, Quick said:

Man, I am with ya! Lol! I know we won and all but, I hate playing them and Waco Midway. Rockwall's wide receiver absolutely annihilated our entire secondary and playing them in the post season is something I am NOT looking forward to.

Damn right...Lobos had nothing for that kid! 300 yards receiving

• Like 1

Just crazy how I watched North Mesquite beat Lee in Mesquite Memorial Stadium several weeks ago.

Lee's defense was beyond bad on all 3 levels, can't tell you how many times they shot themselves in the foot offensively in that game. And they were flat out coached as well.

Incoming blowout.

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Just crazy how I watched North Mesquite beat Lee in Mesquite Memorial Stadium several weeks ago.

Lee's defense was beyond bad on all 3 levels, can't tell you how many times they shot themselves in the foot offensively in that game. And they were flat out coached as well.

Incoming blowout.

I know we complain about not winning state and everything but Lobos are not even close to being Lee level of sorry. Maybe Bero's ladt season at Longview or King/Collins first year

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gtee2 said:

I know we complain about not winning state and everything but Lobos are not even close to being Lee level of sorry. Maybe Bero's ladt season at Longview or King/Collins first year

Even in our down years though, we never were truly blown out like Lee has dealt with outside of one game in 99 vs Ruston and one game in 00 vs Midland Lee.

In 99, in district we lost two games by ten and one by nine. Minus the Ruston game, our biggest loss was by 17 to #2 Duncanville who had just won state.

In 00, in district we lost by 13, 14, 10 and 8. Of course, that was the really bad year with the Midland Lee game who was in their run of 3 straight state titles. Ouachita dominated us too. 

But we were still competitive in district play both years.

Lobo fans really don’t realize how lucky we are to have the program we have. Yes, we probably should have a couple more titles by now, but we’ve never experienced a run even at our absolute worst like Lee has been going through since they won State 15 seasons ago. Even in our 20 year run without a post season berth, we still had two co district championship seasons lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Lobo fans really don’t realize how lucky we are to have the program we have. Yes, we probably should have a couple more titles by now, but we’ve never experienced a run even at our absolute worst like Lee has been going through since they won State 15 seasons ago. Even in our 20 year run without a post season berth, we still had two co district championship seasons lol.

Lobo fans really don’t realize how lucky we are to have the program we have.

Yes. So much THIS.

Hey...  nothing wrong with having great expectations each year or passionately holding the program to a high standard, but dang...  I wish some folks would just step back a bit and do the math. 

• Like 3

On 10/27/2018 at 5:45 AM, TheFootballFan said:

I have to say it’s finally nice to see the Lobo band play some new things during game.... wow they look good!!!! Great job Tommy Moore!!!!

I give you a lot of grief TFF, but you're absolutely dead-on here. Tommy is awesome. 

• LOL! 2

2 hours ago, AKA said:

Yes. So much THIS.

Hey...  nothing wrong with having great expectations each year or passionately holding the program to a high standard, but dang...  I wish some folks would just step back a bit and do the math. 

🎯

5 hours ago, gtee2 said:

Lee would kill to have a season like ours in 2016, we hated it though.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Even in our down years though, we never were truly blown out like Lee has dealt with outside of one game in 99 vs Ruston and one game in 00 vs Midland Lee.

In 99, in district we lost two games by ten and one by nine. Minus the Ruston game, our biggest loss was by 17 to #2 Duncanville who had just won state.

In 00, in district we lost by 13, 14, 10 and 8. Of course, that was the really bad year with the Midland Lee game who was in their run of 3 straight state titles. Ouachita dominated us too. 

But we were still competitive in district play both years.

could be worse....Lee could be Pine Tree...lol

although Pine Tree has improved recently.

2 hours ago, gtee2 said:

How many of you Lobos would trade 10 win seasons for a championship or 2 or 3 🤔🤔

And there lies the problem.

Do we trade consistent success, over a prolonged period (in our case...50+ years),  for 1 season of success only to have the next 10 or so be completely irrelevant?

15 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

And there lies the problem.

Do we trade consistent success, over a prolonged period (in our case...50+ years),  for 1 season of success only to have the next 10 or so be completely irrelevant?

Lee didn't completely fall off the map after winning in 2004. They made the playoffs from 2006-2010 and in 2014. And they went 2-3 rounds deep in 2006 and 2009.  And Lee had very good teams before 2004 too. Like from 97-2004 Lee was very good.  I think semifinals in 2002

But you are correct, they ain't Longview.  I will say this, I have many friends and family that are Saints fan,  and they said winning the Super bowl erased all the bad memories from the past. Me personally, I'm taking the ring...lol.

16 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Lee didn't completely fall off the map after winning in 2004. They made the playoffs from 2006-2010 and in 2014. And they went 2-3 rounds deep in 2006 and 2009.  And Lee had very good teams before 2004 too. Like from 97-2004 Lee was very good.  I think semifinals in 2002

2005: 4-6
2006: 9-3 - Playoffs
2007: 5-6 - Playoffs
2008: 7-5 - Playoffs, 2nd round despite scoring only 13 points in both playoff games
2009: 6-6 - Playoffs, 3rd round somehow
2010: 2-9 - Playoffs
2011: 1-9
2012: 1-9
2013: 4-6
2014: 5-6 - Playoffs, gave up 76 in a loss
2015: 5-5
2016: 2-8
2017: 6-4
2018: 2-6, well on their way to 2-8.

That after registering at least 10 wins in 4 of the previous 5 seasons. 

That 2006 team was by far their best team, even if the 09 team got to the 3rd round. 

Since their state championship, they've become completely irrelevant is what I said.