Big Sandy Wildcats Vs Price Carlisle Indians

upullinmychain

2 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

This game has large implications,if big sandy wins it could force a three way tie..who ya picking in this contest?

I’m thinking Carlisle will still be the #1 seed (in the event of a 3 way tie). Most districts go with a 17 or 21 point differential cutoff. So for the sake of this discussion let’s say it’s 17. So right now the 3 teams are sitting:

Carlisle +17

Alto -8

Big Sandy -9

If Big Sandy wins by 13 or more then the standings would be: Big Sandy, Carlisle, Alto

If Big Sandy wins by 2-12 the standings would be: Carlisle, Big Sandy, Alto

If Big Sandy wins by 1 the standings would be: Carlisle, Alto, Big Sandy

If Carlisle wins this post will be a mute point! ha!

Thinking my indians do a little tweaking to the defense this week ,gotta keep getting tougher on that side of the ball.offense has had a pretty good outing every game this year,but usually has that one game where the timing is a smidge off,defense needs to be ready to snuff out any opposition at any time.

on a good note our band just got notification they are going back to state..Congrats to these kiddos.

• Like 1

Ok since you Carlisle gents are talking to yourselfs I'll chime in... here is the deal bs will play their butts off the 1st half barring turnovers and have you worried then the gas tank will run out and Carlisle will run away but I think the game should be close until bs runs out if gas. Just too many 2 way players that have to play every play at 100% to go 4 quarters. Oh and then there's the kicking game I'm not even going there... info and should win but it should be competitive enough for Indians to play starters into the 4th quarter 

I see what you are saying Knothead, but I doubt it will be even close. Their team speed is just really special this year and I am confident BS has seen nothing like it to this point. I do wish you all the best and maybe you’ll put a little scare into the Injuns, but I doubt it. They just have that IT factor this season.

Did y’all lose 23? That guy is a player! I hope you didn’t for his (and the team’s) sake.

Good luck but gotta go with our brothers from Carlisle!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, knothead58 said:

Ok since you Carlisle gents are talking to yourselfs I'll chime in... here is the deal bs will play their butts off the 1st half barring turnovers and have you worried then the gas tank will run out and Carlisle will run away but I think the game should be close until bs runs out if gas. Just too many 2 way players that have to play every play at 100% to go 4 quarters. Oh and then there's the kicking game I'm not even going there... info and should win but it should be competitive enough for Indians to play starters into the 4th quarter 

They wont have this team worried...even if you had that running back.

Carlisle's field should be somewhat dry and in really good shape,people won't be slipping down. If yall have a bad kicking game,the Indians are going to try and exploit it at every opportunity.if bs has a defensive weaknesses,Clay will attack it relentlessly at every angle conceivable,and when you adjust to strengthen that weakness he will attack the the spot you purposefully weakened yourself.

As our defense has been the strength of the Indians this year I'm curious as to how the wildcats will approach the game offensively?I'm hopeful that bs will come at us balanced and attack from all quadrants,we need a strong chess game to test us going into the playoffs,several times this year I've seen the rock literally shift players away from the play,just so the younger kids would be on an island by themselves and have to defend it solo,all with the purpose of being able to stunt and blitz without having to worry about an underclassmen misplaying it.

As for the Indian offense,well that's no secret,Gerald is gonna find a way to get mismatches in the secondary and at the same time if he sees an opening along the edge,he'll take off and that in itself presents problems for the opposing DC Pressure him and force him into running or try and shut the pass game down..yes sir,chess moves will count Friday night in price Texas..shall we play a game?

7 hours ago, Goldmember said:

Nobody in this district can play with Carlisle, especially Big Sandy. Carlisle big. They are going to be playing for a while! 

I think barring injuries you may be right. These young men are playing very good football. In the playoffs you need a good kicking game √ , solid defense √ and a good offense with a dual threat QB √. Carlisle has all three. State championship is theirs lose. All the elements are in place to win it