UPDATE: Hughes Springs hires Joshua Willis

Smoaky

12 minutes ago, 2017Patriot said:

If so many people believe Edward's was such a good coach then why couldn't he find another job coaching? This new guy may just be a place holder for the  next guy though. Lol

He is coaching at Hooks. He had other Athletic Director offers from other schools prior taking the job at Hooks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

So he was fired? Or am I missing something? 🤔 

According to what I read in the original post by Smoak. He was reassigned. He was still under contract. Both parties agreed to an exit agreement. I have been told they paid him most of this years salary. Combined with the salary from Hooks, 2023 is a great year for Coach Edwards financially. 

14 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

So he was fired? Or am I missing something? 🤔 

Firing someone is t the only way to get rid of them. I had a former boss wanting to get rid of our whole crew because work was so slow. He didn’t want to have to pay unemployment so he called us in and asked who could pass a drug test. 2 guys quit on the spot and then my boss said I refused to take a drug test. I ended up getting unemployment for a couple weeks until I found a job. 

31 minutes ago, HS1988 said:

According to what I read in the original post by Smoak. He was reassigned. He was still under contract. Both parties agreed to an exit agreement. I have been told they paid him most of this years salary. Combined with the salary from Hooks, 2023 is a great year for Coach Edwards financially. 

Thanks for the clarification hoss

• Like 1