Who will win this year's district title?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this year's district title?

• Chapel hill Bulldogs
    • Kilgore Bulldogs
    • Lindale Eagles
    • Jacksonville Indians
    • Palenstine Wildcats
    • Athens Hornets
    • Henderson Lions

This is Chapel Hills district to lose this season. Kilgore as always will have something to say about that. Really enjoying the rivalry between CH and Kilgore over the last several years. Chapel Hill did lose 2 incredibly talented receivers but have some good ones coming up from JV. I also think CH will have one of the best linebacker duo in the state this year. Junior Trevor Brooks could and should be one of the best players in 4a this season. Looking forward to a great season and hopefully CH can hang 80 on Lindale. LOL

• LOL! 2

16 hours ago, Chill5000 said:

This is Chapel Hills district to lose this season. Kilgore as always will have something to say about that. Really enjoying the rivalry between CH and Kilgore over the last several years. Chapel Hill did lose 2 incredibly talented receivers but have some good ones coming up from JV. I also think CH will have one of the best linebacker duo in the state this year. Junior Trevor Brooks could and should be one of the best players in 4a this season. Looking forward to a great season and hopefully CH can hang 80 on Lindale. LOL

Dae Dae is your best linebacker isn't he? Regardless Trevor is a beast also.

On 7/13/2023 at 2:22 PM, KildogDad said:

Cal preps has:

CHill at 4

Kilgore at 5

Lindale at 12

Athens at 47

Palestine at 49

Jacksonville at 52

Henderson at 65

I dont think Henderson will be in the cellar but no doubt that Coach Baker has his work cut out for him this season. After the last couple years Im just hoping that the team will look prepared to play on Friday nights. We have the right HC for the job and he will get Hendo back to competing with CH, Kilgore and Lindale but imo it is going to take a couple of years. In about 6 weeks we will start to find out.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2023 at 2:22 PM, KildogDad said:

Cal preps has:

CHill at 4

Kilgore at 5

Lindale at 12

Athens at 47

Palestine at 49

Jacksonville at 52

Henderson at 65

Cal prep? DAVE CAMPBELL'S is texas football ...who do they ranked in the top 15? screen shot or link please And they have Athens ranked 4th in the DISTRICT that is highly doubtful

On 7/15/2023 at 6:03 PM, Chill5000 said:

Lot of people talking about hanging 80 on Lindale. I have a feeling it will be different than last year. Not saying who will win one way or another, but I do not expect there to be 120 combined points scored.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Lot of people talking about hanging 80 on Lindale. I have a feeling it will be different than last year. Not saying who will win one way or another, but I do not expect there to be 120 combined points scored.

I agree. CH is for sure the favorite to win but I figure Lindale will prepare hard for that game. After dominating CH the 2 years before I think that went into that game last year unprepared and got smacked in the mouth. Should be different this year

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 9:40 AM, Jakeelee05 said:

I agree. CH is for sure the favorite to win but I figure Lindale will prepare hard for that game. After dominating CH the 2 years before I think that went into that game last year unprepared and got smacked in the mouth. Should be different this year

That and the game is in Lindale this year but on the other hand having to replace 4 of 5 offensive lineman will be tough for any team

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see Kilgore taking a step back this year from what they've put out there the past 3 seasons. Lots of talent on both sides of the ball and having a dual threat QB (extremely rare in K-town) should be an added advantage. Coach Fuller and his staff have a good thing going on.

With that said, Chapel Hill has some dudes. Dudes that any team in the state, regardless of classification would love to have on their roster. And I believe they've won 3 straight against Kilgore..... albeit narrowly. To be the man you have to beat the man, and right now Chapel Hill is the man.

Lindale will always be good to very good as long as they have that coaching staff. Never an easy out. But to knock off teams with the talent of Chapel Hill and Kilgore they will need another special player, like Jordan Jenkins.

As for the rest, I'd probably go...

Henderson - just a matter of time before they become relevant again

Palestine - puts a good team together every few years

Athens - I can't remember the last time they were relevant

Jax - they lost their 2 best players to graduation and they were not very good last year with them.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2023 at 5:27 PM, Aggie98 said:

I don't see Kilgore taking a step back this year from what they've put out there the past 3 seasons. Lots of talent on both sides of the ball and having a dual threat QB (extremely rare in K-town) should be an added advantage. Coach Fuller and his staff have a good thing going on.

With that said, Chapel Hill has some dudes. Dudes that any team in the state, regardless of classification would love to have on their roster. And I believe they've won 3 straight against Kilgore..... albeit narrowly. To be the man you have to beat the man, and right now Chapel Hill is the man.

Lindale will always be good to very good as long as they have that coaching staff. Never an easy out. But to knock off teams with the talent of Chapel Hill and Kilgore they will need another special player, like Jordan Jenkins.

As for the rest, I'd probably go...

Henderson - just a matter of time before they become relevant again

Palestine - puts a good team together every few years

Athens - I can't remember the last time they were relevant

Jax - they lost their 2 best players to graduation and they were not very good last year with them.

Kilgores Qb and RB graduated and just 2 of 5 O line coming back correct? And your right Chapel Hill did win the last 3 over Kilgore 41 to 35 in OT in the 3rd round, then 32 to 20 in Kilgore, and again in the 4th round 24 to 21 

On 8/7/2023 at 7:20 PM, Jknight03 said:

Kilgores Qb and RB graduated and just 2 of 5 O line coming back correct? And your right Chapel Hill did win the last 3 over Kilgore 41 to 35 in OT in the 3rd round, then 32 to 20 in Kilgore, and again in the 4th round 24 to 21 

I believe it was 2 OT on the 41-35 playoff game....no doubt Chapel Hill is very talented and has had Kilgore's number the past few meetings...but, honestly Kilgore was a play or two away from playing in the semis the past 2 years instead of Chapel Hill...just like Chapel Hill was 9 sec away from playing for a Championship....got to find a way to make 1 more play!!..it will be a tall task again to figure out how to make that play and we did lose some very good players from last year... but we return a ton of very talented ones who I believe are more than capable of being every bit as good if not better than the last couple of years

On 8/7/2023 at 7:20 PM, Jknight03 said:

as far as what returns on the Oline...I think we return 2 or 3 but we get 1 back that would have been a starter last year but wasn't due to injury..?? (not for sure)...we will have to find a RB (which is never a problem) and also break in a new QB....we may struggle a little until we get in sync but honestly I think this offense has the potential to be really really good...QB may not be as great at passing as Vanzandt was early on but he doesn't look bad from what I have seen and will only get better....the difference though is teams will now have to prep for a duel threat QB who can fly....on the defensive side Kilgore may have one of the best secondary's in the state...so there's that

5 hours ago, kdogs00 said:

as far as what returns on the Oline...I think we return 2 or 3 but we get 1 back that would have been a starter last year but wasn't due to injury..?? (not for sure)...we will have to find a RB (which is never a problem) and also break in a new QB....we may struggle a little until we get in sync but honestly I think this offense has the potential to be really really good...QB may not be as great at passing as Vanzandt was early on but he doesn't look bad from what I have seen and will only get better....the difference though is teams will now have to prep for a duel threat QB who can fly....on the defensive side Kilgore may have one of the best secondary's in the state...so there's that

Strong optimism there for a team that replaces a lot. Kilgore mentality I suppose. Didn’t Kilgore lose a guy to Carthage? I still put the dogs as DC but Chapel Hill will be extremely difficult and Lindale is so well coached.