The Smoakhouse Forums

Mike Waldie resigns at Daingerfield to become OC at Pearland High School...

21 hours ago, HJR7 said:

ESPN 30 for 30 

Presents: Danger in the Field.

What if I told you a legendary East Texas football town. Had it all until...

You could have a pretty good documentary when you tie in the town dying around the school too.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know decker reads smoaky and probably wouldn’t like you putting his name out there like that, true or not.  With all the support that’s been generated for the other guy, I don’t think he’d like si

Interviews start Monday. Word in the street ... DA was seen in Title town yesterday talking to a Realtor.

Daingerfield is a hard-nosed town and needs a hard nosed coach.  Barry Bowman didn't take #### off of any of those kids.  He didn't take it from his coaches either.  Daingerfield won with him.  Hugg b

Posted Images

Agree with "don'tknowmuch". A lot of these comments are negative and does nothing but make DHS look bad. And some of the posters on here are putting half truths in their comments. Is it to make you feel like you know what is going on. Or to make some good people look bad for your enjoyment. Instead of trying to tear it down, put your efforts into building it up, who ever the new coach is.

• Thanks 2
  • Stinks 1

Honestly if the situation would have been handled properly and not try and force "power" down everyone's throats. It prolly wouldn't be such an uproar. Logitech you're right about it making us look bad but hell we've been hated for years. It's 2nd nature now it seems. 

• Thanks 1

The truth is the truth. I’ve given nothing but full truths when I know them. Don’t really care about dfield either way tbh. It just is what is. One of your top two finalist is kind of not a good person who used dirty politics and back stabbed waldie all year. If that makes dfield look bad it makes dfield look bad. But it’s also 100% the truth. 

• Thumbs Down 1
21 hours ago, DontKnowMuch said:

I have read most of the posts on this forum and some strange patterns seem to have emerged.  Early on there were posters listing their top head coaches for the job from other schools, which is not uncommon for a thread like this.  Soon enough DA posts started showing up which is also not unusual when there is a HC job open at Daingerfield.  Then the current coaching staff bashing started coming up, again which is not unusual in a topic such as this.  And then, as usual, the bashing of the administration and school board began to show up.  So it seems to me this began as just a normal thread.

However, the personal attacks on people of the community have been extremely harsh.  The "fieldhouse man" attacks are some of the most disturbing to me because that man is one of the best men to have ever lived around Daingerfield.  I mean even to the point of one poster insinuating he is going incognito for not driving his classic truck around but instead opting for the camry which was his deceased wife's car.  The same one he has been driving pretty regularly since her death is ridiculous to me.  The accusations that the "little fat man" is running the show?  The remarks that the superintendent is just looking out for her own agenda and personal gain?  What personal gain could come from this for the superintendent?

I'm also confused by the posts of how dumb she is being led around by the manipulators, while claiming she is the one manipulating the selection committee, the school board and the entire town.  Which one is it?  Or, is it the personal agenda of some of the posters on here who are looking out for their own wants or who may bitter from past decisions?  

Whoever the administration and school board decide to hire, I am behind them 100% and will trust their decision even if I don't agree with it.  We always need to remember those actually playing the game on Friday nights are just kids and they deserve the support of the Daingerfield fans.

It’s called “we didn’t get what we wanted, and we’re taking our toys and going home!” Also the same people to throw out “millennial”!

• Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

Honestly if the situation would have been handled properly and not try and force "power" down everyone's throats. It prolly wouldn't be such an uproar. Logitech you're right about it making us look bad but hell we've been hated for years. It's 2nd nature now it seems. 

I'm not trying to be controversial here, but I am genuinely curious about how did they try to force power down everyone's throats?  I have heard information which directly contradicts what is being posted here.  For instance, I have heard outside of this forum that the school board president requested the top 2, not the top 3.  Inside the forum we have heard it said that the superintendent manipulated it to only be the top 2.  I'm curious which one is correct and how anyone who wasn't there would know this information.  Again, this is what I have heard as I was not there to see or hear it myself.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, randomuser said:

Serious question, how does a grown man get drunk on bud lites? You’d have to drink a case to get a buzz.

Wondered same thing. Seems hard to do. 

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, DontKnowMuch said:

I'm not trying to be controversial here, but I am genuinely curious about how did they try to force power down everyone's throats?  I have heard information which directly contradicts what is being posted here.  For instance, I have heard outside of this forum that the school board president requested the top 2, not the top 3.  Inside the forum we have heard it said that the superintendent manipulated it to only be the top 2.  I'm curious which one is correct and how anyone who wasn't there would know this information.  Again, this is what I have heard as I was not there to see or hear it myself.

It is the top two chosen and why they were chosen and whether or not they are qualified or best qualified.  Trust me it will all come out eventually and the truth will set a few people free.

I don't know squat about Nelson, but any school would be insane to pass over Horn. Dude has done nothing but win consistently and build Tinnyhaw into a powerhouse. 

• Thanks 2
25 minutes ago, wildtigers said:

It is the top two chosen and why they were chosen and whether or not they are qualified or best qualified.  Trust me it will all come out eventually and the truth will set a few people free.

So this goes back to the choices of the committee?

29 minutes ago, AKA said:

I don't know squat about Nelson, but any school would be insane to pass over Horn. Dude has done nothing but win consistently and build Tinnyhaw into a powerhouse. 

This is a ludicrous statement.  Not a knock on Horn, by all means, he's a great coach.  But he didn't build anything.  He was welcomed into a great situation with a Regional powerhouse already developed.

I sincerely hope he finds the better job that he is looking for since he so dearly wants out of Tenaha.  

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

This is a ludicrous statement.  Not a knock on Horn, by all means, he's a great coach.  But he didn't build anything.  He was welcomed into a great situation with a Regional powerhouse already developed.

I sincerely hope he finds the better job that he is looking for since he so dearly wants out of Tenaha.  

Is there reasons why he wants out? Just curious

1 hour ago, DontKnowMuch said:

Since you're hearing certain things and I'm hearing certain things. Sounds like there's a bunch of things going on and we're only getting the side we see or hear. How about we collaborate and figure it out for the committee. Sounds easy lol.... seriously your debating your side and some debate theirs. It's a mess and I wish it fixed sooner than later. I've heard from a few members of the SB that want answers to why there is only 2 when they were promised in writing by the Boss. The other stuff about the Chevy and the fat man I've circled around that. I was exposed 2 years ago on here. I know them personally and I don't see anything they've done to be wrong. Haven't really seen any new people running a town but I'm not on the inside. I'm on the outside looking in....

22 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

Is there reasons why he wants out? Just curious

I have absolutely no contact with the man.  

Great guy. Great coach.  Hire him.  

24 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

I agree that the powerhouse was already built, and that he is a great coach. I also think he’s a perfect fit for Daingerfield. They were dominant under Bowman, who preaches defense first. Horn has the same philosophy. Also, having spent three years in Tenaha, he knows how to deal with unrealistic expectations. 

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

I agree that the powerhouse was already built, and that he is a great coach. I also think he’s a perfect fit for Daingerfield. They were dominant under Bowman, who preaches defense first. Horn has the same philosophy. Also, having spent three years in Tenaha, he knows how to deal with unrealistic expectations. 

In the 3 years he was here none of those expectations were unrealistic considering the talent on the field.  

Year 1: compete, Year 2: let's win the region Year 3: let' go to state.  What was unrealistic about any of that? He met expectations.  

5 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Also he doesn't have to build a powerhouse in Daingerfield. After Bowman left, Sardenia came in and had first a quarterfinal(2011), State Championship appearance(2012)Quaterfinal(2013) finishes. The last couple of years have been 7-5 seasons, but good years are coming for the Tigers.

• LOL locked this topic